PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 2)

I think you actually have two Silver Hands.

The Silver Hand: a order that contains Paladins, Sunwalkers, Blood Knights, Vindicators and others that draw from all races and are based under Light’s Hope Chapel.

The Knights of the Silver Hand: the original order of Paladins founded in the Second War, only recruits from humans, dwarves and high elves and based in the Cathedral of Light in Stormind City.

Turalyon is a original founder and member of the second one and fought in that capacity against Liadrin of the Blood Knights in the Arathi Highlands.

I wonder if Arator is the prophesized child of Light and Shadow that Xe’ra mistakenly thought Illidan was.

(I’ve wondered that ever since Legion, mind you.)

5 Likes

Please stop wondering, Lintian. :face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

7 Likes

The funniest part is that by now, I couldn’t even be shocked if the writers actually did this. I used to joke about them letting Forsaken hang out in the new tree.

2 Likes

Alleria in the cinematic: Old gear
Alleria in the Dark Heart quests: Old gear
Alleria in her short story: New gear

Why did Alleria willfully choose to trade out her Farstrider-esque gear for Void Elf chic just before visiting Silvermoon?
Is she stupid?

8 Likes

Nah, the guys writing her however…

2 Likes

I’m kinda glad that they went with that design for Hallowfall. The three zones would otherwise feel very similar and something along Hallow’s vibe is a nice break up of things before we descend further into the Nerubian territory.

2 Likes

giant sun crystal in the sky is a cool vibe and i dig it

2 Likes

If you’re gonna quote me at least quote the full sentence:

Nazjatar at least looks like it’s on the sea floor. Heck, you can see the ocean all around being held back.

But this new zone just looks like it could have been on the overworld if you leave out the artificial sun being there.

No one ever called the Windrunners smart.

4 Likes

Except for themselves.

4 Likes

There’s a decent number of gigantic stalagmites and stalactites everywhere, along with plenty of cave systems along the fringes of the zone.

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/1128781.jpg
https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/1128786.jpg
https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/1128787.jpg

For me, these still give the vibe of the zone being underground, in a weird and otherworldly sort of way.

6 Likes

As others said, it reflects the theme of hollow Earth, which is one of staples of stories about exploring underground civilizations. To many, seeing artificial sun and only small hints of the ceiling is 100% in line with the underground setting.

Also it’s a good way to mix things. Having 3 claustrophobic underground zones wouldn’t be that fun.

1 Like

Good god imagine if they’d been Belgian.

3 Likes

What would it mean? I’m not aware of Belgian and their relationship with infrastructure.

If you google for images of Dutch-Belgian border roads you’ll understand immediately

2 Likes

just googled it. hilarious

imagine not making an effort on those particular roads just so they don’t show you up so badly by direct comparison

2 Likes

Considering the state of many of the other roads in Belgium, that is them making an effort, I’m quite confident

fun fact: a reason a lot of people from the Netherlands trying to rob banks by blowing up ATMs do so in Germany, because the Belgian roads are so poor that it’s too difficult to get away quickly and cleanly

3 Likes

Dwarf gf, thus Azeroth is blessed with the 5ft curvy longear heroine it deserves. Also, scottish elf is top tier. I will fight you glaikit mayflies.

Half of stormwind cemetary is now the Wyll Benton memorial complex; a grand mausoleum/apartment building for our reanimated residents.

You’d think the sundering would’e ruined most of whatever knockoff underdark the world had, but the upper levels would still exist in places.

1 Like

Possible hot take;
I don’t like Alleria’s change in outfit. It looks worse/less striking than her old gear.

I also don’t see why characters with modern models are getting yet-another-update, when our poor mon Rokhan is sat around looking like that… Among others, too.

7 Likes