PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 2)

And Lillian Voss and a bunch of others. All in all, non-DF factions seem pretty involved with it.

As much as the vibe might be dissonant, which I fully agree with, the whole armistice / tenuous peace between the factions would make much more sense with stuff like this, considering that it’s more of a logical reaction to uphold the truce if the Horde, especially the Forsaken, have actually done something to actively mend the wounds of the Fourth War, and viceversa.

It’s not a vibe or story arc I am entirely on board with, as I do not personally care too much about the Primalists as a threat for it to be something that the Alliance and Horde should bond over in defeating them, but it is a start towards a plot where the reason as to why the factions are peaceful between each other isn’t ‘they just are’.

Hopefully they make the stakes at play and the threats present a little more relevant to literally anything except green dragons, night elves, and druids.

3 Likes

While I agree with you, there’s so many cool additions to night elf lore that still remain unused its just… ugh!

2 Likes

fat Chickens rejoice!

1 Like

Now we just need new Night Elf animations/idles… -sigh- I can dream.

6 Likes

I do love to shoot my headache towards the enemy when I cast, ngl…

5 Likes

Alternative nod, clap and cheer animations, please. And let us toggle the idle bounce off.

8 Likes

Peak shadowpriest, though.

3 Likes

Toggling idle animations on your character should be for everyone. Noteworthy examples for female characters especially include the night elf bounce, human yawning, undead waist twist, orc rotator cuff injury and the bloody worgen sniff.

3 Likes

I do hate the fempanda idle animation.

We should just be allowed to switch to animations of different races if that would be possible.

WoW continues to be literal decades behind on Idle animations, its kinda staggering…

1 Like

sorry we don’t have the animation to be staggered, best I can do is stunned.

3 Likes

Now we have a ping quickwheel it’s not too farfetched to imagine a gesture wheel at some point.

I’d rather they just expanded the emote command list. There’s so many good NPC ones that would work fine for players :frowning:

2 Likes

10.2 shows different people/children “dreaming” in the sort of “gathering place” of the Dream which is Ysera’s Eye and they’re aware that they’re in some sort of different plane and that it is supposedly a sign of closeness to nature/Druidism but as for actual people I can only assume that:

A) They went through the main dream portal in the Ohn’aran plains which takes you directly to Ysera’s Eye and is open (the most likely option I imagine)
or
B) They went through the different dream portals and ended up in the dreamway and were led to Ysera’s Eye to help defend it.

As far as I know, nothing has ever stopped anyone from entering Dream portals, which is why they used to be guarded by various elite mobs in Vanilla-WotLK its just that most people who aren’t attuned to nature/druidism don’t usually have a reason to even bother going through them.

There’s still things inside guarding it, like the dryads, who’d likely eject threats quite quickly

That too. I imagine as long as you’re vaguely friendly and not holding 20 lit torches behind your back the Dream isn’t going to instantly strangulate you.

2 Likes

We had an entire raid inside the Emerald Dream + Nightmare already 6 - 7 years ago, too.

1 Like

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/582505402143604737/1155535750922776726/image.png

I’m starting to develop a god damn aneurysm understanding how the hell Blizzard is trying to write the perspective of the Titans in this expansion. These lines are from Nymue, the guardian in the Emerald Dream 10.2 Raid that helps weave the cycle of the dream and nature.

So why the hell is a being that is a tree, that changes 4 times a year to fit the season, screeching about disorder and not changing? Is it stupid? Is it aware that the entire Emerald Dream is a realm of neverending changing nature wherein Druids go to also learn how to change and shift their shape? Ardenweald is tied to the Dream and seems to be on friendly terms with it and also allows people to change, and continues the cycle.

This gets even worse when you realise that Freya and Eonar helped create entire zones in Azeroth where nature evolves and changes nigh-constantly. Nature is by definition chaotic and changing, it cannot be unchanging, that is simply impossible by the sheer fact of nature’s existence as a universal force it is antithesis to everything that nature is.

I- I- I need a drink.

9 Likes