PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 2)

My main man Mordent Evenshade showing up for something?

Alongside Altruis the Sufferer?

I. Am. Here. For. It.

Heck yea!

3 Likes

The guy whose entire path in Legion was wrong and non-canon.

What wouldn’t I do for playable krokul, though?

2 Likes

Reported for disrespe… I mean trolling :dagger:

I really just hate this fully neutral way of doing content, because you can tell by the way they write everything that its bleeding into the lore and story in a very insidious way. Everyone must be friends because we’re able to make neutral-based content much easier and cheaper than we can make faction/race-related content.

I get it, I understand that it makes their development 100x easier according to them because the team just works as one big whole rather than dividing the teams between two factions and having no communication (although they still have a notorious lack of communication despite this?) but good lord is it starting to get tiring.

“Gilneas Will Rise Again”
“Gilneas Will Be Reborn From the Blood of our Enemies”

Gilnean culture became distinctly revolved around the idea of rising from the ashes (much like the belves) once Gilneas fell, it should be a racial questline, to finally fulfill a cultural promise to their ancestors and their peoples.

3 Likes

An Alliance questline, we gnomes had to share our unsuccesful attempt at recapture, and you should too >:(

1 Like

Over.

Shoulder.

Capes.

https://x.com/keyboardturn/status/1725313523343905209?s=20
4 Likes

They said its hair colours for trolls. But said something to unique for draenei. So we can rule just hair colours out I believe.

I think the tree is going to be pretty awesome.

5 Likes

It looks good.

Although I did see a post that, while self-admittedly salty, did raise a valid point that the tree being in Dragon Isles now, while Soon the Gilneans are just… going home? Kind of a weird juxtaposition.

I still hope the Present Day circumstances of Kalimdor gets addressed at some point, rather than leaving it to what we can piece together.

3 Likes

Ah yes. The Gilneans.

Their current invaders appear to be a bit Scarlet in nature.

(picture stolen from friendly PTR invader)

2 Likes

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1131025925174210712/1174926110849503372/old-man-how-many-times-do-we-have-to-teach-you.gif?ex=65695e35&is=6556e935&hm=8d8dae8977b24ab23428a44ad9492a6d1ce44a6ef0ff82b1594c364eb8644be5&

3 Likes

FUN DETECTED.

4 Likes

Ngl, the town underneath Amirdrassil is starting to look beautiful!

I just wish it was Nordrassil instead!
Deffo gonna use it to RP, ngl! Hope we’ll get a teleport and Portal spel to it, aswell!

As for gaining 2 cities for the Alliance, seems Blizzard is rectifying the fact the Alliance had less capital cities(I think?) then the Horde? And I do hope Lordaeron will get a nice big update asap after Gilneas!l, to! Forsaken deserve some love aswell!

1 Like

I get that, though…

EK and Kalimdor zones are pretty small compared to, for example, the Dragon Isles’ zones!

And its still way faster then normal flying!
And I am still happy they’ll be giving Dracthyr full on Dragon flying, finally!

1 Like

I don’t know, it makes sense to me.

Having flown over Kalimdor recently at similar altitudes that I would use when flying over the Dragon Isles, I’ve already seen for myself how small old-world zones are.
Using the same view distances as the Dragon Isles, you can easily see as geography that’s as far as three or four zones away, while in the 10.0 continent, you can barely see from one side of a zone to the other, despite the air being incredibly clear in most parts of the Isles.

At full speed, I wouldn’t be surprised if a dragonrider could cross the width of most zones in about twenty seconds. It would compress Azeroth a little too much and make the world feel a little silly.

I also struggle to think of how they’ll make Quel’thalas feel big enough to feel like a new expansion and make exploring it with dynamic flying interesting, while still making it a part of the Eastern Kingdoms instance.
I feel like Midnight’s Quel’thalas would have to be the size of everything north of the Thandol Span, at the very least, in order to feel substantial.

1 Like

Patch 10.2.5 PTR is up.

Amirdrassil in the main world is there for everyone, but weirdly I can’t enter it. Says “Turn back! The Emerald Dream is clouding your mind…” and teleports me back.

Maybe I have to do the 10.2 campaign first?

Somehow, the Scarlet Crusade returned!

That aside, as much as I believe that the Night Elves deserve to get something nice for a change I do hope that it doesn’t come at the expense of their holdings and lost territory over in Kalimdor. Which, I might add, is their ancestral homeland.

2 Likes

That’s the current state of affairs on live servers afaik. Killing Fyrakk at the tail end of the campaign is a requirement to the transition of Amirdrassil to Azeroth.

Though I wish the new night elf home would still be based in Kalimdor, if we get a proper new town / city that looks great, I’ll try create some cool roleplay memories there to ease into it. At least the zone is quite spaceous allowing one to briefly forget it’s in the Dragon Isles.

7 Likes

On live servers, Amirdrassil doesn’t phase in until you kill Fyrakk. On the PTR, it’s already there for everyone, and I can fly into it, but it teleports me back.