PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 2)

but remember
transmogging plate armour on a mage would ruin the silhouettes and class fantasy :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Punchcardcaptor S4-Kura

1 Like

the above image IS my class fantasy so idk what you’re getting at with this tbh

10 Likes

mechagnomes finally playable

thanks alice

5 Likes

I’d like to organize an event involving in PCs helping finish up the new settlement, running errands here and there.

Wonder when we’ll see the buildings added to live server and if/when the new island will become accessible to all regardless of their character’s raid progression?

3 Likes

It seems like it’s currently inaccessible on the PTR and doesn’t have any kind of NPC presence, so possibly not even in time for the patch itself.

Worst case scenario is it’s a bit like a Classic WoW Dalaran where it’s sealed off pending completion, which would explain Lintian’s troubles actually going inside.

Best case scenario is it will come out in this patch, which I guess is going to be earlyish next year, and they haven’t finished it yet or are intentionally obscuring it.

2 Likes

Count me in.

4 Likes

The Hordelands™, Ashenvale reduced to literal ashes in want of kaldorei protection and subject to orcish/goblin environmental policy.

Shaladrassil flashbacks.

My baby is back.

An event I will definitely turn up for and won’t have child related issues :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

I doubt it. There was nothing under vanilla Dalaran’s dome. Here we’re looking at a finished zone. I suspect you currently need to complete the campaign to access that zone, and the reason it teleported me out is that I have barely started the campaign on that character.

(I don’t have main world Amirdrassil unlock on any characters on live servers.)

I really hope this isn’t the case. Would basically be dead in the water as an RP hub if it’s locked behind a campaign.

There’s up-close PTR screenshots of it from people who have completed the Emerald Dream Campaign/Raid and copied their characters over, so it appears at least on PTR its tied to finishing the campaign/raid at the moment.

Important to note though that in 10.2.5 it is visible in the overworld regardless of campaign and raid completion however, seemingly just inaccessible.

This is an improvement at least. Currently it’s only viewable in-game from when you’re actually in the plains which is weird.

Really hoping campaign completion isn’t tied into being able to visit it. Although I get that it wouldn’t make sense to be there if you’re questing through the area for the first time.

2 Likes

Considering that we got Exploring Kalimdor a year and a half ago, I wouldn’t expect more than that for quite a while.

Maybe they do intend to eventually open it to everyone and just haven’t removed the teleportation trigger yet.

My concern is that it might further fragment the already fragmented night elf RP community. Astranaar has been an active RP hub since at least Wrath, if not vanilla. Now roleplayers will have a choice between Astranaar and the new zone.

Is Feralas not a hub anymore? I’ve been out of the scene for too long.

I don’t know. I’ve primarily roleplayed in Dalaran since the start of Shadowlands, only coming to Astranaar for seasonal celebration events. I do vaguely recall occasionally seeing people on my friend list in Feralas, but don’t quote me on that.

I think Feathermoon gets people in it but it not as often or as many as Astranaar.
Although you’ll find several people being memekings on the inn roof in Astranaar rather than coming down and injecting life!

I think a new hub has the potential of injecting some fresh energy to be honest. Astranaar has been a hub since classic and nowadaways kind of exists in a strange limbo state.

New place to congregate with some new story opportunities in rebuilding etc might be what the community needs.

1 Like

Yes, unfortunately.

I discovered that by accident when I went to the upper floor of the Astranaar inn to change clothes IC and suddenly saw silly emotes coming despite there being no one downstairs. Turned out they were coming from the roof.

2 Likes