PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 2)

No wonder Sylvanas’s line about existence itself being a prison. They were being meta you see.

I think there´s genuinely a non-zero chance that, come Midnight, this is what´s going to happen. Or all the blame for Purge will be put on Aethas, and all the blame for the brutal reaction will be put on Jaina.
Seeing this short story, I´m starting to get more worried that we just won´t get tensions between high elves and blood elves centered around their past as participants in the Alliance vs. Horde wars, but rather that all the tension will be about blood elves and void elves, done through lenses of Light vs. Void.

While it hasn’t happened yet and we’re not in Midnight, all I’m saying is that it’d be dissapointing if that were to happen. Helves and Belves should have a more troubled relationship considering Lor’themar’s actions towards them. While it wasn’t yesterday, the memories of all that should still be relatively fresh.

We shouldn’t forget as well that Void Elves are very much composed of Blood Elves to begin with and I don’t even get the vibe that Velves want to see QT or even the Sunwell be destroyed.

Nevertheless should it all lead there, may each side have their zealots.

The Blood Elves allied with the Orcish Horde sooner then that they forgive eachother for what they did to one another.

And the Orcs burned down their forest and slaughtered their people on a bigger scale then any High/Blood Elf beef did with each other, lmao

The whole High Elves vs Blood Elves story is getting old really quick, especially since they are yhe same people, beside the blue/red flag and the name.

Now High & Blood Elves vs Void Elves is where it should be at.

2 Likes

Welp, I guess Sylvanas ripping the Helm of Domination in half was just a metaphor for Danuser ripping wow’s canon in half, and the rift to the Shadowlands was actually the rift to Steve’s World.

As for the story… I cannot say I found it super special. It was decent but… nothing to write home about. And with others mentioning some strange things, yeah…

2 Likes

Thalassian elves :crossed_swords: sevle naissanraD

She strolled past scaffolding where carpenters and
Masons worked to rebuild various structures, and toward a row of houses
Page 8

Atleast its 100% certain now we’re getting a fully rebuild Silvermoon come Midnight, then!

“Were you expecting someone, son?” she heard Turalyon ask. “One of the
Breezeblossom twins dropping off a jar of starflower honey, perhaps?”
“Father, please. I am expecting no one, and no one should be expecting me. My
thoughts are with my fellow Knights, not with some paltry dalliance.”
Their son sounded like his robes were suddenly too tight and strangling him. When
Arator opened the door, his cheeks were pink and he was clearly doing his best to look
serious.

I know Turalyon has no reason to be there, but I chuckled at him acting like a actual father.

1 Like

Arator getting a belf gf, his child will be 3/4 elf again! Windrunners returning to full elf status soon???

There was no reason to set it in Silvermoon. Turalyon and Arator should not have been there, and it is immensely dumb for the former to do so.

If Turalyon can just waltz into Silvermoon though then I guess it really is free for all on Hordies hanging out in Alliance cities and vice versa.

5 Likes

I mean, he wasn’t there on official Alliance business, I suppose?

Also he was keeping a low profile since he did not want everyone to know he was there…

Its still dumb, but had Alleria not been a Void Elf, she probably would’ve been able to do that aswell. And then there is Arator apparently, randomly, being in Silvermoon, while he is mostly Alliance-aligned.

Now that I think of it, it was 3 Alliance heroes meeting in Silvermoon… Suppose they did it to have a Lor’themar Theron-cameo and they could namedrop Liadrin?

1 Like

Writing a new short story where Deathstalker Commander Belmont goes on a casual visit to Stormwind (There is now a Forsaken contingent who have re-settled there peacefully and without issue (I am good at worldbuilding :+1:))

8 Likes

“And what of Silvermoon? Is Greaves still making sugar spindles here? And is Branson
still a stuffy, gossipy noble?”

Greaves and Branson strikes me as really odd elf names. That’s all I have to say.

6 Likes

Does make me wonder if it was firstly meant to be Stormwind-centred, it would make sense for why there’s, y’know, 3 major Alliance characters present.

7 Likes

Yea, thats the other thing. What if Deahstalker Commander Belmont actually has a son living in Stormwind, is he now also allowed to visit him, under presence of Guards, because he is a high-ranking official of the Forsaken?

One could hope they realise people are getting tired off all the stories happening in or around Stormwind? Don’t know if Silvermoon would’ve been the ideal place to put them in, though? Perhaps Dalaran, or Gilneas would’ve made a better background setting.

2 Likes

Arator was raised in Dalaran (by Vereesa+Rhonin) so yeah, Dalaran definitely feels like it would’ve made more sense.

And also, not that I care, because I find her intensely boring, but it is a tad weird how Vereesa has basically got nothing at all we’ve heard about, in either short story or alpha content, considering Dalaran is her home and it

explodes

1 Like

How has Azeroth not turned into one big giant sinkhole if that is true?

Also where her 2 kids live, and where Alleria was summoned to, and also where her SC guards will be guarding again come wednesday…

Yea, its kinda strange.

3 Likes

Do the kids even still exist…

Real question, were they ever mentionned in game? I remember their appearance in the comic about the three sisters but not if someone of their family mentionned their existence outside side stories.

1 Like

They’ve had a few novel mentions in addition to their comic appearance, they’ve never appeared in game and I can’t recall them ever being directly referred to but I’m sure there is dialogue somewhere with an offhand mention.

No idea, but it just further reinforces my belief that Hallowfall was massively inspired by A Journey to the Centre of the Earth.

But here’s that map.

https://warcraft.wiki.gg/images/5/52/WorldMap-Hallowfall.jpg