PvP Hotfixes Incoming - Feb. 13

This makes totally sense if every healer had the same HPS output.
But hey, its not like this? So all the calculation is pretty much useless.
Plus some spells cost more/less mana compared to other healers so only looking at the math calculation for “mana efficiency” in theory isn’t gna bring us anywhere.

2 Likes

HPS is unaffected by nerf. Nerf was only to mana.
So relevant factor is only Heal per mana. As for that, it’s 10% buff for Disc.

Also it’s not enough to say my logic doesn’t work. You have to support it, I gave you mathematical proof. If you think it doesn’t work, give me counter-example.

1 Like

Good changes but poor rdruid got nerfed more than others.

It is not true, here is why. Before this fix, disc mana regen was nerfed by 15%, and all other healers was 30% ( and still, disc was oom-ing the fastest ).

But what is important is that disc had 15% LOWER mana nerf than other classes.

Now disc has 5-10% LOWER mana nerf compared to other classes. So basically, disc got nerfed by that amount.

Pls try thinking out of the box, and you will figure it out :wink:

2 Likes

I don’t trust vague crappy patch notes blizzard gives and they always sneak in a few stealth nerf/buffs. Let’s see how things play out in practice.

Look at NA forums :smiley:

Oh you want an easy to understand example?
Lets consider your mathematical mana changes with an in theory costing healing spell from class A which costs 100k mana and heals for 10% HP.
On paper class A would do fine since it has the same mana regen than any other healer, right? But if you look at their toolkit plus the mana the spells cost and how much heal it actually grants all the mana efficiency logic is useless.
Yes this is an extreme example but yet there are many differences in spell mana costs plus the hps they give. Having a slightly higher mana regen than any other specc sounds fine but if you only do half their HPS it seems stupid.

2 Likes

that’s valid concern, then you’re right

this is not how math works though
15% / 30 % is not 15%
they actually had 50% lower mana nerf if your preposition is correct

It’s actually 10-23% lower mana nerf.

Short explanation why your exact maths is wrong
15% + 15% is not 30%
15% + 100% is 30%
30% - 15% is not 15%
30% - 50% is 15%

But your point stands, Discs were nerfed then.

1 Like

(Oops, it seems Profi covered what i said earlier)

Adding to Supnerds, before the current nerfs mana regen for Resto was reduced by 30% and for priest was 15 % meaning that there was a difference of 15 % in favor of the priest. Now They are 55% to 45% meaning 10 % in favor of the priest. Priests were struggling with mana a lot more then druids before, now it will be even worse as the gap is closing and the difference is not longer 15% but 10%…

Okay, you’re telling me I am wrong and it’s not heal per mana that matters but HPS matter by showing me example of how much healing (10% HP) some spell does per mana (100k mana)

There is literally no point in your paragraph that mentions TIME.
HPS is heal per second. Time is relevant factor then.
So you defeated yourself. Saying HPS matters, but in your example, you have disproven yourself showing that HPS doesn’t matter, but heal per mana matters.

Which actually, is what I was saying originally and what you tried to prove wrong and failed.

They nerfed nourish cost for druids by an additional 30% on top of mana regen nerfs. Nourish was the highest HPS and most efficient heal druids had.

This is not how maths works.

55% vs 45% is not the same difference as for example 30% vs 20%.
And no, it’s not 10% difference in any of those cases.

disc was ooming fast > will oom even faster. idk what the discussion is even about

3 Likes

You just make me laugh here man :smiley:
For couple of posts in a row you make no sense, however you still try to speak like you are professor teaching math in university?

If base Mana per 5 sec is 1000 nerfing it with 55% means it goes down to 450 MP5
Same case lowering it with 45 % means it goes down to 550 MP
The difference in 450 and 550 = 100 MANA PER 5 which is 10% out of 1000!
Same example for 30% and 20%
700 MP5 vs 800 MP5 = 100 MP5 which is equal to 10 %
Dont know where you studied math but you should go back to school ?

Priest can do the most dmg, so other healer have to heal more.shammy without constant chaotic purge,purge,purge was all right with mana,monk can heal almost with no mana. Druid on top of that got nourish mana nerfed. Palas has never ending mana. At the moment feels good changes.

Do I have to say more?
Thanks for the disc buff.
Without you I was feeling like ooming even faster but that was probably my imagination.

3 Likes

i say maybe whisperer should talk about his own mana. lets bring mana tap back into the game maybe

Yea, I don’t understand why disc priests do not understand they should not be doing same amount of healing when they bring consistent dps.

Maybe dmg would be relevant in 2’s , however you barely will see any disc in 3v3 that has top healing attonment… Most cases will be shadow ment where it costs 3% base mana…

1 Like

everyone is affected. druids cannot root or cyclone or even thorn whenever. every spell counts now. clone is damn expensive.