PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Has to be one in every game.

I love how my brain took a moment to see if you described them as a drug. :joy:
But yeah, flavour wise I think many characters are a bit lacking, or follow the same cycle.

:eyes: What remains of his biceps that is.

1 Like

Every time I hear/read that sentence, a small portion of my will to play this game dies.

1 Like

According to Danuser, a soul in the Shadowlands consists of ‘threads’, which are represented by the various mortal incarnations of each soul stretched across an (infinite?) multitude of timelines.

We’ve had confirmation that Garrosh was a “great hero of his people in countless potential timelines” and that the Garrosh we happened to see was one of the worst.

So, shouldn’t that mean that the Garrosh we will find in 9.1 is going to be an entirely different character who will barely resemble the arrogant, prideful, bloodthirsty orc we have come to know?

(spoiler: no and also Danuser will continue not to get called out by the larger playerbase because most people don’t care and just want pretty cinematics to watch in between their raid tiers).

9 Likes

I miss early Legion, when Genn and most Gilneans were very clearly ignoring the whole truce and really only wanted to kill Sylvanas which led to one (1) cool cutscene and nothing ever since.
Did Genn even do anything in BfA aside from talking to some people in Boralus?

Don’t the threads also coalesce into one “rope” when the soul enters the shadowlands?
So that uuh two very different people combine into one when they die?

Man

I’m lost.

5 Likes

Led the Gilneans to Darkshore and confronted Rastakhan during the whole Siege, promptly proving Anduin wrong in that they cannot both help out at Darkshore and siege Dazar’alor

He also does some stuff in Naga-land

3 Likes

His major appearance was in the pre-patch where he actually stood still and allowed Sylvanas to monlogue for about 2 minutes straight. Other than that, what Adelais said.

Ah, I’ve only done the main zone quests alliance side, so that explains why I haven’t seen him.

cursed words

14 Likes

It’s almost as if Danuser pulls these things out of thin air when he’s questioned about it because they didn’t think of it before.

9 Likes

I wish Blizzard would stop with the whole “things transcend all realities” because it’s never worked for them and just makes the entire cosmos fall apart.

To re-visit one of my older rants: Demons don’t go to the Shadowlands, they just exist in the twisting nether or gets obliterated completely if killed there. Demons aren’t native, they are another live being having been turned into a demon. The Burning Legion & demons transcend all realities and there only exist one of them each.

But since they don’t exist as natives, that means or imply that when a being becomes a demon, all other versions of themselves across infinite realities would cease to exist. And because there are infinite realities, that means that at any given second, there is a 100% chance some version of you or a character becomes a demon, and thus all other versions stops existing.

Following this logic, all of creation in WoW Universe would stop existing right now. Shadowlands would also be empty since the souls of other versions would get destroyed alongside the other versions when something becomes a demon.

9 Likes

just have alternate shadowlands for alternate universes. job done.

oh wait, but you have a legion that exists in all timelines. bet you wish you hadn’t done that now

7 Likes

“Make sure the Twisting Nether has time dilation too, because we liked Interstellar”

7 Likes

Everything needs to have time dilation now, they’ve said time flows differently in the Shadowlands too. Can’t wait to see how the drop they ball on that one.

1 Like

We return after the expansion, only for centuries to have passed on Azeroth. The world we left behind no longer exists, not in the way we remembered.

WoW 2 begins.

1 Like

Westfall and Darkshore still have swirly vortexes in for no reason.

10 Likes

Hey now that swirly vortex has one very important function.

You can ramp off it with a motorcycle to impress a small child in an effort for him to give you his pet.

2 Likes

I think my favourite thing about the shadowlands storytelling is how the jailer could just keep waiting for another eternity or so until his army is big enough to defeat any other potential cosmic threat (it’s already supposedly on par with the legion) as well as letting the realms of death just starve.
But nooo, he had to provoke The Chosen Heroes Of Azeroth™ just at the wrong time.

All of our beloved favourite characters are long gone. Except Jaina, Thrall, Anduin and Baine.

9 Likes

Concept idea:

A raid, but where the bad guy is actually clever. Instead of spacing out his strongest followers in varying order across several rooms, he just has all of them waiting at the entrance.

4 Likes

kicker is that unless they timeskip by like 100 years, the vast majority of faction leaders will still be around because so many of them are BABIES (or elves).

2 Likes