PvP/Griefing fine line

So i understand that PvP and killing ‘‘lowbies’’ can have some real incentive, if we were in phase 2, a lvl 60 killing lvl 50s would have an actual objective, since those lvl 50s reward honor upon being killed.

But how is a lvl 60 in full raid gear graveyardcamping people in a lvl 40 zone in phase 1 not considered griefing? I mean there is 0 objective to be gathered from BUT the intention of ruining the gameplay experience for other players.

I fully understand killing lowbies for honor, because well it’s easy honor, but when there is NO goal to PvP except ruining the game for other players how is it not considered griefing?

3 Likes

It is the only way some people can feel that they are cool and unbeatable.

Because inside everyone of these low lvl ganker is a little girl that got feared around too much by a warlock and must now compensate by killing those that are no threat.

6 Likes

Ignoring the reasons behind ganking lowbies, it’s not considered griefing because there’s a PvP solution. That’s not an opinion either, it’s the official stance.
It really is as simple as that.

Personally, I enjoy players trying to gank me sometimes. A little extra excitement and action.

3 Likes

Just play on a PvE server. You’ll still get the quality PvP in BGs, but you’ll avoid all the psycho killer wannabees.

5 Likes

PvP server = Prison rules.

There were topics like this in 2005 and now they keep popping up again. I’m not sure what you guys expected. That it would all be different this time around? That people wouldn’t be a$$ holes? That Blizz would save you?

So to summarize:

• PvP Server = Prison rules
  • People are a$$ holes

Do with that what you will.

5 Likes

I call it payback whenever i log my main to kill some hordes (nomatter their level). Ganking my alt while trying to level… pff

1 Like

Because griefing via PvP isn’t an actual thing to Blizzard. Unless you’re doing it from a rooftop or camping the flight master they don’t give a damn.

1 Like

Circle of Ganking.

Don’t overthink it. If I’m not levelling, neither are they.

Some people simply doesnt have anything else to do in their lifes.

You can keep whining about it and making threads about it but it will necer change. Like it havent to this day

Sometimes killing lowbies fishing for white knights is what starts wPvP. I tended to play the white knight role, but I always needed the villain. So call yourself bait, cry like a maiden and hope there is someone nowadays willing to help.

p.s. two lev 40+ can take the average ganker lev 60. Its not like BFA where you are not even a critter to them. So get any help, use pots, and l2p.

2 Likes

If someone’s ganking you, shout out for other players in the zone or guildies to come rescue you and beat the ganker. It is doable. As said above, multiple lower level players can kill a much higher level player.

Ganking is an integral part of the game, like it or not.
(If not… play on a pve server?)

1 Like

because its their own fault to get ganked

Me and and a friend took down a 60 lock waiting for his ZG raid when we were in the high 30’s. Granted, we were sitting in the same room and we both died, but he got humiliated. His guildies didn’t even help when they arrived. They just mocked him. :slightly_smiling_face:

So it is indeed very possible for a few lowbies to take out a higher level.
So far in classic, me and another player killed a 35ish priest while we were about 25ish, and I killed a 60 mage (who was backed up by a 30 something warrior) when I was about level 40. Just waited until he was low on mana, Viper Sting’d him, and nuked. Only worked once, but still…
A group of 5 30s also killed me and 2 (maybe 3) 30s earlier that day a few times, simply by working together better.
Banding together works very well.

2 Likes

It’s just a big circle…

You level up your char, people within the opposing faction kill you alot, sometimes camp you.

Once you get high enough level you seek revenge, although it’s unfortunate for the randoms who receive it

Get camped kid

It’s a PvP realm, go figure it out for yourself. If you can’t then think on this “if it’s red it’s dead”

4 Likes

Well, because it’s fun.

I do not actually condone this kind of stuff, but it is the reason why people do it. A fully geared out level 60 is someone who rushed through all the content and is now bored out of his mind with the game, so instead of actually doing something useful with their lives they go take out their frustration on people who can’t defend themselves.

Pretty standard human behaviour.

Pvp servers aren’t for everyone. It’s cut throat. Kill or be killed. A lion doesn’t care what the rabbit thinks hehe.

Wrong.

I am fully geared but I don’t kill lowbies.

Griefing/torturing humans or animals is not “standard human behavior”. It is a mental illness and people who have it are called sociopaths and the illness itself “antisocial personality disorder”.

2 Likes