PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 1)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/812009976776097843/911693004350316614/1637433479832.png

babe wake up, it’s another fake 4chan “”“leak”"" that’s already been disproved (cyphers don’t have a currency cap, per wowhead’s interview here: https://www.wowhead.com/news/the-starting-zone-patch-9-2-interview-with-morgan-day-anduin-encounter-sepulcher-325004).

It’s definitely fake, but I find the idea that the Sylvanas book was delayed due to Danuser pouting at Golden also hilarious, so I’m choosing to believe that part, even though it is - as noted - fake.

Also the only Golden specific writing thing I’m aware of is that she gave worgen tails, which is an objectively good choice.

Werewolves should always have tails.

I will die on this hill.

At that point the problem is no longer a game, it’s the lack of players in much needed therapy. Good grief.

“I’m referencing mythology! I’m a GENIUS!”

~ Danuser, probably

2 Likes

Also does this mean we’re retconning the origins of Light/Void? The implication here seems to be that the Void was an intentional cosmic force, despite its singular goal being the devouring of said cosmos.

3 Likes

Of course it is. Still.

I’m so exhausted that I forget what I was going to post. Just more misery.

lol @ the bungie gestapo infiltrating blizzard to fire lots of innocent people

2 Likes

There’s still the implication of an endless cycle across realities as perpetuated by these machines but for what, exactly?

There’s actually a lot of creation myths around the world that involve snakes apparently.

Also does this mean the Pantheons are waging wars against each other, despite all of them being made by the Forerunners and all set on their singular goals?

Ergo: the Void’s invasion of Bastion, Light’s invasion of Revendreth, Fel vs Arcane/Order, Void vs Light and are they free to ally themselves with whatever outside pantheon they want? Elune and the Winter-Queen, or if the Titans are the Order/Arcane Pantheon, Sargeras turning to the Fel…

And can other members of other Pantheons switch sides aswell?

Horde racials are stronger? There’s heavy faction imbalance? Thank you, anonymous totally Blizzard employee. I really needed a super secretive 4chan leak to give me info that could be found on realmpop.

In other breaking news from this leak, Season of Mastery is seasonal. Wow. Mind blown.

1 Like

To add to this, I guess it also retcons the creation of the very universe. No more Big Bang-esque start with Light & Void clashing and spawning the Twisting Nether from that. Guess the First Ones didn’t just make the planets or whatever, they also made the Light & Void move on command.

I guess next expansion will feature another universe since the First Ones probably didn’t just make one :clown_face:

6 Likes

The classic leak formula:

Play on what the playerbase is discontent with but with an “employee” slant.
Make vague hints at what is coming.
Throw something in about statistics or something that sounds believable to a jaded fandom

3 Likes

Oh by the dark gods no. Danuser discovered Jungian archetypes.

you literally had it in the form of the aqir infested

We step out of the fake world of Warcraft into the real one.

1 Like

We already had that with WoD.
They created all universes in the different timelines, because the Shadowlands and Fel transcend all realities/Timelines.

Also, now that all credits go to the First Ones.
What did the Titans actually do?

I want that again

Not this

“The appearance of a werewolf in its animal form varies from culture to culture, though it is most commonly portrayed as being indistinguishable from ordinary wolves save for the fact that it has no tail

2 Likes

Wait. What? Thats new for me! :stuck_out_tongue:
Fair enough.

Tailless Wolves would look weird af, tho!