PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 2)

If it involves a T-rex chase like in the movie with Brendan Fraser, I approve.

-glances in at thread-

I ain’t reading all that. Congratulations, or my condolences, whichever fits best.

He is the military commander of the Alliance forces, High Exarch of the lightforged, the current leader of Stormwind. Part of the Silver hand much like his son, a order that expelled all the Horde during BFA including the blood elves.
It’s always a big deal wherever this dude decides to go. It is insane that he get to stroll around without a huge commotion with guards etc in a Horde capital.

3 Likes

Where is that mentioned? I completely missed that.

It could be some kind of extended courtesy. The Alliance lets Horde visitors visit Bel’ameth, and while the guards keep a special eye on you, if your intent is peaceful, you can still visit it normally.

Someone like him and Alleria being allowed to go there, of a reason for their visit is revealed, I understand - especially considering that Alleria is the only person on the non-void team that dishes out information about the void visions she’s having.

The part I don’t get is Arator. Why bring him along? I don’t get the narrative purpose of including him.

It’s not. BFA just messed up Silver Hand lore big time, and on launch patch you had Silver Hand fighting against the Horde in Arathi, and in the next you had Uther’s Tomb plastered with Silver Hand and Argent Crusade iconography.

So, in general, just another case of the real Battle Azeroth was fighting at the time being Azeroth itself not knowing what it wanted to be lorewise.

4 Likes

During bfa the Silver hand fights for the Alliance as can be seen in the battle of stromgarde as they fight blood knights and sunwalkers, the silver hand forces only contain alliance races as well.
The Silver Hand also took part in the Battle for Dazar’alor and faction assaults on both zandalar and kul tiras under the Alliance.
We simply haven’t seen any Horde races fight under or fly the banner of the silver hand since legion.
in DF the Tyr’s guard talk about how they will succeed in Alliance-Horde cooperation where the silver hand failed.

I guess technically that we don’t know if the silver hand kicked out the horde races, but what’s clear is that there was a break up and they then fought each other. With no Horde races represented in the silver hand since.

2 Likes

So… a massive development in an iconic paladin order and we have to find out about it from some random npcs and some random sentence. Amazing. At least it’s in the game…

1 Like

Does that cave identify itself as an overworld? Because it’s giving off zero cave vibes.

Fairly sure that’s the point.

1 Like

If that’s the case, I don’t quite see the appeal. (Like imagine a Vashj’ir without any of the water, or semblance at all that it’s suppose to be on the ocean floor.)

So this zone is just one big make-believe Truman Show world for the Arathi?

1 Like

I think the mods should pin this.

1 Like

They do say in the interviews that they’re trying to make it seem like “home” as much as they can, like how they have a “sea” and a “star”.

Man, you must hate Disney’s Atlantis.

I think i came up with a new fatique.

Elf fatique.

So, Nazjatar?

I’ll stand by my theory that it’s inspired by hollow earth fiction and the idea that there’s empty spaces beneath the surface of the planet that are so vast that they seem like an entirely different world.

The Ringing Deeps and Azj-Kahet are the more claustrophobic tunnel and cavern zones, Hallowfall is meant to be more vast and otherworldly and alien, with a few reminders here and there that it’s actually underground. You’re better off looking at screenshots of the zone.

2 Likes

is the alien part how much civilian life and infrastructure a military expedition that was shipwrecked built in 15 years while Silvermoon is still in ruins

6 Likes

this hurt me

2 Likes

That one dude been hammering those planks of wood for 15 years. Think he might not actually be qualified for what he’s doing at this point.

4 Likes

Not for long now, hopefully!

I mean, it took the humans of Lakeshire six years to repair one bridge.

And they have (checks calendar) seven years left to finish the promised Lakeshire Super-Bridge on schedule!

1 Like

The problem is that the writers are American, so their understanding of infrastructure repair is entirely broken.

13 Likes