PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 2)

They’re gonna pull a Mt. Hyjal and have it in a never ending state of being assaulted by the evil gang… Mark my words!

4 Likes

Wait, how did all these night elf civilians travel to the Emerald Dream before it was opened to us adventurers? Isn’t that something that only druids can do?

Does that imply it’s something our RP characters can do, right now?

Most likely. I fully expect that like most lore developments, Amirdrassil moving out of the Emerald Dream would be mentioned in a book (or worse, in passing by a developer) and never seen in-game. It wouldn’t give players content to do, so why bother?

5 Likes

Can’t they enter the Dream through the Portals, or did they go dormant?

I forgot but I remember something about that being the case, but also who knows since they never update the world to reflect actual lore. (In this case, it’d be actively inconveniencing the player anyway.)

2 Likes

In-game, the Dream portals can only be entered by druids, and I don’t remember any non-druids ever using them in lore.

1 Like

I thought the lore justification for why only druids can enter it is that the Dream is like, hard to navigate for non-Druids.

(source: basically just trust me bro it’s totally not headcanon, especially since that apparently doesn’t seem to be a problem for the non-druids in the patch anyway)

1 Like

Much like in Oribos it’s weird to see normal NPC’s be tourists in places they don’t belong. So any rando can just travel to the Dragon Isle and walk into the Emerald Dream?

3 Likes

I definitely remember reading this somewhere, though I’m not sure if it was Blizzard lore or RPG lore. I can’t find the source, however. Maybe it was Stormrage? It was a long, long time since I read it.

At any rate, I expect this to be ignored by 10.2, since apparently any random joe shmoe can traverse the Dream now and not get lost. Nothing can be special and mysterious for too long.

2 Likes

Time for goblins to set up some plunder-posts in the Emerald Dream now that you can just wander in. Unlimited natural resources, ripe for the taking!

4 Likes

The last thing we need is red/deep bronze skinned Night Elves like the Druids of the Flame on the Dragon isles :roll_eyes:
I can hear it from the alternate future now “if red skinned Kaldorei are allowed to roam in the cities, Red Eredar why not?”

*shiver *

1 Like

Not to mention any of the Emerald Dream portals in Azeroth aren’t protected anymore since we killed all the dragon keepers a long long time ago.

We don’t talk about that !
Nor about how we offed most of the Titanic Keepers and Sentinels and Watchers like Ironaya or Archaedas

This is IC headcanon lore in my case, but the person saying was a bit lorenut so I dunno haha lol.

Maybe there’ll be some special trinket that lets normies traverse Dream without a problem?

1 Like

Murderhobos want the loot, dragons hoard the loot, murderhobos murder dragons for their loot.

That’s a dragon’s problem right there.

I’ll put it down to the Green Dragons and spirits in Amirdrassil guiding the people to be near their tree home…
Yeah, that works. It’s that.

1 Like

Regular people get lost in the mists and are taken by the fair folk, fattened for the midsummer feast.

1 Like

I’m glad that we’re likely to get the ability to play an actual Druid of the Flame. Fandral was always my favourite of the prominent Night Elf characters and I think he was done dirty being hit by the ‘lol corruption’ bat.

I think they’ll be a very cool addition to Night Elf society moving forward.

2 Likes

I’ll lop em in the same boat as Darkfallen; NE’s who lost their way and deserve to be punished, severely, for what they did to the Night Elves :smirk:

As for the Night Elves being in the Dream, at Amirdrassil, personally I do not have much of a gripe with it. Aslong as it stays with NEs(and/or Taurens), because they are a race already so attuned with the natural World, I doubt most of them will disturb the peace of the Dream.

1 Like

He doesn’t know about the whole squad of forsaken that pop up there really easily also

1 Like

He lacks the required information

1 Like

Oh you mean the Dark Rangers led by Delaryn?

Ehh, yea… probably something something we’re friends now so lets allow the forsaken corrupt the Dream with their unnatural presence or something :weary:

Probably allowed now because the Tree is 50% life/50% death, 100% for the Dragons

1 Like