PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Genuinely don’t understand why they don’t have 2/3 people just slowly making models (armour, weapons and mounts) From Vanilla, TBC, Wrath and Cata HD tbqh.

3 Likes

wow. i did not know this. apparently sylvanas commited more genocide than we thought

she became worse than Arthas. i said it

no she didn’t lmao

not for that reason anyway

2 Likes

taking out people that offer the enemy an advantage of mobility in battle or whatever makes sense

taking them out because they’re helping civilians escape helps me make sense of twitter user @xDarkbansheerangerbelore’s hilarious takes

imagine not deliberately hunting down spellcasters in a war lmao??

4 Likes

yeah it makes sense, kind of like the alliance and those troll kids - imagine not hunting down future combatants in a war lol

spellcasters who are teleporting gilnean children, night elf injured citizens, out of the tree

in a battle, yes take out the healer first. But rememember, sylvanas burned a tree knowing there are civilians inside.

and may i quote sylvanas herself in cataclysm “let the gilneans have their small victory. not even their bones will remain by tomorrow” insisting on a genocide.

Several years of being called the champion/messiah/commander/great and powerful hero. Combine that with many instances of a raid boss in disguise revealing themselves, casting warstomp and stealing the macguffin.

Can you really blame people for being frustrated or rolling their eyes when they’re easily rused or treated like a green know-nothing adventurer on their first day at work.

2 Likes

As the druid and his pack had run up and down the river, attacking those Horde soldiers who tried to push onto the bank, they had been joined by other night elves. The druids had learned that all the Highborne magi were gone. They had helped immeasurably in the early stages, setting aflame so many of the bridges and siege engines, but Sylvanas’s archers—and perhaps the Dark Lady herself—had homed in on them as targets to be eliminated as quickly as possible. And so, there were no magi to melt the ice that had once been a swollen river.

Yes this is exactly the same as killing children.

Blowing up siege weapons is not the same thing as teleporting out civilians, but go-off I guess.

2 Likes

yes, thank you for agreeing

it’s almost like for the longest time every faction in warcraft was trying to wipe out one another and we’re trying to apply real life standards as if this was real life in a fantasy universe that was literally conceived through violence (the light and the void trying to wipe each other out)

i’m as much of a ‘sylvanas eventually became worse than arthas’ person as the next person with a frontal lobe that played through shadowlands, but can we stop trying to suddenly pretend real life morality exists in warcraft and that her killing mages from your favourite fantasy race is the same as killing children?

4 Likes
  1. my favorite fantasy race is pandaren.

2. never compared the two. i said the mages were teleporting civlians out including children. she also burned the tree knowing there are people inside

Sylvanas, and the Horde under her, did a lot of bad stuff, including war crimes!

That doesn’t mean that everything they did was automatically bad and evil. If you’re starting from a position that “killing enemies on the battlefield is as bad as slaughtering children in their homes” then everyone immediately drops from grey morality to darker than black, and the conversation ends. what’s even the point.

5 Likes

i was referring to the other person with that part of the post

sorry, posting through my phone atm

i just want to point out that both horde and alliance have done some bad things. and i can list many crimes on the alliance side as well. Camp tarajo being an example, and the troll children.

im just saying sylvanas was becoming badder than arthas, and the dying night elf sentinel even comented on this “dont you remember?” sylvanas said i remember, as the flashback went to arthas. never understood this. but this falls under shadowlands lore and im not even going to try to understand lmao

returing to discussing the PTR rather than the exact same bits and bobs from the bfa novella’s misery p*rn and what about when the alliance did x discussions that have been regurgitating every time for the past four or so years now, preferably!!

I think the moral conundrum, if we want to call it that, in Sylvanas’ case is that the children in their homes were also her enemies.

Children are the enemies of all, they’re terrible people.

4 Likes

on the topic of teldrassil, i think its ironic we are getting druid of the flame. cant wait to see how that works out. In RP that is

1 Like

Out of sheer curiosity, what would a highborne customization look like? Kinda curious.