PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 2)

A bit of a jumpscare, but when can we expect the first city-life night elf RP guild prop up on Amirdrassil like the <Darnassus> of old?

Alongside building claiming and more.

1 Like

I am the chosen priestess of this moonwell, and if anyone so much as looks at it they’re getting god emote killed and black listed!

And lets not forget the obligatuary tornado/whirlpool

Honestly? I’m not one to gatekeep RP. In the age of community Discords, it’s easier to reach consensus on using buildings instead of stepping on each other’s toes. That’s what the Dalaran community does.

In the end we’re all playing a make-believe game in a sandbox created by people who put way less thought into it than we do. These days I trust most roleplayers to be mature enough to find mutual understanding.

Raid done, the open world version of the tree is dead gorgeous with the day night cycle.

I’m so envious of those who have done the raid.

I’ve just completed the campaign up to the raid quest, and I’m dying to experience the story further.

1 Like

Guess I’ll have a month’s worth of content to catch up to in 2 weeks before I am going MIA for 4 weeks again :smiling_face_with_tear:

I am missing all the good Night Elf stuff from happning in reall life, living it through this forums instead :weary:

1 Like

Time to join a raiding guild/community and get some l33t gamer loot while getting all the lore before everyone else.

2 Likes

Not worth it.

1 Like

Adding stuff is fine, assuming it it is coherent with the game.

What I do hate in the past is how they removed a lot of stuff. Be it turning paintings into fruit bowls or removing the B word from Garrosh rather than treating it as part of WoW’s history. Or may of the jokes or flirts of the different races. I found a lot of them fun.

Sanitization of media has never struck well with me. Especially when it’s been handled by the likes of Danuser and his dojo that can’t make a storyline memorable for no other reason than how bad they were.

4 Likes

I really do not care about the paintings in the slightest.

I do care they removed questlines like the legendary cloaks, wrathgate, etc for literally no reason at all…

They could, for all I cate, make every painting the same. Or remove whatever words from speeches aslong as the message stays the same, but removing whole, very important, questlines for no reason is where I draw the line!

10 Likes

Thiiiiiiis, like damn.

1 Like

I, too, miss night elf stuff happening in real life.

…Wait, there’s night elf stuff happening in real life? Where? Can I go watch? It must be breathtaking to witness!

3 Likes

You could be me, do the raid but forget to finish the campaign first, so have to wait until next week friday :frowning:

I mean, everytime in the woods I keep an eye out, but I’ve still not found any… then again, given where I live, surrounded by farmland, I’m more likely to encounter hobbits instead.

1 Like

You know I meant in real time, instead of enjoying it the moment it releases :frowning:

If Night Elf stuff happened in reallife, we would probably ruin it with tourism and genral bad behaviour :weary:

3 Likes

Annoying tourists aren’t limited to real life.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWuCCNwXUAAvjkp.jpg:large

2 Likes

Heh, elves bieng anoying tourists in a troll city.

Didn’t expect anything else from those pointy-ears

This might’ve been posted here before, but doing Shandris & Lilian quests, some of the NPCs regard the player character with some hostility if the character happens to be a Forsaken. It’s a small detail but nice touch, imo.

3 Likes

I do know what you meant, of course :slight_smile:

And we almost certainly would. Humans can be so cruel and prejudiced to each other; adding more intelligent species into the mix would only open the ways for new kinds of hatred.

1 Like

The new night elf buildings are looking really good. Narrative aside, night elven aesthetics in gear and props has been really, really good.

5 Likes