PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 2)

There’s a sickness at the heart of druid RP…

7 Likes

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/336588653872807946/1155806647134978119/F60XIq_bIAA6r3z.png?width=486&height=484
they’re just like me fr!!!

Boring, you mean?

No, majestic and patronising in equal measure.

I’m yet to see this side of you.

Caelius funded this post.

Okay. So game-mechanically, the Emerald Dream is listed under the Dragon Isles menu, in the same way as Argus is under the Broken Isles menu.

But it’s not part of the main continent map. It’s a separate instance that copies the geography of that empty spot west of Ohn’aran Plains, with a new landmass instead of the sea.

But the icon for an Emerald Dream world event is displayed on the main Dragon Isles map where the new zone would be.

Hmmmmmm.

3 Likes

Interesting.

You can also see the current end of the landmass of Ohn’aran Plains inside the Emerald Dream map. It’s likely done on purpose, and I would not be surprised if the World Tree appears in the overworld, especially considering how the entirety of the Dragon Isles’ sea floor is detailed to the point of having out of bounds secrets like the crab island south of Azure Span, with the exception of that hole right next to Ohn’aran Plains.

Just a zone waiting to happen for a good while now. Now to see if it’ll be another Farahlon…

3 Likes

I am fine with important characters using the ingame model, also used by players!

Anduin, Wrathion, Alexstrasza, Malfurion, Illidan, Calia, Sylvanas, Derek, Nathanos, etc look(ed) nothing like the respective races/classes they led, and I think thats weird if you’re supposed to connect with them as your respective (class) leaders!

Plus they can now make the player races look pretty awesome with the right clothing and unobtainable items aswell, so I don’t see a reason to gove characters like Anduin, Sylvanas and Saurfang a zillion different models every patch😩

4 Likes

I am glad the Sentinels of the New Moon are made up of men as well as women.
And the Dream… Its pretty!

Goldrinn says the paths are still hard to navigate.

Hm, Lady Moonberry is at Amirdrassil.

1 Like

What? I mean I like her but still… What?

3 Likes

I mean, the tree is of Ardenweald origin, so it makes sense that some Ardenweald denizens are there.

2 Likes

Yeah she’s a quest giver, but not a main story one… Well not from what I’ve done so far.

Also, you can’t freely wander the Dream, if you go too far from the area near the tree, your mind gets clouded… So I’m assuming the Dream is still too confusing to normals.

Oh that’s nice, so the potentially-headcanon lore I had in my mind is kinda-sorta still… valid! (@Lintian)

3 Likes

Coupled with what Goldrinn said, I’d assume so.

I’d have assumed it was hard to follow for the uninitiated anyway, or people would be jumping in all the time.

2 Likes

Can you throw links for what Goldrinn said and so on? Is it Wowhead? I checked Wowhead news and didn’t see much new about it for now.

He says the paths are still hard to navigate when you first go to find him.
I’ll do it again on my druid later.

1 Like

And the tree from far away (it’s pretty big!)

Somnikus also mentions treading carefully due to secret and ancient magics.

Aaaaand all entries into the Dream were being guarded, but the Flame heads managed to gain other entry.

3 Likes