PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 2)

This worked for America and the benefit of “Project Paperclip” basically made them what they are today…
And to a lesser extent Russia’s “Operation Osoaviakhim”
After the Warlocks, Death Knights, Demon Hunters (and theri demonic allies) and void elves… would have been foolish not to accept the ones who want to join
:man_shrugging:

If you want to smooth your brain into a perfect sphere just because you want your draenei to look red, then go ahead.

But god damn if it’s not funny to watch all the people (both here and in the GD threads) try and argue that man’ari eredar can in any way, shape or form belong to any other faction than that of “unspeakably chaotic evil”.

Please tell me more about how this works. Preferably in excruciating detail, just as Danuser intended.

3 Likes

But yes.

This is the Sequel Trilogy all over again.

5 Likes

But when will it be MY time!?

Soon ™

Yrel emerging from the portal about to meet up with her old pal of the Alliance only to have Man’ari diplomats and dignitaries within…

This entire planet must be purged.

3 Likes

Velen is clearly a Skru~ Dreadlord

I’m reminded of an episode of TNG where they discover an energy being who settled down for a quiet life on a human colony world and married a human woman who lived there. The colony was destroyed by an aggressive alien empire, when the energy being discovered his wife’s dead body, in a moment of grief and rage he used his vast power to instantly kill the entire species. All of them, everywhere, in less than a second.

When Picard and the crew discover this, they let the energy being go because their sense of justice simply cannot handle the scale of the energy being’s crime. He can’t give the energy being punishment or pardon because the scope of the energy beings crime is so beyond his moral capacity.

The scope of what the man’ari have done is so beyond anything else, even the evil of the Old Gods is confined to Azeroth. Redemption, punishment, atonement, how do you even begin to offer any of that to creatures who have partaken in the destruction of thousands of worlds and species. What justice can match that scale. It’s mindboggling.

2 Likes

After void elves, I don’t even know.

But the horde have changed as well. Blood elves only were depicted as “evil” or “cunning” for one expansion, burning crusade. The Sunwell as restored after that and they practically became alliance styled high elves.

Nightborne are…. Well I don’t even need to explain how they don’t fit the horde’s original style before blood elves.

And then Vulpera and pandas. I’ll let you make your conclusions.

oooooo I almost forgot Calia, “for the light lady”

Danuser, when the writing fell.

2 Likes

The GD threads are filled with people who are deranged or have absolutely 0 care for the game’s lore and the setting as long as they get to play their red dommy mommy demons. Any argument or discussion there is like talking with a 15-year-old with severe ADHD.

I can’t say the same for the people here though, apart from the fact some are clearly too glued to the fence they’re sitting on and thinking anything the current development/writing team could produce would justify Man’ari joining the Alliance.

That said, if this turns out to be an actual redemption story, then the playable Man’ari will just be Draenei with a red tint and an ultra evil past that’s now forgiven because Velen had a seizure. You can’t RP them as blatantly evil as that’d go against said redemption, you can’t actively accept all consequences to your character’s existence as 98% of Azeroth’s population wants you banished or dead and you won’t probably be able to live out any other fantasy than being an NPC in a demon cult guild or sanitized Stormwind Slice of Life RP where anything goes.

Playable Man’ari is just them being sanitized and degraded into Red Draenei with a tragic past. Thanks Danuser!

2 Likes

I like that they’re adding more customization options, and not just adding them but adding some story content to explain some things about them is cool, but I’d rather have some storythread about some manari or whatever having made their way to azeroth and doing evil manari crap here and there to explain them + warlocks being added to Draenei as opposed to… this

anyways time for me to ride high on cool new nelf customziations + gear again

1 Like

woah woah wait a second here. i hadn’t looked at it like that…

i retract all previous complaints. see you out there gamers :wink:

3 Likes

I wouldn’t take Velen’s vision as anything serious anymore. Dude managed to forget about his own son and wife, he could be the embidoment of “My source is that I made it the duck up! It came to me in a dream!”

Ah but you can be in the right circles, that’s what RP is about.
Or subtly evil…

I don’t think I have any characters that would get on with them though. Going to be similar to the Darkfallen situation. Too much bad history…
Burn em all.

Ah, thanks for the reminder. Maybe it’s his now very Demonic wife reappearing and convincing him that not all demons are evil causes all this.

Judging by the debate already, I think I’ll stay out of this from now on. Especially as I won’t be playing one anyway.

What new customizations? I haven’t heard anything.

• I kinda wish they would add a few Highborne jewelry options for night elf mages. They are adding red Draenei for crying out loud, but the playable night elf mages who were introduced with proper lore since cataclysm have almost nothing.

New tattoo colours (a red and a green), a new face marking, as well as several body tattoos!

3 Likes