PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 2)

It just used to take more effort and it shows.

It’s always a naked worgen.

1 Like

Nowadays you just pop open dalle 3 and put in world of warcraft expansion logo blurry and generate a few times til something pops :pensive:

Put that thing back where it came from, or so help me…

5 Likes

It is both Six and Seven.

1 Like

It gets worse, and I am shamelessly stealing from the US forums for this;

G’Hanir was named Elun’ahir, named after Eonar’s great love, Elune apparently?

Wild Gods emerged to protect the Roots of G’hanir/Elun’adir, which are still spread throughout Azeroth… And here I was thinking G’hanir used to be placed within the Emerald Dream, instead of Azeroth proper

Somebody, please stop this😩

1 Like

It’s all a matter of framing.

“The Titans didn’t create the Emerald Dream, they just discovered it and sought to tamper with it so it aligned with their ideals” is an intriguing revelation that could lead to interesting developments.

“The Order-aligned faction used Order magic to try and make the Life-aligned plane more aligned with Order than Life” is sterile and dull and just boils down the different parts of the setting into different colours of magic.

9 Likes

If the Hearthstone team can put the Jailer in jail for crimes against the meta, can we put Danuser in jail for crimes against the lore?

9 Likes

Order magic?

Heroes of Might and Magic 4 bros… are we back?

1 Like

Elune continues to get owned by retcons. She’s a life goddess (apparently), but didn’t actually do anything to Azeroth herself, just handing off G’hanir (which was no longer grown by Freya) to Eonar to do it in her place.

Then when Aman’thul tore it up she also did nothing, no retribution or anything.

Then when Eonar, her great love, and the other Titans got owned by Sargeras, she also did nothing, instead finally turning up to Azeroth and immediately getting with Malorne instead.

No wonder she let the NElves die at Teldrassil. Lazy goddess was probably watching GodTV and couldn’t be bothered to get off the sofa.

5 Likes

HoMM4 was never back, Homm 2, 3, and 5 or bust.

shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up

starshade’s law isn’t real starshade’s law isn’t real starshade’s law isn’t real starshade’s law isn’t real

8 Likes

Such a mainstream opinion. HoMM 4 in the under appreciated masterpiece. Hero’s fighting alongside their troops? Epic. But then granted everything else is better in 3.

HoMM4 being appreciated is the mainstream opinion, 5 is the underappreciated masterpiece imo.

The 3D cities were the peak of gaming. Alas, it started and ended with 5. :pensive: :fist:

Sylvan town to date is the only time I’ve gotten my wish for a fully-realized elves-living-on-a-large-tree type of city actually granted. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IulxW1pCbEM

[turns music up by 200000%]

I fondly remember HOMM 4. The vanilla campaigns were easily the best writing in the franchise. Then the writer was laid off and we got the travesty that was the expansions.

I like the gameplay of 5, but the story is so laughable (though according to Nival, it’s a consequence of Ubisoft constantly changing the setting mid-development, forcing them to throw away already rendered assets and voiced cutscenes).

https://heroesinanutshell.blogspot.com/

2 Likes

You mean you didn’t appreciate the Barbarian Mongo and Crazy Wizard King Spazz Maticus?

3 Likes

My favorite is Erutan Revol. Second laziest elven name in the history of fantasy after Melf.

3 Likes

Frankly I was too young to actually understand what was being said, so all I saw was ‘wow pog these guys are fighting demons in a pretty cinematic!’ + the title screen with the inquisitor fighting the devil battle thing.

That, and well, we’re playing WoW. Can we really judge corny story at all? (FWIW I never played campaigns as every campaign in every game has bored me.)

1 Like

I have to admit I started quite enjoying the setting eventually - especially with Dark Messiah adding to it as well. It’s a shame we never got more games in that vein

For me it was Rampart. Something special about that place.

…I feel old now.

(I was 19 when HOMM 5 came out)

I don’t remember when I played it (or when my brother pirated the HoMM series), but I must’ve been around 10 or so. So I had a rudimentary understanding of English, enough to understand objectives but not enough to pay attention to the story.

Probably why HoMM5 is my favourite game in that case, as I never followed any of the story and instead lost myself in all the pretty visuals and music. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
(Probably why I managed to enjoy Warcraft’s Night Elves too.)

2 Likes

Let me play you the song of my people