PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Oh, this is pretty cool!

1 Like

This has always been lore, I believe. It’s how the Nightmare did so much damage before Cata, if I remember correctly. Anyway, I think it makes sense and it’s nice to see it reaffirmed and expanded upon.

Edit: oh I see you already tackled that in your post!

Indeed! I just really liked that they shed more light on it in concrete terms instead of simply implying it. And druids’ role in dreaming, and the child’s first experience with lucid dreaming being a possible sign of future druidism.

Interestingly the child was, IIRC, a Pandaren.

1 Like

Yeah exactly. My personal headcanon has been that (if you’re skillful enough) one could visit another’s dreams through the Emerald Dream, and communicate that way.

I could see that as a very plausible thing to do. Also the other druids who see the Pandaren child lucidly dreaming in the Emerald Dream are like “Ah, a new one has come to us. Let us make sure this young one’s dream is most pleasant” to make a lasting impression for him to one day pursue.

Which might imply more druid unlocks one day. We already got priests, warlocks and mages. Be cool to see Celestial-inspired Pandaren druid forms! Lucid dreaming by itself isn’t a confirmation that you will become a druid one day, but that you have the potential for it! It’s one factor among many.

3 Likes

I swear that’s been mentioned before.

2 Likes

You have unlocked a new way for Nerathion to give mages nightmares.

They said I cannot attack any mages and whatnot anymore, but they didn’t say anything about dreams!

3 Likes

Now, before you get any funky ideas, don’t forget Arugal was a mage and he could meddle with the dream just fine…

Sounds like an excuse to harass Mages in the Dream even more?

2 Likes

Though Nerathion should start with Horde mages.

1 Like

Gonna become the in-universe legend substitute for Freddy Krueger.

Nightmare on… uhh, Emerald Dream Street?

im bad with names.

2 Likes

Emerald Dreamway.

6 Likes

Taurens are fond of dream catchers. Don’t they want to get visited in their dreams or what’s their use? And why don’t other druidic races not use them? Unless I overlooked them.

There is a night elf in former Dolanaar who sends you on a quest to retrieve his dreamcatcher from the Furbolg.

IIRC https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/The_Emerald_Dreamcatcher_(quest) implies that Dreamcatcher’s “catch” the energy of the Emerald Dream from a person whilst they dream. So they seem more like small, mystic tokens than dream-preventers.

1 Like

I remember that quest specifically being bugged and repeating like a daily. It might be fixed by now. If not, the intercontinental demolishers solved the problem for everyone.

Each morning they take the dreamcatchers off the wall and scrape the dream goop from the threads, boiling it into a tea for a deeper sleep and more lucid dreams.

1 Like

opinion on the night elf heritage quest:

Spoilers

really love that night elf mages were given recognition, but the quest seems a bit lacking in terms of night elf history. i dunno

2 Likes

Yeah, it wasn’t bad, but comparing it to say the Orc and Human ones left me somewhat disappointed :confused:

Rating heritage quests, objectively.
S(uper) Tier: Orc, Human (with the follow up added in a later patch, otherwise Acceptable)
A(cceptable) Tier: Gnome, Dwarf, Forsaken, Blood Elf
B(land) Tier: Goblin, Night Elf.
C(rap) Tier: Worgen, Tauren

11 Likes

it is known