PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Isn’t Azeroth literally named after a Lovecraftian creature?

Wowpedia gives us

While the inspiration for the name “Azeroth” has never been stated, it could be derived from the planet Azarath of the DC Universe, a world which was also coveted by a demon lord, and/or Azathoth from the Cthulhu Mythos, an Outer God and plane that imagines reality.

Could also just be a coincidence.

Fair enough, personally I don’t really mind the name references aslong as they avoid references like CSI: Westfall, Rambo: Orcblood or Harrison Ford: Uldum

2 Likes

Turns out the real Old Gods were us all along!

What bothers me the most about Avaloren is that it sounds like someone trying to remember the name of Athel Loren from Warhammer.

2 Likes

Thank Elune!

2 Likes

No more free pumpkins. And just in time for hallow’s end…

2 Likes

Honestly seeing the Heroic Edition Preorder: Algarian Stormrider has soured my hopes a lot on the next expansion. I really, really, really do not want yet another “mysterious island shrouded by magical mcguffin that kept it hidden until an extremely convenient point in time”, we’ve had that four times in the last. . .6 years.

The idea that it’ll be Khaz Algar and Avaloren filled with Titan Void Heretics who we will make friends with whilst finding out the Void was actually the good guy for wanting to destroy the entire universe all along makes me even more sour. I pray this is just an old preorder code string that was dismissed months ago.

7 Likes

Correct. Freedom, agency and endless possbilities! Sanity is just a social construct anyway.

3 Likes

Born to poo, forced to wipe.

4 Likes

A dwarf city as big as Suramar or Boralus would be an awesome thing to explore.

4 Likes

What? I don’t get it.

1 Like

This gave me so much Alpharius vibes that I scowled. Yeah let’s side with the eldritch being whose mere presence is enough to drive people mad, whose very body sires creatures as unholy and abhorous as them with a baked in hatred for anything not Aqir… I’m sure it’s just like the Naaru when they turn void state, this dead old god just did the same and ushered in a safe and secure society.

Doomposting aside, we’ll get some cooler Dwarf aesthetics since Blizzard abhors the idea of updating Ironforge and SW to modern levels. I’m glad that the stunties are getti- oh… Oh…

2 Likes

Born to drink, forced to piss.

2 Likes

Orderbros got us all pinned down :pensive:

2 Likes

That’s not the same.
It’ll be more, born to piss, forced to shake.

1 Like

I refuse to shake out of puritan values.

1 Like

2 shakes is fine. 3 and you’re just playing at that point.

You guys sure have a lot of rules about how to handle your dingaling after a draining.

We live in a society.

2 Likes