PvP balancing is dumb for people that gear their character

If i am 480ilv i should be able to one shot someone that is 350ilv, if you want to make the game even more meaningless and ‘‘inclusive’’ just remove gear altogether and have it be just cosmetic. The guy that does LFR shouldn’t expect to beat people that play the game as i don’t expect Mythic Raiding gear because i don’t play at that high of a level. At this point in the expansion BG spamming is how a lot of people play the game and it’s silly seeing people with literally 300k hp less than you just surviving 4-5 globals and run arround ccing you, if these people were getting 1 shotted like they should they wouldn’t be joining BGs till they are stronger and actually play the game past tutorial levels of difficulty. These are the same people that didn’t like it when TF got taken out because they can’t get random proc 30 ilvls more from a world q.

8 Likes

should have 430 ilvl+ not 350

havent met anyone who enjoys this mysterious scaling , probs i am just that lucky, but have an impression that it is universally hated system
hope it will get redesigned or removed in SL. making people feel gear progression is useless isnt very healthy for this genre imho

4 Likes

Scaling is necessary. Without scaling, after a certain threshold, people just have zero chance of winning which makes a lot of people lose interest in pvp altogether.

However, scaling must be done right. The current version that makes you weaker with sockets and allows a naked dude to one shot 470 people, etc?

That’s terrible.

Personally, The only scaling i want to see is something like this.

Anything below 430 ilvl is boosted to 430 or some other ilvl depending on the numbers.

Anything higher, gets stronger and stronger as you gear up.

4 Likes

PvP should not even be gear based, it removes any “skill” needed if all you need is just to out gear the other person.

12 Likes

thats for fps games, not mmo
but now I know there other pro scaling folks

4 Likes

No. Pvp scaling should never again allow that.
Or a pvp stat should be reintroduced holding the pve oneshots at bay.

5 Likes

what if it’s a purely pvp almost one shots?
Can pvp only players have gear progression?
or templates are the only answer? 0_o

Imagine hitting someone for 100k, but they lose 10k hp because of scaling.

Now imagine what rextroy did, hitting someone for 180k but they lose ~500k hp.

Scaling ruins the game, plain and simple, it’s a bad solution.

Templates are another bad solution.

If I want to be a crit rogue I should be able to be a crit rogue, not forced to whatever stats blizzard sticks on me.

Removing gear from PvP also removes customization from the game.

Part of PvP skillsets is setting up your gear for various situations ( rogue’s on you? equip a shield )

Power difference between gear is fine, it’s an RP element and part of the progression cycle.

Only difference we have now is, you can never reach a real gear cap and as a PvPer, reaching high item levels through PvP only is almost impossible.

7 Likes

The current form of scaling sucks, because it displays random information to each player and because it is unknown as to how stats work in it and leads to a guessing game. It should be clear what stats you have and how your character works.

But the idea of narrowing the gap, that is not bad at all. No, you should not one shot anyone in pvp. They should always have a fighting chance. Gear should not win the game for you, player skill should always be the primary deciding factor.

8 Likes

Imagine fresh 120 Alliance alt with WM in 8.3 getting one-shot by every single geared horde player. The Faction imbalance would get even worse.

6 Likes

balance issue.

Sure, let me tell you about MoP where base pvp resilience was a thing and in the last 2 pvp seasons oneshot didn’t really exist in rated pvp environment.

As Redoctober said the current form of scaling isn’t clear enough to understand, but it is also simple enough to abuse if this makes sense and pve gear doesn’t help it at all.

2 Likes

The problem is if we had stat-customization, most of specs would go haste/versa, and some specs would benefit from stacking versa more than others.

If you have bad gear you shouldn’t even be winning, you shouldn’t have a chance either. The entire purpose of the game is to make your character better/stronger so you kill stuff quicker(or heal targets better / take more damage) and that should include other players.

This hand-holding nonsense scaling(or templates) is just bad.

If you get killed by a better geared player it should incentive you to get better gear yourself, not to cry about balance. Similarly, getting beaten by a more skilled player incentives you to get better yourself.

All the tools you need to get better gear are there, it just isn’t instant and it shouldn’t be.

11 Likes

but… its 2020 man this is what people do now

why bother putting in effort to become better or get better gear when you can just cry about it and get your way

2 Likes

This sentence translates as: Scaling is bad, cus I can’t oneshot anyone with my mythic gear.

You say it as if double taping doesn’t happen currently.

Fixed your poor translation

The only reason to enjoy having no scaling and being able to kill people who can’t fight back is if YOU ENJOY ALL THE KILLING, SNAKE.

Disagree.

Bad scaling ruins the game. If it worked as intended it would be fine.

1 Like

Metal Gear reference!

2 Likes