PvP on PvP Realms - Whats the world coming to

That’s been a thing in PvP games and MMOs since the dawn of time and it’s something that’s virtually impossible to fix without gimping or completely removing PvP altogether.
The people who are complaining about it are either totally new to the genre or had unrealistic or naive ideals on what classic PvP would be like.

2 Likes

The problem is the massive server population cap and unbalanced horde/ally ratios.

3 Likes

You’re argument fails since you’re on the winning team.

2 Likes

What Alathena said above is right on the money.
Max Server pops are 3-4 times the size they were in Vanilla. The world hasn’t changed size. We have so many people now crammed into the same space as 15 years ago.
Sadly the Imbalance is quite telling along with Horde seemingly having a lot more defensible positions: for example their base of operations in WPL is the Bulwark I I think (correct me if I am wrong) which is not contensted territory where as the Alliance has Chillwind camp inside the plaguelands and completely open to flightpath griefing.

I chose a PvP server to have a semblence of honourable combat (hence the name of the system) not to be spawn camped at the flightpath on my own by a raid of horde for an hour or have a group of horde on our ships where we have 0 guards, killing us several times a ride.

I would recommend transfers from PvP servers to fresh PvE servers. People can then move away from the griefing and leave it to the people that like that sort of thing.

You’re another one of those toxic people who think a PVP server is one specific thing. It’s not. A post phase 2 Classic server is nothing like it was back in Vanilla. Servers at many times larger than they were back in Vanilla and there’s only so many place for people to farm honor because the server has so many people on it. PVP is only fun when you win and back in Vanilla you won some and you lost some and it was fun. In classic there’s very little winning for people who are just trying to get stuff done.

And here you are whining about something you don’t have to read. You don’t like people complaining about not having any fun? Don’t read it.

You clearly don’t understand the issue, it’s not the occasional annoyance it’s the constant inability to get anything done. It’s not being able to quest, farm, get into dungeons, or even PVP.

The fix is as easy as opening up new servers and moving entire guild to them to make server populations smaller.

Blizz was on board with the “no changes” crowd, but completely ignored server size.

Oooh - so angry - grow up

This isn’t a complaints department run by Blizz - it’s a forum

probly a lot of ppl on a pvp realm because

• their friends rolled there
  • their guild rolled there

If you are not careful you are gonna get zone sharding like in BfA.
They got enough complaints on spy and nerfed it.
See what happens hehe! :slight_smile:

Just wait till bgs are open, and read loads of whining threads about horde queue, its gonna be interesting…

I am a bit surprised seeing all these people complain about the state of pvp on pvp realms. Why? Because it has always been like this.

In games where you have wpvp it has never been about fair play. Whenever you have the upper hand you use it. You cannot expect situations when, let’s say, a group of 5 meets a player of the opposing faction and they just wait until 4 others join that person to have a balanced fight. And even if they did this…they should check the group balance as well…the other group has more healers/casters/etc.

Whatever games I have played with wpvp in it it has always been about the zergs. They cleared the zones and then the opposing faction put together an even bigger zerg group and then they cleared all the zones.

No fair fight involved. Honestly, people want to win and they will use everything to their advantage.

Some people suggest free character transfers: the bad news is these transfers would cause the same faction imbalance. Some people said that new pve servers should be created and people should be able to transfer there for free. I’d say no. Roll a new toon on a pve server then. But: FYI, not all the pve servers are balanced either. So, if you chose the wrong server you may not find enough people to play with.

Faction balance is a kind of a system that Blizz could have used, meaning that in case there are too many players on one faction you could only create characters on the other faction…but people would complain about this a well, e.g: Im a paying customer and my friends play on this server but I cant create a toon on that faction, what kind of service is that?

What I am trying to say here is that this system is a bit messed up and it cannot really be fixed. You should have known what pvp servers are going to be like.

2 Likes

It has never been like this on vanilla servers. Maybe on pservers but I have no experience with that.

A horde saying everything is normal… how original :wink:

Half of the players were genuine whiners and for them the classic now “you think that you do, but you don’t” apples.

For the other half the problem imo is much deeper and its related to the fact that they expected that the old game they join will somehow be managed by the old Blizzard.

But that’s different topic about how servers are now managed by number crunching algorithms and not influenced by players’ (and devs own) experience. The exact same thing that was “improving” retail to the point everyone jumped to classic.

No, its not always been like this.

I think quite many are like me:

I played on a PvP realm in vanilla. It was fun. There where ganking and sometimes camping etc, but not very often. The fun part was raids on cities etc.

It wasn´t a big mindless gankorgy like we have now. So PvP in vanilla was mostly fun, PvP in classic feels mindless and boring and it makes all other activities impossible.

There is a huge difference between the WPvP i experienced in vanilla and what I see now.

1 Like

There are even those who blame an addon for their death even tho they went to a contested zone on a pserv and they seem perfectly ok that the combat log is being compromised and wrecked in return…

Yep this is why Arenas and Battlegrounds were introduced. You want a “fair fight”, you join an instance.
World PvP is every man for himself, every group for themselves, you can be killed by 5 people, or you can team up with 5 others and kill lowbies together.

People pretending PvP has always been like this are either:

• Big fat liars with an agenda (most likely pathetic horde players not wanting to lose their easy honor farming).
  • People with serious long term memory problems - go check for Alzheimer.
  • People who never played Vanilla at all.

TLDR: people whose opinion doesn’t matter because it’s not legit.

3 Likes

Exactly. My mates are a fair bit younger than me, and were all up for PvP. I hadn’t played wow since WotLK. I prefer horde, they prefer alliance.

They rolled alliance on a pvp server. A week later when I had time to start, I followed them. They have all now quit due to the wpvp. I am still “playing”.

Today for example, to do the warlock epic mount quests, I went to Burning Steppes to start the quest chain. Morgan’s Vigil was camped by about 10 horde. Took me 3 resurrections to get to the bottom of the hill. Another 5 to get to the quest NPC. I then HS’d to IF.

2 quests picked up 8 deaths.

I then fly to Wetlands to catch the boat over. About 15 horde there camping the FP. I died 6 times to get on to the boat. Another twice on the boat, but now in Auberdine at least. I fly to Felwood, and guess what, about 6-8 horde camping Talonbranch FP. Died another 6 times trying to get out of there - thanks mountains!

In summary, 3 hours played today. Ganked a total of 20 times, and zero progression apart from picking up 2 quests.

That was a good day too.

1 Like

I’'ll tell you what’s the world coming to
YOU PEOPLE begged Blizzard LITERALLY BEGGED Blizzard to bring this game back without knowing the timeline and mechanics.

YOU PEOPLE ALSO YELLED…LITERALLY YELLED ‘’#DON’T CHANGE ANYTHING’’ ‘‘keep the game original’’.

Well that’s what they did.
Now stay for another cancer month without battlegrounds stay level 54 for ever and leave us alone.

remember this guy who told you ‘‘you think you do but you dont?’’
just asking if anybody remembers that