PvE gear still miles better...?

Skipping the intro here.

With the release of Shadowlands, Blizzard took measures to ensure that PvP gear will be more effective for PvP combat by adding versatility to the majority of conquest gear, only leaving that stat in very few pieces that are attainable through PvE, and giving PvP trinkets a useful 2-set bonus. We all know that.

And yet…

Imgur

This guy is fully PvE-geared, as you can see.

His item level is 217.

Fair enough.
The only problem is…

He still has 23% vers.

That’s higher than every single R1 PvP player in the game right now.

Not only do PvE players get to have a significantly higher item level than PvPers, they also get more of the stat that was especially designed to give PvPers an edge.

What are we going to do about this… inexcusable thing?

Added a new petition due to the interest shown in this issue thus far.
Find it here.

PvP Gear Petition - PVP / Arenas - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

18 Likes

u dont know this guy?

he is high end mythic raider and r1 pvp player

ofc mythic gear right now will be better than pvp

/e i do agree that pvp gearing kinda sucks right now but u cant compare a mythic raider with that

1 Like

u dont know this guy?

he is high end mythic raider and r1 pvp player

ofc mythic gear right now will be better than pvp

/e i do agree that pvp gearing kinda sucks right now but u cant compare a mythic raider with that

But he’s wearing PvE gear for the most part…

3 Likes

Well, good luck doing the Mythic Raid, within 1 Week. Easy right?

1 Like

Hes wearing the best gear available in the Game right now. Of course PvP gear with Conquest limit has no chance on this right now. Theres only a few of these people though.

Well, good luck doing the Mythic Raid, within 1 Week.

The Mythic raid is by far a lesser achievement than R1 PvP, and even if we leave that aside, top end gear from one type of content shouldn’t be better than the top end gear that was designed to be the best in it’s sphere.

They literally said that’s what they were trying to do.

6 Likes

The thing is he also got extremly lucky with Loot. I have done twice Castle Nathria on Normal and got a total of 3 Loot Pieces which only 1 was useful for PvP. In Heroic i got 1 Piece so far that is completly useless for me in PvP.

Per Boss only 3 Piece of Loot per 20 Players, so yeah no. Im very happy how gearing for PvP is.

He is the biggest nolife in the whole scene.

This guy is playing in AWC and in world first race.

He quit MDI because in early BFA he competed in all of them. There is also “DR” on stats. Once you reach 25% every point of versatility over cap will give you less than before so there is no point to stack it as much as possible. 25% would be soft cap probably.

3 Likes

Adding pure resilience again could be a thing imo. PvP gear would be ok in pve and good in pvp.
At the same time pve gear would be good in pve and ok in pvp.

5 Likes

So you are complaining that Player who get 2400+ rating , done multiple split raids to get extra loot, is in worldfirst raid run and was nolifing in m+ as well as got few mln gold do get all BoE he need , have better gear then people who do only PvP ?

4 Likes

Problem is not that PvP Gear is bad, in fact it gets really good, if you are full geared and high rating. 233 Gear for 2400 and 226 for 2100.

It just takes way longer than PvE gear to assemble.

2 Likes

I’d say if there was no such time gating and 200 ilvl would get unlocked this reset - we are fine. We are still behind but not that much. The true problem is time gating honor gear updates with Renown. 22nd Renown for 200 ilvl is just miserable considering conquest cap being 550.

3 Likes

Your example is a 0.01% fully committed competitive tryhard, who also got lucky with versa drops lol

I actually took time to browse for versa gear in all dungeons and CN - there are very few versa pieces actually. Check yourself.

Any dedicated PvPer will have better pvp gear in SL. People already got their 226 / 233 items from chests, and will get more next reset. Some will get lucky with 233 weapons even.

Something no mythic castle nathria raider can even dream of, yet.

1 Like

Don’t worry, relax, pvp vendors will be fixed in 5-6 months (maybe).

3 Likes

did OP really just link a picture of Trill, who’s in Limit (a world first raiding guild) and a blizzcon arena winner (thus making him prolly one of the best players in the world in both pvp and pve) to cry about pvp gear?

KEKW

1 Like

did OP really just link a picture of Trill, who’s in Limit (a world first raiding guild) and a blizzcon arena winner (thus making him prolly one of the best players in the world in both pvp and pve) to cry about pvp gear?

KEKW

Did this guy really not note that the point of that link was to show how even though Trill, who’s in a world first raiding guild, wears PvE gear, he still has more of the stat that was designed to bridge the item level gap for PvPers?

NOT KEKW.

2 Likes

Had a game against a random fire mage with 217 ilvl and an owl with similar ilvl on 2k mmr. Both me and my mate just got oneshot in 1 second. The fact that this is even possible, no matter how good the player is or how rare it is, is ridiculous. Completely lost my motivation to keep queuing. I have 196 ilvl and if I’m lucky I might increase it to 198 next week.

4 Likes

yep this is a bit annoying, I’m currently trying to hit duelist in 2s for the next vault, and all the dudes I queue into have at least 200+ item level and usually a 220 weap. pretty annoying to have to play perfectly around 2k to win against fotm players who don’t even time their nines to even have a chance to win. here I am sitting with a 184 weapon because I need a staff and for only conquest items a chest and a non-bis ring. I know it should go better as the season unveils because in the end any rival will end up in 220s but still. For now in 2s starting 1900/2000 mmr it’s literally a wall of fotm comps / pve geared dudes / bfa pve gladiators with 0 awareness

I’m still on 191 mate. Been playing consistently, and a lot. Don’t have my weapon yet because 3 weeks in still has me 150 CP short, and I’ve been getting 1 piece per week (2 item levels) ever since I hit 184, heroic raid piece from the weekly aside.

Meanwhile PvE players…

Had a game against a random fire mage with 217 ilvl and an owl with similar ilvl on 2k mmr. Both me and my mate just got oneshot in 1 second. The fact that this is even possible, no matter how good the player is or how rare it is, is ridiculous. Completely lost my motivation to keep queuing. I have 196 ilvl and if I’m lucky I might increase it to 198 next week.

do not buy your weapon with cp. that’s the dumbest thing you could possibly do. buy the cheapest cp items you can get first and wait for the rest to pop up in your vault.

1 Like