PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Art direction for all things Night Elf has been fantastic for a long time now; you can tell there’s people on the art team that really like them and know what the people that like night elves in general like about their aesthetic/design

4 Likes

Gee, I wonder what those rainbow decorations could possibly mean.

1 Like

Noah’s Ark holiday event.

1 Like

The NHS, they have asked for more claps.

2 Likes

Ah, I get it now! In preparation for the seas receding, paving the way for the next expansion, World of Warcraft: The World Unsundered.

Children’s Week

1 Like

I mean, lets be honest knowing Blizzard it might end up bieng something entirelly different.

They still kowtow to a certain group of goverments alot :dracthyr_shrug:

WoW’s China servers had to close down, didn’t they? And they also can’t sell in Russia anymore so that’s some of the big ones out of the picture

5 Likes

Not after the netease disagreement.

Amusing that they bent over backwards for China and it ended up being closed off to them anyway.

3 Likes

Honestly, if this means that they can actually do far more LGBTQ+ stuff in game (or have an event celebrating Pride during June), then… all the better. Of course, General Discussion will have another meltdown, but surely after so many veins popping you’d think GD would simmer down at some point.

2 Likes

General Discussion would have a meltdown over weather forecasts.

7 Likes

WoW is learning from FFXIV. That’s good. That’s what healthy competition does.

1 Like

Apparently if you die the entire group ragequits immediately.

AI getting too believable.

They also look like they might be a bit more advanced than FF14’s stuff, which is neat. Hopefully it lands well and then they expand it to raids.

6 Likes

10.2.7 will update the bots so that they have the power to tell you that they copulated with your mother.

4 Likes

The trading post has spoiled the Gilnean reclamation quest stages.
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/336588653872807946/1175490807344668692/F_O6nqaakAAm8om.png

It’s all Scarlets all the way down.

1 Like

It’s a shame we don’t get the world building to go into how the Scarlet Crusade can be such a force despite being beaten to a pulp every time they poke their heads above thr parapet.

1 Like

It’s also a shame that the main Forsaken villain is getting copy-pasted onto the Worgen instead of Gilneas getting any proper attention to them and their curse, after their…lackluster heritage quest.

1 Like

Also “speak to Calia Menathil.” :skull:

As a friend of mine eloquently put it:

Gilnean: “Never thought I’d die fighting side by side with a Forsaken.”

Forsaken: “What about side by side with a friend?”

Gilnean: “…Never thought I’d die fighting side by side with a Forsaken.”

This, apparently they had quite a heap of manpower left if they could occupy Gilneas -and- launch an attack on the Forsaken. Makes me wonder how they dealt with the plague, aswell as all of those worgen roided up on black dragon blood by Hiram Creed.

Also weren’t there also BfA mission tables that mentioned fighting in Gilneas?

7 Likes

There’s an easy way to justify it, too - that there’s a significant number of scattered and disillusioned humans across the various lands who are unwilling to work with or forgive the undead or side with the increasingly overly tolerant and apologetic Horde and Alliance.

It shouldn’t even be a controversial view, the game just lacks the stones to commit to the fact that the undead are and will always be abominations that go against the natural order and risk degrading into mindless zombies that will serve as a constant threat to the living.

As much as Fyrakk lacked any nuance or depth in the latest story arc there’s not much reason for the average Azerothian to believe the undead when they promise that they’re not going to go and kill large swathes of the living again anytime soon despite…repeatedly being granted second chances only to go right back to acting almost exactly like the Scourge five minutes later.

8 Likes