PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Tldr: priestess of the fire god in the game of thrones books/series, uses shadow magic in peculiar ways with exactly this rhetoric. Loads of redhead human and belf discipline priest RPers popped up as a consequence, talking of the light casting shadows while flinging both at enemies. Hopefully without birth-related rituals.

4 Likes

There’s also a similar archetype with the same roots in the shape of definitely-not-a-warlock human noble ‘pyromancers’ doing things like these and excusing them through the ethos of sacrifices being necessary and the end justifies the means. It’s a pretty flexible concept.

1 Like

Not that far fetched as fel is sacrificial magic. Not playing a noble, I don’t feel particularly attacked, though.

2 Likes

Yeah! My point was that, in my own opinion, the translation of Melisande’s concept to a warlock is a far better translation than making them priests in the traditional warcraft sense of priests.

Definitely a concept that can work, shame it’s been misused and overused in certain aspects of Argent Dawn in the past.

My Disc Priest: “Light casting shadow? Oh, no no… The Shadow is for this.”

-Sends enemies to Eeby Deeby-

The most insane music for the most insane players playing the most insane spec.

It just works.

New story dropped.

There´s something very odd about it. It feels like the author is still going by Legion lore where Blood Knights were part of Silver Hand. I otherwise can´t explain Arator, a paladin of Silver Hand, being saluted by Silvermoon guards.
Overall though, it´s kind of weird that this half-elf, son of Regent of Stormwind and leader of void elves, is just living in Silvermoon City.

4 Likes

And not with the aunt that raised him :thinking:

2 Likes

Admittedly, I do like that even after TBC Silvermoon is depicted as not being eager to kill other elves; the entire “you have until the sun goes down then get the frick-frack out of my city” by Lor’themar is a bit of a chad move.

That and it’s common knowledge that the sunwell almost went boom to the void is interesting.

But you’re right, the respect towards the Silver Hand is an odd angle. But whatever. I’ve made my peace with Silvermoon going neutral in terms of High/Blood and maybe void elves.

7 Likes

Her face in that art piece is…

I can’t believe Azor-Ahai is Arator, the Prince that was promised. . .

The idea that Turalyon can be chilling in Silvermoon is kind of funny but I suppose Lor’themar isn’t going to decline him on account of both history and being the acting leader of the Alliance as a whole - as well as being a Paladin of the Light.

The fact that Arator is treated with a great deal of respect, even saluted, in Silvermoon is odder still but I can’t lie that I get a good chuckle out of the idea that Paladins are just allowed to chill in each other’s capitals for “training” and “tutorship” - it makes sense, I suppose? I just never thought that would’ve been a thing. Paladin cultural exchange, I suppose.

Edit: What I really don’t like is the brief comparison to autism Alleria makes with her eldritch-summoning-abomination state of being. They want to fix you because you’re a genuine threat to the universe, its not a case of a quirky personality defect or different way of thinking mentally, its that you’re literally a cosmic threat to everyone around you at all times. Of course everyone wants to fix you, c’mon Alleria your 12,000+ years old, you should know this, its easy logic.

8 Likes

Also I freaking said it.

An Alliance hero, an Half-Elf, and.he is not dispised by Lor’themar Theron!? He just likes Half-Elves now and just hated Kalecgos lmao

1 Like

To be fair, I imagine non-militant helves wouldn’t really have a problem with settling in Silvermoon. Aside from that one Lodge and the Silver Covenant, Silvermoon’s relationship with other high elves is seemingly placid(?)

But eh. Who knows. Lor’themar turns up, says don’t stay here when it gets dark. Alleria gets windows slammed on her. It’s okay.

1 Like

I hate it.

I guess Arator joined the Blood Knight after Legion, since they’re calling him “knight” and not paladin. Weird that he’s living in Silvermoon when he’s been raised in Dalaran? Although my timeline might be off there. Was Vereesa already in Dalaran when he was born or did she pack up the baby/small child and left later?
Anyway, still weird to have him in Silvermoon but why not. Maybe he decided to connect more with this side of his cultural inheritance, I don’t mind.

Hate hate hate to have Turalyon there though. Don’t see why his being a paladin would allow it, he shouldn’t be there. He can meet Liadrin other places, neutral places if they had to speak about Light stuff.
… Also no idea why he’d seek Liadrin, over other paladins, but we know it was merely an excuse so he’d be there.

1 Like

What’s one little targeted murdering between elves eh? The Dalaran Purge was just a mistake guys.

He is referred as a Knight of the Silver Hand and still seems to wear the Church Judgement armour so I’m not sure either. I think the implication is that he was there with Turalyon since they wanted to ask Liadrin some things but Arator is just allowed some form of permanent residence. He still calls Stormwind his home in the story as well so its very hard to gauge what he’s actually doing there.

1 Like

Kinda brings up the question of which Commanders during those Warfront interactions is Canon? Liadrin and Turalyon sure were quite antagonistic during those.

Canon is a prison according to the writers.

1 Like

Why aren’t they meeting at the Paladin Avengers headquarters under Light’s Hope
(because then the short story cant happen, duuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhh)

4 Likes