PvP Items were unable to purchase because PvP Rank Bug

Hi Blizzard,

following the bug with the missing PvP Rank update you guys discovered a few days ago i’d like to ask if there is something planned to compensate these players which weren’t able to purchase the items for their newest rank?

I know it’s impossible to determine every bug-ridden player, but would it be possible to put up a new npc in orgrimmar which sells the items for gold based on your max rank you currently have (after the ranks are fixed) (much like the old vendors, which sold different pieces)
I personally grinded to R11 to buy all PvP Mounts for gold, but wont buy them now since they cost 30 marks of each bg for every mount.

Hopefully you guys could work something out to make up for that bug.
I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Best

This needs more attention. I specifically got my alt to rank 8 on the last week in 59s to get a small leg up on gear, but wasn’t able to buy it because of the randomly chosen rank updates.

Thanks for the rank update, but could you please do something with the items we weren’t able to purchase? :slight_smile:

Best

We do need some reimbursement for the affected players whether they spent marks or raw gold like me to buy mounts or gear. Spending those 640 gold for a mount because of the bug is really big for me, and I would like something in return.

i would also like to get some information about that since gm have apparently zero clue about this issue, how that is possible i dont know since there were hundreds of posts on it but the ticket response i got was basically :

we got no insight into honor system or calculations and cant verify wether its bugged or not, if you used a tool to predict honor it might have shown something inaccurate, be sure to talk with your fellow players for how classic honor functions, if that doesnt clear things up post in bug report forums if anythings wrong it would affect the playerbase at large and QA woudl have to investigate and apply a fix"

summed up, unfortunately that wasnt even what i asked in my ticket but i wanted to know about the items and mounts/riding skill that players could not obtain because their rank update on patch day was faulty and since they have applied a fix for the ranks and aknowledged there was an issue but not given information on recompensation for those affected.

not sure if i should laugh or cry about that kind fo response that doesnt even adress my question, so the only way to get some response is if enough people push this matter until they can be bothered to comment on this topic, however long that may take

Keep making tickets, demanding the items you deserve to have!

been over 7 years people yelling at blizzard to get their red pvp weapon enchant because they had it before the thing was mog able accountwide but couldnt do it with their version…

So goodluck.

my last ticket got this response :

First thing I checked was if any new bug reports have been sent in about this problem. Often, if an issue is widespread we will find multiple instances where players are reporting the same things on the forums, twitter or through tickets. It does not appear that this is a known issue currently, which means we will need to forward your concerns along to our Quality Assurance and Development department.

For transparency sake, bug reports are not directly handled by GM’s because there are technical limitations beyond our control, and these issues require QA and the Devs intervention. This is not to say that GM’s cannot assist with in game bugs that are widespread or have known workarounds. That simply means that if we find a workaround for a bug, we can relay that information back to you.

In this case, that is not an option because it has not been reported up and/or there are no known workarounds for it yet. I would highly recommend you sending up you own concerns in a bug report because the more information they get about the bug the faster it will be fixed! As well as if any other fellow gamers you know are experiencing this issue too. Having them comment on your bug report will speed up the process. "

“it does not appear to be a known issue” what exactly are these x amount of people in forum that have reported this issue?
this translates for me into Quality Assurance and Development department couldnt be bothered to add it to the list but apparently spamming bug reports and forum posts is supposed to help…

i appreciate the Gm checking if this issue is currently under “Bug reports” but i have lost all faith into blizzard caring about equal player treatment and compensation for those affected for the mess they made since they havent even aknowledged the issue that was caused by the faulty rank update and since most people are happy now with their rank the complaints will go down and i expect they´ll sweep it under the rug.

Gotta say i´m exceptionally disappointed to see that kind of issue not taken serious by them

My expectations after returning to this game not so long ago after this prepatch experience have certainly been… dampened, to put it lightly.

its sad but alot of people gave up at this point

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.