PvP Complaints

A lot and I do mean a LOT of players rolled PvP that just shouldn’t have. Classic != Vanilla and it never was going to be, players know a lot more and there’s no “patch cycle” . I’m in a constant state of bewilderment how so many people didn’t expect the non-stop ganking and single faction dominance, it has been a common theme in wow that has been growing since day dot, it was just in it’s very early stages in the initial patches of “vanilla” ! I’d concede that the server sizes haven’t helped but this was made public knowledge along with cross-realm BGs. So i refute any claim that this was Blizzard’s fault, all the information was made available and very clear.

I’m afraid all the posts and arguments won’t change this and you have only three options, make your way off a PvP server (either by re-rolling or some form of transfer), quit the game on keep going. There’s just no way blizzard are going to “force” an equal number of players on each faction.

I and others did all we could to try and prevent players from rolling PvP see :-

I’ve even suggested another proposal

I’m not sure there’s much more i/we could have done?

You see it’s frustrating beyond my capacity to iterate to spend time and effort telling a group of people not to do something, only to have them do it, then start complaining about it citing the issues we spoke about.

Look it’s only a game, no one is actually “dieing” it’s just an investment of time, just make your way off PvP servers, i’ll reiterate “There’s just no way blizzard are going to “force” an equal number of players on each faction.”

6 Likes

It’s a good post - common sense - folk won’t like it - hard truths

PvP is PvP - don’t like it - go PvE

Blizz will not touch the game mechanics or try to balance login between alliance and Horde in PvP

They won’t introduce quasi war mode solutions - they won’t force migrations - though they may merge servers

Folk should stop complaining about a basic system of PvP which they chose to play within

1 Like

To be fair this is not what anyone expected, huge imbalance in factions. Ali constantly in 10v1 with horde.
It would of been fun if it were equal faction amounts or close to equal. But this is ridiculous, when one faction cannot play the game at all, this isn’t even pvp. It’s like having a warsong gulch with 10 players vs 1 player and calling that “fair pvp” and that 1 player should never complain about it because they queued up for warsong. They didn’t know it was going to be 10v1 or they wouldn’t of queued and entered. I’m lucky on my server my faction is the dominant one but I can certainly understand why the lower faction getting ganked 24/7 are quiting or transfering.

World of Warcraft Classic

If you do not wish to engage in regular PvP combat in Classic, select a Player versus Environment (PvE) realm.

PvE realms offer a limited and structured environment for PvP encounters. Players on PvE realms can actively choose when they wish to engage in PvP combat by enabling or disabling their PvP flag at will.

The following actions may be considered dishonorable but are considered legitimate PvP tactics and will not be addressed by our Game Master staff:

• Corpse camping.
  • Tricking players into getting flagged for PvP (i.e. jumping in the middle of another player’s area effect spell).
  • Killing players well below your level.
2 Likes

It doesn’t matter. I can guarantee you if you have a 50/50 perfect ratio realm without BG, the complain will be exactly the same :

• Bus destroy me.
  • I can’t play the game.
  • I can’t level up.
  • I’m getting camped and griefed.
  • Rogue camp me on Menethil boat or Kargath tunnel.
  • It’s not World PvP.
  • 45mn to go into a dungeon with 7-10 corpse run.

This is Vanilla (well, Classic, but with the same mechanic), this is how the game is played. There’s no 1vs1 in the world.

1 Like

Actually a lot of people did and were vocal about it to anyone who would listen.

1 Like

Sorry, but you’re wrong there. People expected, and others predicted quite accurately, faction imbalances.

No one, not even Blizzard from the Forbes interview Ion did it would seem, expected server populations to be higher than a well populated Vanilla server, when the ‘tourists’ left. Currently some servers are several times higher than that which in turn allows the dominant faction to camp everywhere.

Bgs come out tomorrow, stop these topics ffs…

Awww, he believes BGs will cure the ganking, how sweet.

10 vs 1 imbalance doesn’t exist on any server. Ashbringed is balanced and alliance are / were dominating. I was getting ganked everywhere. It felt like they were at least twice as many, which isn’t true.

The way out of this is to fix the underlying problem, ie total population, not attacking the symptoms. Even with a 50/50 split ashbringer has in many ways been unplayable (for me) in the normal sense. I’m fine with this though. My choice. However I believe the wow classic world cannot support this many players, and it was never designed to.

Ganking happened a lot back in the day as well but every zone wasn’t filled with people since there were less players. It was manageable.

Because it will help, to some degree atleast. Bgs are way more efficient and consistant for honor farming. Not as many ppl will be in the world ganking because there is a better option. Ofc some will still do it in ques, but way less. Also, on horde heavy servers no alliance gank squads will be around because of instaques and therefore way less alliance ppl to kill in the world which means world pvp honor is even worse and more inconsistant as it is now.

Be calm, ppl will reroll, transfer or quit for good. Then can be smart a** and keep dueling for any kind of pvp. I love seeing wait bg will fix it :grinning: why i have to wait, to entertain u in my corps running? Allready cancelled sub. Wont pay for waiting or corps running or staying in ironforge cuz takes more then hour to take to MC. Gl hf and i hope all ally leave transfer or reroll. Cant wait for post where u start crying thats there is nothing to do, no ally left :grinning:

1 Like

Pirate servers have changed the way people play “Classic”. Blizzard have not taken this into account and just made #nochanges servers. I don’t think reducing the population that can log in will change their mindset.

We seem to disagree, I think most players aren’t doing it to get Honour, but to annoy the other faction and have something to do.

That is definitely not true on mograine atleast. I only met people who aim for a certain rank. Most aim for 7-10 and some for 12-14.
I think it is a minority of ppl who pvp just to annoy other players. A minority which can be dealt with easily if you have some decent pvpers on your faction.

I thought good Alliance PvP players was an oxymoron.

There are certainly some decent alliance pvpers out there, but mostly a minority in the sea of bad (I try to sheep druids in travelform) mages and wet noodle swinging retardins.

Pirate servers have changed the way people play “Classic”. Blizzard have not taken this into account and just made #nochanges servers. I don’t think reducing the population that can log in will change their mindset.

That is true so it’s not a 1 to 1. The difference was also that when honor and pvp gear was added you had to keep the rank to keep the gear. It wasn’t a good way to gear. The incentive to rank early wasn’t there for most.

This is a shameless bump as

So to satisfy my curiosity can some PvP players explain to me how this happend?

Typical for horde players to say just get on with it. i dare anyone on the horde to go roll an alliance charcter and lvl to 60. oh wait bgs are out now nevermind!

Anyone that thinks unbalanced servers are fine should roll an Alliance on Shazzrah and stay there

1 Like