PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Ok, Distant, I respect you but literally no one said that and making it out to be that is just dishonest.

The only confirmed frisky Elune got was with Malorne because they loved eachother. So don’t know where that comes from either.

Anyway, it is what Mordi said, afaik the only mention of Aman’thul and Eonar bieng Consorts was RPG lore and while I always assumed the same, it won’t really bother me IRL, or my characters IC.

Only weird thing about is that someone from the Pantheon of Order shacks up with someone from the Pantheon of Life… does that mean the various Pantheon’s aren’t as hardwired as we assumed and why didn’t Sargy ask the Pantheon of Fel for help with his Burning Crusade then?

Also, from what we know about Aman’thul from both ingame and in-Lore him going on an Odyn-esque rant about G’hanir seems very out of character as he’s always been depicted as a patient and wise leader that allowed the Titanforged and the Titans to work with Life and Light creatures. :thinking:

1 Like

The word was used.
And it wasn’t initially me who mentioned it. And when a lesbian couple is mentioned and the word pandering comes up, gotta go with that - besides being slightly facetious.

8 Likes

Well, it’s… kinda fitting with the themes of Dragonflight and how anti-Titan some Dragons seem to be, no?

No, but I’d also not really make it out to be as some sort of hard-set relationship. You’ve known them to be together for the last 20 years of real life time, since nothing has been said about it. Until supposedly now. I also don’t see the problem with this? Relationships change in real life, relationships can change in game. It’s hardly anything retcon-y and we don’t even know if those deities are monogamous in that sense. I wouldn’t really ascribe our own human ideas on the deities.

What do you think the pandering comment meant then? Come on now…

1 Like

None of the Dragons besides the Primalists/Vyranoth are anything that could be regarded as “Anti-Titan” I would argue from all the story I’ve seen from 10.0-10.1.7 thus far. Vyranoth is very anti-titan but she’s also the crazy evil ice queen so that’s not really surprising given her modus operandi is to tear the world down and build it anew.

It was hard-set for 20 years with no mention of any other dynamic, but you are correct that relationships change, that isn’t really the problem, my frustration comes largely from how it paints Aman’Thul in a (probably unintended) manipulative, quasi-abusive relationship subtext due to the fact that the book states Eonar was also with Elune and Aman’Thul upsets Eonar and also tears out a world tree gift given to Eonar by Elune and planted on Azeroth. I just don’t really understand what the need for that part was, it seems needlessly maliciously written.

True enough when viewed with a modern lens but Gods tend to be written and comprehended by Humans for Humans so their characteristics are almost entirely Human usually but I get what you mean.

Yeah and well… now you have one who isn’t (supposedly?) a Primalist/Vyranoth. It also makes sense for there to be less extreme sides, and tinfoil-hat-time: that green dragon is totally an insider from Primalists trying to slander the Titans! (They’re homophobic, which is why they think a wlw pairing is slander :shushing_face: )

That’d also well… fit your next point about

This is the first time I’ve ever heard it mentioned.

I think peeps are having a fairly off topic argument over a molehill.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/888832844057681940/1159251839317979196/F7jcOrHaMAAuQaw.png

1 Like

This would not be a surprise.

1 Like

Gilgoblin customisations for Goblins, when?

1 Like

From a Titan who decided what Time Line will be the main, forcing certain Fate to everyone (dooming many in the process, including but not limited to leader of almost every dragonflights) and made a Time Police (way before the themes multiverse, alternate timelines and such organizations became cool) to enforce his vision so what he decided WILL happen, no mattter what?
Not even surprising

Don’t forget, the very - very very - early and now retconned lore the Stag was running from the Tauren, his antlers got tangled in the fabric of the night sky, he was trapped and Elune… mated with him against his will
On second thought, some things are better retconned or forgotten
Not everyone is a powercouple like Zaetar and princes Theradras was… :roll_eyes:

Pftsh, everyone knows that Malorne and Elune are the ones together.

And unlike this new supposed relationship, that one has proof of the deed.

I wonder when it will turns out to be ture, Velen was right and Elune is indeed a Naaru, E’luune :eyes:

Fortunately, there are lots of really dumb things in it. Were RPG released today, it would get similar “it’s so over” reactions as some of the new lore does.

6 Likes

Something to be said of how researching religious history was curated for centuries with threats of beheading.

Don’t make a lore bible if you’re just going to relativise it and maintain deniable ambiguity about the big things while also plopping down the shape of the afterlife as set in stone by the ancients.

But we’ve only ever seen the tentacle laden black citadels of the old gods and not the utopia beyond them! Around the thrones of gods grow gardens…

Pff. You just can’t read it with your eyes. Also, any dangers to mind and soul are readily mitigated by delegating the translation efforts.

You saw this coming!

I, too have been correct about the exact direction and phrasing of lore developments. Share in my madness, brother for all we can is to bear it.

Neat, huh? Dies irae’s also haunts the heroes 3 necropolis theme.

5 Likes

Gag yoh’ghyl og hoq uul’gwa…gag Ez yyqzz huqth.

4 Likes

What the–

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/The_White_Stag_and_the_Moon

…Oh.

Oh.

I never read that one in detail. Wow.

— Hey Elune, my antlers are stuck in the stars, can you release me?
— Sure, but only if you let me **** you first

4 Likes

Ah, looking back up, you’re right.

I admit I still think the reaction was frustration because it was thought that a well-established relationship (Aman’thul+Eonar) was retconned out of existence, and Aman’thul was made abusive, for the new one and not because Eonar might now be a lesbian (which is still up in the air and it might aswell be someone’s in-universe fanfiction).

Thats how I interpret it anyway, so I’m (probably) wrong :dracthyr_shrug:

Frikkin finally! Hell yeah! A win for the goblins!

Now where’s my leper gnome customisations!?!?!?

Or frostborn and Earthen dwarf customisations!?!?

Eh, it’s just a tauren myth and we know the tauren in general are wrong about a lot of things (the first druid, Elune and Malorne’s love, stuff like that).

Yf’nn, zuh’vash. Yaghyn vysj glaakth zyzyx.

5 Likes

Yes, I’m just surprised to see something like that in a T-rated game, and written about a deity that’s not even supposed to be evil.

1 Like

yo what the hell

7 Likes