Purge bit OP now?

Tanked 100+ ratting today because 200x purges per game playstyle returned. I do not feel outplayed, but i feel robbed. Like when criminal jumps you on road and steal your wallet and ruby ring.

I know blizzard needed to increase popularity of Shamans and Priests in arena, but I think there must be other and better solution to do so… Returning old low skill purge spam back in game is just bad quality product which promote poor gamplay…

Geting 200 purges per game is just wrong right? I mean where is skill when you mindlesly spam one button without consequence for high reward

Dont get me wrong, im OK with being purged, but im not OK by being 200x purge spam, if you spam someone with purge you must get mana consequence right? Right now spaming purge is pure profit.

Ideas to change purge:
-Let purge mana cost same as spell dispeled
-Let guy enter with 30 stack of purge in arena once spended no more purge this game.
-Add some cooldown after constant purge spam
-Increase global cooldown
-Revert old expensive mana purge (but buff other things)

Evrything is justified besides, low skill high yield purge spams.
Do something, return of mindless purge makes arena not worth playing anymore.

1 Like

So their healers have time to spam purge all game? BS

think its probably more shadow priests and ele shamans spamming it

In that case they’re doing 0 dmg while doing it.

in a 3v3 game their partner can still do 100% damage while the other spams purges if you cannot see how stupid this is against hot based classes your blind

Wait do I really see resto druid complaining about any other healer? Ekheem…

3 Likes

So DPS have mana to spam purge 200 times in a game, alright, my mistake, didn’t know.

Druids are most influenced by purge and I agree that shamans popping Ascendance and purge spamming because no one dies is stupid

1 Like

Thats point… All can agree that Shaman and Priest need some tweaks to increase their presence in arena bracket… right now RDruids are ONLY who suffer and pays the bill of purge buff, not to mention that lifebloom was nerfed just week before purge buff. So is it justice that only one class must pay buff of other? thats just against spirit of fairplay

With mana nerf mindless purge button is just terrible gameplay design.
IMPORTANT: I have nothing against when someone purge me, its part of game, but there is diference between purging someone when you need to and blanketing guy with mindless purge spam to win. I just telling that purge spam without consequence is very low skill and terrible gameplay. Im pretty sure that blizzard can tweak shamans and priests by other way than making mindless purge button viable again. This change just feel cheap and bad quality change.

Historicly: people warining blizzard blizzard about purge spam for years and how it is low skill high reward system which shoudnt exist, blizzard increased mana of purge and do good thing… but now reintorduced purge because they have no idea how other to buff shamans or priests… really there must be other way :frowning:

Additional reason to fix purge: those guys will broke button on their keyboards spaming it so much times per game, you blizzard promoting gaming or keyboard industry??? So fix it yesterday.

1 Like

I warned about this. last pvp hotfix was the worst ever.

purge spamming rewarded.
cyclone spamming rewarded.

not fun to be either side of each. Just revert the damn changes.

I wanted this change 3 weeks ago (Resto druid is FINE ! - #2 by Mâyâ-darksorrow). It made priests and shamans more viable and at the same time nerfed Rdruids. I don’t understand the crying, you’re still gods.

I’m not sure … but i have a feeling that Blizzard actually read my topic there :)))) i belive is a good change, priest still needs a strong Penance however to make it at least viable in Arena, atm is not even top 3 :slight_smile:

problem is purge spam from sp/ele tbh

i mean against restoS/disc if he spam purge and i spam healing, i oom way faster but atleast they use globals for that denying healing time

taking credit for suggesting worst ideas… ape-style purge or cyclone spamming is bad game design

So spec that can move freely, change form in order to avoid cc, has spammable cc and has very little that is needed to cast, complains about a healer which is nowhere near top healer spec, needs to cast almost everything, moves slowly and has one cc skill. Now when I have one thing that is my strength, it should be nerfed? This is hilarious. So its ok to spma hots like hell but not to purge them?

1 Like

in 3v3 their partner can still do 100% damage while the other spams CC
there are more things like that and none of those are OP
and yes, Purges are good, but Druid isn’t only based around HoTs.
Swiftmend + Regrowth is easy combo to top anybody off.

also while Druid has downsides (can be purged) it also has upsides (his HoTs can’t be interrupted, his HoTs heal when he’s CCed)

Shaman wasting defensive cooldowns and overall stopping to heal to do offensive pressure is stupid?
it’s actually your team that’s stupid if your pressure is so bad that you don’t even manage to force healer to have to heal anything

well, these changes were one of the best in very long time
healer shouldn’t just heal 100% of time and not do anything else as it cost too much mana
you might have warned against that, but that kinda shows how clueless you’re and I wouldn’t really shootout that to world

iam not ok with druids spamming cyclone! case closed

Yeah if you have a full row of hits on the target, if not then it heals for almost nothing.
And with the current state of purge you are forced to play with overgrowth, which kills your mana even faster.
The problem isnt when healers are purging, it becomes a problem when they are paired with another purge class. When you can counter one specc by pressing one button is just idiot proof design. Same as DHs.
I’m all in in resto druid nerfs, but not in a way like this.

Why is whisperer still allowed to still post here? I’m sure not a single person takes him seriously at this point. The guy kept and keeps defending destro locks and now purge spamming (obviously cuz he plays with or a shaman). What a joke.

I have sworn I won’t reply to you anymore, but you’re out of this world. A guy who got his 2.2k in bfa 1st season is trying to prove something. Dude you’ve got no clue about the game. There’s a reason why are you 1.8k with 300 games and it’s not because you understand the game so well.