PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Bellular :-1:

7 Likes

I don’t see why he’s so bad. He’s just one of many clickbait grifters whose opinion of the game is cyclical.

Right now, we’re in the “growing optimism” stage that involves all of these e-celebs slowly hyping up the latest expansion more and more and insisting that it’ll be different to the last one, as they’ve done with all of the prior expansions.

And then a month or two after 11.0, they’ll suddenly become very critical of the game and point out all of the flaws that they happily overlooked in the run-up to the expansion. Look forward to all of the Youtube thumbnails with big red arrows pointing down and meaningless graphs trending downwards.

6 Likes

I think it’s a little harsh to blame peeps for Clickbait (within reason) when the algorithms, especially on Youtube, are So Damn Wonky. With friends who make vids and/or stream, these days it’s just a sad reality you have to jump through the hoops that providers have set more and more of up, and sometimes set on fire too :upside_down_face:

There’s a point where it stops coming across as poor unfortunate souls who have no choice but to obey the whims of the algorithm, and starts coming across as cynical trend-chasing instead.

When it comes to all of the big Warcraft e-personalities, I’d say that they count as the latter rather than the former.

Btw. Dany gave another pearl: the nerubians were so strong in Northrend they were winning the war against the Scourge and only when they digged down too deep they started to lose because the Old Gods’ minions arrived.

The guy doesn’t even read the lore on Warcraft Wiki I swear.

Let alone use common sense: why would they move below if they were winning?! Gosh.

1 Like

Remind me, what was the lore again? Betrayed and defeated by the Scourge and Lich-King… Right?

1 Like

He’s only slightly less obnoxious than Taliesil.

At least Uther is a decent character.

Void elves are now space elves, living on their floaty rocks.

“Why does a trollking named Rastakhan not have a royal set of dreadlocks?”

4 Likes

Initially, the plague of undeath killed plenty of creatures in Northrend, enough to launch a small assault on Azjol-Nerub.

However, the nerubians were immune to the plague of undeath and thus, unaffected by it, were winning the war.

The Lich King then had to modify the plague so the nerubians would be affected. After that he turned the tide.

Completely overwhelmed, the nerubians retreated down their older empire, and eventually awakened Faceless Ones.

Edit.
Actually, I double-checked it. It appears the LK won with greater numbers alone.

Eventually, the Scourge launched a large invasion of the nerubians’ underground nation led by the Lich King’s powerful dreadlords. The insectoids were forced back under the relentless assault, with many of their temples and structures being brought down on their heads. Although the nerubians had proven resilient to the Plague, the Lich King was still able to use his powers to raise them in undeath once they had been slain on the battlefield. … In an effort to replace ground lost to the undead, the nerubians dug progressively deeper into the earth. In doing so, they inadvertently uncovered the faceless ones

4 Likes

A once so innocent sentence now causes great distress to me.

8 Likes

Why?

These demons who serve Kil’jaeden were the Lich King’s jailer until he broke free of the Burning Legions influence.

There is nothing else to it😏

2 Likes

This name gives me more dread than the time i googled up the scientific name of pig

5 Likes

Dalaran RPers can rejoice with every type of armor and weapon now available…

You just had to loose the city for it, lmao. :weary:

2 Likes

Taliesin :-1:

5 Likes

'Ate taliesin
'Ate bellular
'Ate nixxiom

Just dont like em

1 Like

Player is responsible for aiding the enemy so many times I’m all but convinced we’re sent out as a sort of forlorn hope situation where we’ll either redeem our crimes or die fighting. Convenient for the faction leaders not needing to execute a “hero”.

3 Likes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLl-63jaQAEnaCD?format=jpg&name=large

Associate art director: “We have our main characters, Alleria and Anduin.”

and Thrall right

right

4 Likes

Kill thrall

Lmao. I don’t even like the Horde as a faction and I am feeling sorry for Horde fans at the moment…

One day you’ll get your moment to shine, like the NElves!

2 Likes

Horde bias btw.

1 Like