PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Eh, I think that if they ever add the Naga to the game as a playable race then they should either be available to both factions or enter the Horde through their former connection to the Blood Elves.

The Blood Elves would not have been nearly as screwed over as they were over the years if Kael’thas and Lady Vashj had not been unceremoniously killed off and the connection between the two races had been deepened further.

It was stuff like that that piqued my interest in the setting, as opposed to the ‘Horde’ or the ‘Alliance’ who - at this point, but even back then - exist as a detriment to multiple playable and non-playable races.

3 Likes

The tyr quest confirms that the zandalari paladin there gets their powers from Torcali.

Though the implication at the end of the quest is that might change (ew).

At least it’s a nice little explicit “no, prelates don’t need to be Rezanites”.

4 Likes

Since a lot of WoW’s current stories have been criticized as ‘friendship is magic’ they can all just do it together with kumbaya. And I wouldn’t even be mad at it.

Yeah I had the same thought, perhaps not that Eternus is trying to corrupt Nozdormu, but you know… the characters can make mistakes as well, with big ramifications on them. It’s up to the writers to actually execute that well and I’m not sure if they’re able to execute any nuanced story telling well after BfA. Yes, I’m still of the opinion that they intended to tell the story through unreliable narrators, but couldn’t do it properly so everyone was just left confused in the end over ‘so what’s the real canon truth then?’

You’re asking for another Velen situation where the blood elf featured face of the day is moved to tears, then resolves too exterminate their rescuer later.

Never trust them. They may dress in gold but they’ve the darkest of hearts, vengeful, petty and as enthusiastic to opportunisically kill by twisted means and magic as any old guard forsaken.

4 Likes

You want to [REDACTED] them so bad it makes you look stupid.

1 Like

I suspect this is the arc all along since they introduced this complexity to the infinites as having personal motives rather than to “shatter this clockwork universe”. She doesn’t want it, but to be there, share her story and inadvertedly introducing doubt to Nozdormu’s mind, she doomed him. It’s interesting writing.

The big plot hole is why he didn’t see that coming, being the big new prophet npc.

1 Like

Just a cavalcade of atrocity, hypocrisy and tragedy, uncaring of consequence and selective condemnation as it fits the politics of the day.

In the wider narrative, blood elves are hideous and fit into the company they’ve chosen.

3 Likes

Flirt.­­­­

2 Likes

Oh you know it.

4 Likes

I hurl in ten characters.

1 Like

And that’s wrong. Torcali is about nature, she’d rather patron mistweavers, restodruids and other non-Holy healers.

She is also attributed with being a bulwark, a moving mountain, a living symbol of resilience which why a lot of her followers are shielded warriors – ontop of the Harvest and Wanderlust aspects, of course.

5 Likes

She is the best loa.

True, but it also has nothing to do with the Light. If the troll in question was a prot warrior or a shaman, it’d still fit, but not to a paladin.

Light is manifested through faith.
Torcali represents protection, nurturing and Zanadalar.
She is the perfect loa for a paladin.

3 Likes

I believe Trazyn realized what he was doing and tried to counter it.
but I ultimately think they reached a draw in the trial.
which is why they were both punished with forced teamwork.

1 Like

If you wanna go by the (generally considered less interesting) official canon this is the explanation for sure – it’s less that the loa actively empower their followers and more that through the faith in the tenets that those loa teach they’re able to call upon the Light.

Would it be cooler for some sun/day-themed loa to grant solar magic for a troll prelate.

Also, when it’s said that x loa represents nature… well, they all do really. The vast majority of loa shown in the game/lore are Wild Gods, excluding Bwonsamdi and Mueh’zala. Even those two still represent the cycle of life and death, or at least they should since Mueh’zala isn’t too dedicated to his role in the cosmic order.

2 Likes

What on Azeroth?

1 Like

Yes.
But still, I think Torcali is a perfectly good option in what she represents, regardless of how the Light manifests.

1 Like

As much as I hate to say it… if they can redeem man’ari eredar of all beings… then almost everything’s on the table.

He says while shaking the tentacle of a redeemeed Faceless One.

2 Likes