PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 2)

This morally grey mystery box ambiguity brainrot writing is just depressing.

5 Likes

The Black Empire had more than madness, faceless ones and aqir swarms to it. Kypari trees are among the very few species that survived the Titanic cleansing, for one, while Nerub and Mantid have memories, if not records of those times. And neither seem entirely corrupt when we meet them.

They became less corrupted after the Black Empire fell and they evolved into their own species, before that they were mindless, all-consuming Silithid and Aqir that tried to devour every sentient on Azeroth.

Thanks to the Titans, and later the trolls, other species and races got a change to exist.

Saying that the Black Empire couldn’t be as bad as portrayed because “well this tree species existed back then” makes absolutely no sense.

2 Likes

First: All historical records documenting the advancements of the Black Empire are to be purged.

Paint that age as one of chaos and misery, a pernicious blight that we keepers eradicated. With the Old Gods locked in confinement, there should be no evidence available to contradict our assertions.

Surely if you care for these mortals, you would not wish to see them led astray into darkness.

What do you think the “advancements of the Black Empire” were?

Actual civilizations of aqir-based races. The cycle of the mantid and their current order aside from the Paragons might well have existed long before the Titans, and Yogg-Saron’s nerubians have built a rather specific society of its own. Both are alternatives to the static hierarchy of Titan watchers, and thus both were deemed to purge.

Hopefully we will never ever find out since any relic or written record of the Old Gods seems to be a combination of the Lament Configuration, Event Horizon, John Carpenter’s The Thing and the Markers from Dead Space.

3 Likes

Both were build after the Dark Empire was destroyed and the trolls destroyed any C’thraxxi that they could.

If it were up to the Black Empire the Nerubians and Mantid would not exist and would still be good little, mindless, Silithid and Aqir slaves.

16.000 years ago the Trolls and a resurgent Aqiri Empire had apparently been fighting for thousands of years already, eventually the trolls smashed the Azj’Aqir Empire and it’s survivors split and spread to Silithus, Northrend and Pandaria with the Aqiri in Northrend becoming the Nerubians and the Aqiri in Pandaria becoming the Mantid.

1 Like

Achievements of the Black Empire:

The n’raqi, or “faceless ones”, acted as taskmasters, employing the insectoid aqir to build massive citadels and temples around the massive bulks of their Old God masters.

Massive sacrifices and living buildings filled with void energy were some of the distinguishing features of this shadowy domain.

Ultimately, however, the elementals could not stand against the endless swarms of n’raqi and aqir, and the Old Gods eventually succeeded in enslaving the Elemental Lords.

Perpetual twilight descended upon Azeroth, and the world spiraled into an abyss of death and suffering.

To the titans’ horror, a great wound was left in Y’Shaarj’s wake, and the world-soul’s arcane lifeblood erupted from the scar to roil out across the world. The Pantheon realized that the Old Gods had burrowed far deeper into the surface than anticipated, and they could not risk excising the remaining three Old Ones, lest Azeroth be completely destroyed.

But we’re totally misunderstanding them!

1 Like

“How I Stopped Worrying and Learned to Love the Tentacles”

A timeless epic.

5 Likes

Please stop stealing ideas from Japanese Isekai…

I’m late to the Elun’ahir dumbassery but all I can add to it is that it so blindingly utterly unfathomably stupid that I now fully understand why Danuser’s entire career is mired in catastrophic failure after catastrophic failure, every franchise he has touched died 2 years after his stewardship of it and I now no longer need ask myself why, because the answer is that he has no care or desire to stick to what was written about for decades, he will deconstruct and destroy everything for his own end.

These people do not deserve their jobs or to continue the legacy of WoW and Azeroth, they have no respect for the setting or desire to adhere to its creator’s vision or wishes. I wish them all the best elsewhere in life, but they must all be fired immediately, this Elun’Ahir lore is so utterly destructive to the mysticism and 20-year foundation of this setting.

Not to mention the kind of extremely weird behaviour to retcon Eonar from being Aman’Thul’s Consort to Elune’s Mistress, I think changing character’s existing sexualities and relationships like that for your own (very obvious) ends, is incredibly warranting of severe disciplinary action.

7 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I had no idea both of these were even canon or a thing until you mentioned it. Is it some new lore that dropped in PTR? I left all WoW related discord servers so I’m not getting the Wowhead news anymore.

1 Like

You know what? Make it infinite dragonflight

Even back in the RPG Eonar was the Consort of Aman’Thul, it has been that way since forever. Why they’ve suddenly made them hate each other and turned Eonar Lesbian for Elune is utterly beyond me, I don’t know why they did it, but it reads incredibly weirdly and quite frankly, highly inappropriately because it makes it look like Aman’Thul and her were in some kind of weird quasi-abusive relationship so she ditched him for Elune when this has never ever been the case and the Titans as a whole worked together seeding life and light in the planets they shaped.

I’m so exhausted.

5 Likes

Oh, if it goes that far back then yeah I would not be aware of it. At least they didn’t go the way of the Greek Gods with Zeus and Hera being… Ehem, something, something GoT like.

A lot of creators these days are using franchises as a means for ‘therapy’ and I’m using this word lightly for I can’t think of another one on top of my mind. I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if the current leadership team was doing exactly that as well.

Sargeras scoured the dark beyond to spite his da- Aman’thul in an act of teenage rebellion. It’s canon now.

I’m so tired bros. Who in Blizzard isn’t getting the message that people don’t want this, are they confined to a god damn echo chamber?

2 Likes

Pandering.

I have even more terrible news for everyone, they have retconned the entire Emerald Dream.

https://twitter.com/Portergauge/status/1709426595369529803 Please share my suffering.

Azeroth

was

A Zereth

Haha. . .aha. . .ahahah. . .oh my sweet merciful god please release me from my suffering.

1 Like

I was bloody joking about Azeroth being a future mistranslation of “A Zereth”

FFS! JESUS BLOODY CHRIST! WHY?!

I wish for the day to come when my pain ends. There’s no way I’m still living in reality, this has to be a dream.