PvP balancing is dumb for people that gear their character

pvp scaling is absolutely absurd in its current state, im fine with some amount of scaling but generally the person with better gear should have an edge, thats the whole point of an MMO

1 Like

This is exactly how it should work. High-end players should one shot every new max lvl with like one ability . . .

They will have chance if they train enough. In WoW this means to get gear.

PvP scaling is a bad thing in game. It only gives to players without skill or propper preparation to PvP world false feeling of being good. This will make from them only worse players without need to improve themself in game itself . . .

Still that all is only one step away from PvE scaling be real thing where new leveled characters will be better than high-end geared. Why would you go into raids or M+ when your char is best right now as fresh max lvl?

1 Like

I will watch it later, ty.

And what would you gain from such thing? Would your virtual pp grow or what am I missing here?
What is so important in oneshots?

And without scaling bad players with gear can feel superior where they would have no chance otherwise.
I don’t like the current scaling either but if I had to choose between no scaling at all or this one I’d choose this one, no doubt as it gives a fighting chance.

It is reward for all your hard work.

If situation was like you say in past, we would not have soo much videos about how low geared skilled players kill overgeared players or skilled players in gear go to 1 vs x.

You have chance if you are good if you are bad you should to get owned. Simple as that.

If i will win only bcs of some system, what i will learn from it? How i should learn from my mistakes to get better?

I’d rather have a hard duel with someone equally good/bad as I am than oneshot them.
Easy win gets boring fast.

And how do you counter oneshots? :slight_smile:
The current system is there to prevent that (I know its far from perfect).
You will not gain insane damage or immortality but a few globals to react and fight back, but you’re still behind on gear.

But that would kill Warmode stone dead. It was hard enough playing my alt as it is now with groups of bored Hordes ganking lowbies in BfA zones. I don’t have two hours to complete a Faction Assault.

Scaling is a symptom. The sickness is the gear bloat. Scaling exists because the gear gap is insane. At 480 ilvl you have 6-7 times more HP than someone who just dinged 120 and you’re oneshotting them. This opens up the game to griefing and so scaling is introduced to curb that. Fine.

So in order to fix the scaling we need to do the following - remove LFR and normal raid, keep only heroic and mythic. There can’t be more than 2 raid gear tiers. Remove M+ and keep only heroic and mythic dungeons.

In Shadowlands, you’ll start at ilvl 100 and move to ilvl 233 in just one gear season. That is a 130% increase in gear and the power growth is kinda exponential.

However, if you remove all the unnecessary difficulties you can have questing drop ilvl 110, dungeons 115, heroic dungeons 120, mythic dungeons and heroic raids 125 and mythic raid 130. You’ll have a decent advantage over someone who isn’t geared, but you won’t have an entire expansion’s power in just a few months.

So yes - remove scaling, but also fix the core problem that made scaling a necessity in the first place.

how about we remove heroic and mythic? theyre done by far less players and the latter is irrelevant to begin with

for m+ just caps the highest amount of ilvl at the raid max and let people push for keys based on skill instead of continuously showering them with gear (they can get cosmetic rewards too)

the core problem is unnecessary difficulties, but you have it the wrong way around

its not about the one-shots, its about how you went through the effort of making your character stronger and being able to one-shot freshly dinged players is just a bonus

it is and always has been to make yourself stronger and better to do better against other geared players, why in the hell should freshly dinged people even be considered in this… GO GET GEAR AND COME BACK its not that hard

with your logic we might aswel remove gear from raiding too, just scale everyone up

1 Like

In an MMO with a prominent pvp scene like BDO where the endgame is pvp, exclusively, having easy PVE content to get the gear is fine. Not having challenging endgame content would lead to lead players unsubbing from the game, because they’d be bored, and after they go, many others will follow.

I say remove normal, because heroic is about as hard as normal SHOULD be, and Mythic is good last difficulty where you can feel you’re done with the game once you clear it.

Decisions shouldn’t be made based on popularity and statistics. This mentality is what put WoW in its current place. Look at WoW’s best years. Raid participation was low. In fact, if you look around you’ll find plenty of articles and videos discussing game design and saying how genius old WoW’s design was in keeping players engaged.

There’s a reason why I said mythic dungeons (m+ not existing) and heroic raids should drop the same level gear. That way, gear will be available to everyone. But the people who raid will get gear faster, and then you’ll have those who do the final difficulty raid getting a small, but still decent advantage.

No, its a stupid mechanic that was with us for 10+ years when it had no place in an rpg at all, like ever.
IF we consider the rpg element of the game wearing magical armor that Increases your fireballs’ damage to the point where it oneshots your enemies take into account that others can wear magical armor that reduces your fireballs’ damage to a much lower number.
If we don’t care about the rpg part then gear progression is there, its just slower against players.
Case closed.

you dont get roleplaying games then, case closed indeed

Honestly, gear shouldnt matter in PvP. Legion had it right but ya’ll cried about it cause you wanted to exploit the system.
Careful what you wish for. When you want pvp to be determined by gear instead of skill, weird things are meant to happen.

3 Likes

What this guy said should pretty much end the discussion right there.

If you don’t agree with this 110%, you’re most likely playing the wrong game.

I’ve been playing tabletop rpgs for over 2 decades and pc rpgs since d2 LoD.
I think we have very different opinions about what rpg is if it holds oneshotting enemy players for you.

I predicted this thread.

You guys are massively annoying.

Your thing is PvE, don’t start ruining PvP even further, thanks.

I’m sure it doesn’t matter if scaling is removed. 5v1 always lose anyway

1 Like

you just keep harping on about one-shots like thats the only thing that happens

just because you fight with no honor doesnt mean everyone does

see, we can both project

It is the only thing that bothers me in this topic AND this is the true opinion of OP: oneshots should happen once one acquired the lootz.
My opinion differs from yours and I write it down on the forums, how surprising, right?

Sure, but 5v1 with scaling I can at least kill a mob or two before I die. If I’m dying 1v1 from a single shot then like I say things like Faction Assaults become impossible. Or say I team up with a bunch of other fresh 120s and some solo Horde 480 ilvl is just trolling us taking us out non-stop for half an hour. Scaling makes Warmode possible for the minority faction.