PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 2)

My neutral Pandaren had several friends, who then got stomped and later sacrificed to sustain a Legion portal on the Peak of Serenity. Oh and that battalion of Demons were led by a Man’ari Eredar.

But since my IRL convictions bleed into my RP character I’ll give the Eredar a second chance. They can’t all be evil! Fel doesn’t corrupt!

1 Like

From my point of view, the Jedi are evil! - Anakin Skywalker

2 Likes

American Both-Sides/Centrism is the True Evil, and must be obliterated :fist:

1 Like

They may spawn at this rate.
And give all warlocks fel green eyes or DH fire sockets.

I’ve been thinking. Maybe I should wait until Man’ari are actually released, then see if I should complain.

I will give them the benefit of the doubt.
It will make me look cooler when I will rant for the poor writing decisions that will come.

Blizzard aren’t deserving of it.

6 Likes

Blizzard don’t deserve it, but I’d like the whole picture.

3 Likes

I mean, I get where most people are coming from, but consider this;

We already have evil RPers using normal looking Draenei as Eredars.

And people who don’t give a hoot about thelore would use it anyways. Atleast now we can, once again, see who is a “good” Eredar RPer, the ones who acknowledge the hate and distrust and maybe even physical attacks against their characters being a pretty normal reaction in most cases.

In the same vein as how good DK, DH, Warlock RPers acknowledge their classes do not deserve to be trusted!

And the slice of life Eredars RPers who just want, as so eloquantly stated above, red dommy mommy OC who just wants to sip tea and gossip in the park with her girlfriends and their Kid Argi

3 Likes

Yes, but it’s not the same as the storyline going up to the latter and saying that they’re the one that’s actually playing a canonically accurate playable eredar.

1 Like

I am ignoring the whole of Shadowlands as having happened.

I think I can add parts of a new, probably small, questline to the list I choose to ignore.

1 Like

You are right and I don’t blame anyone for thinking it is a fail in the eyes of the previously established worldbuilding but eeh. I don’t want to deal with all the fans who go “you can’t comprehend Blizzard’s genius for this move. It adds more customization options, options that violate the spirit of the game, therefore it’s good!”

Look, I understand. It is not them. It’s me; I have standards.

DKs were, nearly exclusively, mind-controlled and warped by being raised into Undeath, so while they’re certainly worthy of some distrust they’re also worth a little pity, most of the time.

DHs and Warlocks are about as ‘ok’ as moral grey has ever gone with Blizz, using the old Fight Fire With Fire. They were still, ultimately, trying to defeat a greater evil, even if their methods could sometimes be on shaky ground.

Eredar/Man’ari were the Greater Evil.
Like, I struggle, especially with Blizzards writing ‘quality’ how they’ll justify it…? They even botched the Night Warrior eyes until they were badgered into some sort of explanation, and even then it was very hit and miss who/why/where.
I have little faith, justifiably so.

3 Likes

The demonic eredar are reborn in the nether right? Are we going to end up with a bunch of draenei who keep dying to be reborn and annoy us to week later?

The Alliance will never lose now that they have an infinite cannon fodder army.

Arrows…in their quiver…

2 Likes

The problem with that mentality is that the people who are usually claiming for it would have to acknowledge they’d have no issue if Harry Potter riding on Fluttershy screaming “It’s Morbin’ Time” while using an RPG Launcher to blow up the cosmic barriers between the major gods and engage in a Battle Royale while flossing.

To go against the spirit of the game and previously established worldbuilding demands a certain boldness and skill to carry out that I cannot fathom in my mind while also expecting the people who pay attention to such to be fine with it and this is me assuming they’ve done so with the best intentions in mind in regards to the story devs. However this has regularly proven to a kind of death by a thousand cuts and seemingly Dragonflight doesn’t escape that cruel fate. The custodians of WoW are the DMs and like any player of a campaign you expect them to be consistent, inventive and true to the original spirit of what even got people to be involved, a duty which they have been repeatedly failing.

There’s a reason why a franchise/universe have rules, it allows people to know what is possible and what isn’t, what is acceptable or not within that world. When the world seems to go against itself frequently and on a scale that is hardly missed, one cannot be surprised that people are pointing that out and are particularly miffed. Moreover your investment in said world is little by little stripped away. When everything is possible, your trust in any future rule or event will not be particularly strong as it can be ignored/denied/downplayed at any moment and it’s not pleasant being on guard against dissapointment for the most part while great successes can’t be fully given into.

Goodwill in Blizzard has run low so I’m not surprised at the reactions.

3 Likes

I have to pipe up everytime this is mentioned, but, DKs are distrusted not just because they are undead. They might be distrusted even more than other types of undead because they have a ‘built-in feature’ called the Eternal Hunger, in which a Death Knight needs to be causing pain / killing on a regular basis or they’ll lose their minds and attack everything in sight until that hunger is sated.

In the eyes of someone who knows their nature IC, understanding their nature doesn’t make them any less scary. If anything, understanding their nature makes the character in question understand that any DK they see has an internal clock that forces them to either have an extremely violent existence or an extremely violent end.

3 Likes

So, I teleported into Kul Tiras and I got a quest to get a free HD gryphon called the Harbor Gryphon :open_mouth:

1 Like

Same, got a mount in the Zandalar place as well!

I can also fly there now, I couldn’t before because I never got the Mechagon rep…

1 Like

SI-7 doing operation paperclip seems on brand in the usual clumsy, amoral fashion of US intelligence operations.

Hey, at least the space race is already done and dusted. Any attempt at a lunar landing would surely upset the barbarians who think it’s divine.

Look to the trading post this autumn.

In fairness “our” demons have been calling them scum since BC and relish their freedom from the dogmatic fel suckers. It’s not that out of line but redeemed eredar would necessarily have to be de-demon’d or they’ll be the equivalent of playable warlock pets.

Kids, kids… you’re both just… awful.

4th ed redesigns and general aesthetics bizzardified dnd, not the other way around and that’s the moment tieflings transformed into draenei. Before that, they could be born with 1d100 demonic deformities ranging from horns to feathers to spider eyes.

Like mustard on fishsticks.

Hear hear!

Eradicate. Eradicate.

At most I can accept a vauge knowledge that bad people go to purgatory to get their sins wrung out rather than superduperhell.

We broke their respawn point so it’s on a long cooldown if not negated entirely when slain in the nether as per standard dnd lore theft.

3 Likes