PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Or, alternatively, they make friends with your regular Slice and Life Warlock Stormwind RPers (bonus points if they are romantically involved) who will then willingly summon and restore them.

It makes me sometimes a bit miffed that we don’t have more advanced RPG mechanics in place. My warlock would use the above premise to sell his services for gold, only to then permanently banish any Eredar that sign a contract with him instead of helping them back to Azeroth.

Of course this will happen. I don’t agree with the usual glib dismissal of “slice of life” stuff but when used in this context we’re just dealing with horrible, horrible roleplayers best avoided.

3 Likes

From what we’ve seen, the Eredar skin doesn’t include green eyes, so, it’s probably the case. Even then, it feels a little weird.

This is quite true. Back in my day, a tiefling just looked kinda like an elf
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/baldursgategame/images/4/4f/Haer%27Dalis_NHAER_Portrait_BG2.png/revision/latest?cb=20180925155705

4e made them all kinda reddy-demon-dudes and then 5e let them spread their skin colours a bit more.
https://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1407/29/1407291205956.jpg

1 Like

5th kind of rolled things back to wide variety weirdness as an alternative, yes.

2 Likes

It’s been stated they still come back, but Argus was the accelerator to them.
But regardless, I’m talking about certain villain types who don’t seem to realise when they should stop coming back after “blasting off again”.

1 Like

Only a Sith deals in absolutes! - Absolutist Darth Kenobi.

Never not funny.

1 Like

I’m just picturing a gigantic waiting room in the Nether, rows upon rows of benches stretching to the green horizon. Defeated once more by plucky adventurers, Eredar Felmistress Valthrexx sits down with the sulkiest of sighs and the queue number 14,739,395. Most in line are chattering imps.

3 Likes

why does the legion not simply go to another timeline and get another Argus soul to accelerate for them

9 Likes

Because Argus was Fel-corrupted… Or Death-corrupted to all other Argusses stopped existing and he was the only one!

1 Like

Why indeed. You’d think the Legion would just pick on the weakest worlds across the multi-timelines but nope, they went straight for that one that will inevitably kill them.

I do wonder if playable “we’re totally not evil, just misunderstood” man’ari are Blizzard’s response to the popularity of tieflings in today’s D&D.

Because I do often keep confusing draenei art and modern tiefling art.

If so it’s incredibly surface level.

Plus they already did that with demon hunters. And Death Knights. And warlocks. And gnomes scratch that last, they are evil.

Do or do not, there is no try…! - Yoda

1 Like

(it gets a lot of milage, but it just works)

4 Likes

The difference is that one has tentacles and the other has a pointy tail.

1 Like

There is no difference between a K’thir and a Draenei.

Redeemed K’thir when?

Alternate void elf skin next expansion when we go to the Void to fight with/against Xal’atath in an expectation subverting betrayal. And Player’s heart is broken again.

1 Like

Forget about redeeming the Eredar or K’thir or whoever, what about redeeming Danuser

People keep saying that and I’m like… are wr looking at the same page???

That same page has green, gold, black and purple eye options too? Alongside 4 new hair colours.

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/1115347.jpg

:hocho: