PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Blame Blizzard and overcorrection as a response to some players thinking Pandaria had too much open space, so WoD started the design of ‘we need to cover every single inch of the zone with arcade activities!!’ that carried over to Legion, cutting down on actual size just so you wouldn’t be left without entertainment whenever you take a new step.

Oh my god. If this works for raid members as well… RP is actually saved?

If I understand this correctly, this just vanishes players outside of a party right? Hopefully also any player effects?

(Unless it gives you some really goofy goggles, but still…)
This might also just be a test-run for a future feature on an /ignore function, hopefully? Maybe? I’ve been screaming for this option for ages!

4 Likes

True. I remember now how cramped Legion felt.

I’ll be honest, despite my original negativity towards the new world tree as a home for the Night Elves I really like what I’m seeing here. It looks like it has a dock too, so maybe transport links?

Still kinda salty about no Nordrassil update but this is okay for me. Excited to do some RP there in the not too distant future.

4 Likes

All it really needs is just a quick link to it. If there is a Dream Portal (from Dreamway) to it, at least in the future… and/or a Mage Portal (if it becomes a new capitol for Night Elves, it’d be expected right?) and/or a Portal from just Stormwind or Valdrakken to it… it’ll be good enough I guess.

I’ll still begrudgingly say that Nordrassil should’ve gotten the update, but it was a futile hope anyway.

(Could you imagine if they updated Nordrassil anyway for some patch in Midnight or something haha? haha ha haha? hahahah ? hah?a)

5 Likes

The good thing is that since Dragonflight is the new starter expansion it will be really easy to access for new players or alts. Unless you have to complete the campaign to access it, which I don’t think is the case.

1 Like

Some shots of the new docks

https://twitter.com/arcanistsaphras/status/1725319260967149945

I hope they’re actually linked to Stormwind and not purely visual.

Darkshore, Azuremyst and Stormwind linked pls

Not sure about a Darkshore link. That zone is kinda borked.

Does feel like it needs some kind of Kalimdor link though.

It wouldn’t surprise me if they link to Stormwind and Orgrimmar.

3 Likes

neutral dragonflight hub let’s gooooo

you love to see it :sob:

Could you imagine… they ‘update’ Darkshore to only have the Night Elf control look, and then they link to Aubergine harbor.

:weary: :weary: :weary:

4 Likes

repaired auberdine let’s go

1 Like

What if the reason why the Scarlets are there is because the Forsaken pulled out their troops as per Calia’s decision, so the Scarlets took the opportunity, reformed, and used the abandoned Gilneas as a base?

It would explain where the Scarlet Crusaders have teleported to (and from), and wherever the hell they managed to get artillery weapons from, considering how Gilneas’ starting zone mentions how there were weapon arsenals that were never discovered from the Northgate Rebellion.

That, and having a fight in Gilneas City’s Cathedral Square with a bunch of Scarlet Crusaders would probably look cool as hell.

5 Likes

If the Scarlets don’t want to get turned undead why don’t they just become Worgen themselves? Are they stupid?
(Yes)

5 Likes

Flip Valdrakken or whatever capital.

My heartstone will be set to Amirdrassil!
Zone looks beautiful.

Although I agree with Nerathion it should’ve been Nordrassil, but alas. I will have to make do with this!

1 Like

This is an okay compromise for me. Messing with a cata zone may have had unintended problems, and at least with this they could set up the area from the beginning knowing this was going to happen.

1 Like

Idm having us spank some Scarlets around, it’s one way of working out frustration from all the endless swathes of poor attempts at Scarlet RP (In Stormwind of all places.)

Hyjal already has garbage phasing issues, I wouldn’t want to compound them.

1 Like

probably most of why they avoided it yeah

Don’t do this. Don’t give me hope.

1 Like

I had to see this, but I won’t be alone in my suffering.

9 Likes