PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 2)

love the stormrage brothers, ngl

damn am i about to be a night elf again after all these years

3 Likes

Man gets bullied about playing a tauren once

10 Likes

look i can’t handle the pressure of my chosen race now being cancelled for something we wrote about elune generations ago

i’m out

4 Likes

I think we should stop focusing on that line and look more at this one

I assume they didn’t want mortals to accidently or intentionally learn about the old gods and worship them so they started a massive propaganda war to censor their existence.

A new in-universe unreliable narrator “retcons” Aman’thul’s and Eonar’s relationship (insofar we’ve had no confirmation or denial of it outside of the RPG), Aman’thul had an Odyn-esque tantrum and pulled the first Azerothian World Tree from the planet and makes Eonar cry bitter tears because a Titan of the Pantheon of Order planted a World Tree that was a gift from her true love from the Pantheon of Life :dracthyr_shrug:

Starting to think maybe Odyn was right bros. First 4 of the Dragon Aspects get corrupted and try to blow up the world, then Deathwing throws a tantrum and tries to destroy the world and also created the Demon Soul, then Wrathion goes about creating an inter-timeline war that takes place over 2 planets and leaves both reeling from the destruction and casualties and had a hand (in a way) to play with the Legion’s return.

Now we have primalist Dragons threatening to blow up the world if they don’t get it their way and we’re having to deal with the corrupted aspects cycle all over again.

Maybe Odyn wasn’t wrong.

2 Likes

That’s what I have been saying.
Dude was right about the dragons.

Question, because I am not sure
Have the many wrongs of the aspects outweighed the good they have done for the world of azeroth?
I am not so sure.

What have they actually done?

Given the next expansion’s probable theme of us breaking storms we will likely have to beat him up along with his allies in favor of the dysfunctional aspects and their minions.

Dragonhunting/Dragonslaying should have been a new recognized profession with the launch of Dragonflight for the upstanding denizens of Azeroth that don’t want to assist the dragonflights.

On the world saving scale that actually left an impact?
they helped us against deathwing.
was probably useful in parts of the first legion invasion

I struggle to come up with anymore another mortal non dragonic character couldn’t have done.

Its always a valid profession. :dracthyr_uwu: :axe:

Eternally seething I’m forced to randomly be okay with evil scheming vyranoth joining us and also help her beat up Odyn (whilst calling her my lady) and I don’t even get the choice to remind her that’s she’s a mass-murderous sociopath who only became not-okay with the Primalists because of Fyrakk going too crazy.

Hard-carried by Thrall fr fr.

This one’s fair.

1 Like

You could probably argue some of their individual actions were impactful
like Alex ressing Bolvar, who took the lich king throne instead of Fordring.
although considering how poorly he performed and how much of a wet fart the entire scourge invasion turned out to be in shadowlands its arguable if it was impactful at all.

Or kalec talking down jaina from drowing Ogrimmar, which you could argue was good, but on the other hand she could have ended all the garrosh nonsense we got in pandaria and onwards.
he was also present at the sunwell when we cleansed it because they had captured a girl who was really the power of the sunwell polymorphed into a human girl with fake memories or something.

I guess ysera played a minor role in defending hyjal against the twlight cult.
and probably did some fightin in the dream against the corruption.
but I don’t know.

1 Like

We don’t talk about the dragon loving the human personification of a magic well of power.

4 Likes

i was going through my weeb phase when they released the wow manga, loved it.

not so much in retrospect

1 Like

The blood elf story arc was inevitable and i could probably write a few paragraphs on that. It just shouldn’t have been wrapped up (in part) by Anveena or by the end of TBC.

1 Like

human potential strikes again, somehow without even being a human

8 Likes

there’s a lot to say about how the last burning crusade patch destroyed the blood elves as a race, but we don’t need to rehash it here

they’re basically worthless now

i did like the manga for introducing kalec as a new character. i’ve always liked him and glad he’s gained more relevance as time has gone on

Excuse me sweaty, there was always a clear line between Silvermoon and Kael’s expedition. I’m tired of pretending there isn’t. :nail_care:

Kael’thas did nothing wrong.

1 Like

TBC was a waste. Even if i’ve come to appreciate Lor’themar more, which is probably a hot take.