PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 2)

I personally think it’s best to put more weight on a very matter-of-fact statement than an assumption, but you do you.

Every other final patch has made it very clear that it’s the end of the story, this one isn’t, that’s all I’ll argue on the matter.

We got an additional patch and season in Shadowlands too and it was the Fated raids and story quests as an epilogue to the expansion’s story. That statement is just vague tbh.

A) Blizz are big liars, can’t trust 'em as far as you can throw 'em.
and B) That could still mean it’s just a 10.2.5 story patch to wrap up, rather than any significant content.

3 Likes

Normally yes but with Blizzard less so.

Exactly

There can be multiple explanation for why this isn´t the case:

For one, expansions that end with .2 patch have a terrible rep among players, meaning Blizzard will be less willing to openly say this is the final big patch until the reveal of next expansion on Blizzcon, where the news might overshadow it.

Secondly, the story may not be ending in this patch despite it being the final raid. There could still be continuation and further development in 10.2.5 and even 10.2.7 wrapping up the story.

Thirdly, they could just be waiting with it for after the release, as they have recently started adopting more of a secretive stance when it comes to revealing things, to the point of preventing datamining in some cases. And it´s not like it´s some crucial information at this point anyway.

Overwatch 2 will have PvE.

Will be remembered as the biggest Blizzard lie ever.

3 Likes

With most leaks the worst seeming one is always the true. That was the case for when WoD got leaked, and when Shadowlands got leaked.

Don’t remember Legion or BfA getting leaked that way though.

But I do distinctly remember the immeasurable disappointment when I saw WoD and Shadowlands get confirmed. 'Of all the leaks, why these ones? :sob:

Leak season has always been a time where it’s best to just ignore them. Speculations and wish-fulfilments are fine and all, the exercise just gets tedious and as said above, it’s often the least likely and more silly sounding one that ends up gracing us.

Didn’t Legion get “leaked” via some random asset drop like the Iron Horde stuff? I swear we had something in the game files before they announced Legion.

Either way whichever thing leaked Legion I wasn’t completely opposed to it like I was towards WoD and Shadowlands (especially when they were compared to the better-sounding leaks).

To be fair nothing in Shadowlands looked like the concept art either. It still just looks like Skywall.

11 Likes

True. Not the Jailer, not the Primus. It’s like the worldbuilding was done on the fly, constantly undergoing revisions, and wasn’t locked in when the in-game models and terrain were being made.

9 Likes

Blizzard pitching an expansion and doing a 180 degree turn on it?

No…

21 Likes

Literally unheard of…

2 Likes

Bastion would’a been cooler were it golden sand dunes and glass spires.

Obvious and true.

1 Like
3 Likes

It does look beautiful, even if I am pissed off the Emerald Dream is put into a single patch…

1 Like

As sure as Days end in Y, in the comments “Maybe someday they’ll pUt ThE WaR bAck iN-”

Willing ancient curses to manifest and make these people fingers drop off

I doubt that’s the last we’ll see of it but while it could have been an entire expansion of its own with some BS thingamagigg like the Everbloom thingy having snuck its way into the Dream, they decided to just give you Val’sharah+ when the dream is supposed to be various biomes unaffected by mortal influence meaning you could even witness Proto-Azeroth before sundering…

But no, you only get a patch’s worth.

2 Likes

Say that to the Nazjatar and Black Empire patches which could’ve been entire expacs exploring the seas and dumpster diving Titan prisons/facilities/Nya’lotha

2 Likes