PVP or Harassment

I have very similar experience, I always played on pvp server in vanilla, tbc and wotlk. However this is the first time I just have to give up and quit playing. The faction balance is bad on our realm and hordes just out run alliance in every single zone. I have not encountered even one duel after honor system, but everytime the battles are 1v5 or worse.

Most alliance villages, such as Morgan’s Vigil in Burning Steppes has been completely conquered by the horde and makes flying there impossible, since you will be stunned and killed within seconds after landing. This same happens on most other places as well, which makes it impossible for alliance to get anywhere near instances in BRM. I tried yesterday to run from Thorium point to BRD, but after 50 minutes I had to give up, cause I had not make it even to the mountain yet. There are people who apparently has some addon, which tells them that there are literally over hundred hordes around there, doing nothing but corpse ganging those who would want to run instances.

I understand that it is nothing personal from the horde, but I am not sure if their goal is to make the game so bad for the alliance players that they would quit playing or stay inside the ironforge walls. It definitely seems so.

1 Like

So if i make a joke about a fat guy and he laughs then it is ok but if i make the same joke over and over again then you will see that he starts to not be ok and that is abuse.
It doesn’t take many neurons to understand that.

1 Like

I do believe a lot of people doesn’t actually understand how honor decay work and that killing anyone more than 4 times are just a waste of time, for both.

I do find it laughable when a faction camps outside a city and kills people over and over again, not realising they’re essentially just wasting time.

perfect prediction :smiley:

In a fair fight (both at 100% hp and out of combat), as a level 50 shadowpriest I still had a chance against a level 60 player, it really, really depends on how well you know your class and how well your opponent knows their class (I know, shadowpriest 1v1? yeah we all know the outcome of that one…). Of cause gear come into consideration, but most PvP in classic is about skill. (Git gud or git ded)
I love world-PvP, sometimes its awesome, some times its hella frustrating since some people are just standing in-front of dungeons or quest giver and camp those locations for “free honor”. But its both sides, both horde and alliance. Most of these problems will be fixed when WSG and AV is released the 10/12. But if you can’t handle the free world at the moment, take a break and wait or find a guild/group that would like to take vengeance upon the opposite faction in Hillsbrad or Winterspring when the PvP-raids are on. Or simply grind dungeons. Yes, you might die on your way there, but its good xp (if youre still leveling) and you’ll get gear.

Guess we get battlegrounds in 20 days :smiley:

Seems like Blizzard knows the pain we are facing.

PvE servers work for that as well, just so you know.

Aibury, please so many people use that comment, tho you form it in a way more respectful way :smile:

There are us (think there is allot of us) we like to be on a pvp realm, we know the risk. But getting ripped apart every 2-4 minutes in game is NOT pvp in our eyes.

3 Likes

If it wasn’t what Blizzard wanted they would do something about it, and moving the BGs forward doesn’t count.

1 Like

How does moving the BG’s forward not count? In my eyes it could help with the pvp problem greatly.

It does not count because he believes it diminishes the power of his statement and he does not like that.

Just because it happends to me it will always be harassment!!! I was bullied enough in school and now they bully me with pvp on a pvp server reeeee

Ey. Im yet another Alliance Cassual player quitting the game untill battlegrounds release.

I am on Shazzrath and there is no place to level, except inside instances. Hordes kill you in their lvl 60 death squads despite your lvl, and camp you till you quit the game. This is my classic experience the last week, and today i finally got enough.

On my second day of corpse-running towards Dire maul to Level up my final 2 lvls to 60, i got camped by a couple of hordes all the way, untill i tried to flee in the water. they sat in the water waiting for me, and i ress-sicknessed on an island, and there i got camped by a full epic Ambush rogue, just farming me from the gy to the boat for an hour or so.

It has turned out to be more of an harassment playing wow since pvp release, especially when the odds are 10 horde to 1 alliance. I used to love world pvp, but this is not any way close to fair odds. You cant call for any alliance help, cause you will allays be outnumbered anyway. And all alliance are just forced to stand inside their main cities. Im sure its fun being on the other side of all of this. Just being able to free-farm people. But im out. GOood Luck Wit dAh! Piece!

Good luck horde.

3 Likes

Servers much larger than the game was designed for is a change.

You and your attitude is part of the problem. Clearly you are on the ganking side and not the gankee side.

It really doesn’t since Vanilla wow’s classes were not balanced. Doesn’t matter how well someone knows how to play a ret paladin they aren’t killing a hunter or frost mage in the open world.

PvP or harassment?
Why not both

Probably harassment due to frustration but the only real solution is to roll the dominant faction on a pvp realm as blizzard has made it impossible for the other one to do anything by creating megaservers.

1 Like

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about, there’s a clear difference between the occasional ganking and literally getting killed everywhere all the time. 36 minutes from the flight point to a quest giver 300 yards away is not engaging PVP. Being unable to quest or farm or level is not engaging game play.

Again you have no idea what you are talking about. The issue isn’t getting killed on a PVP server, to use your BG analogy. It would be like getting into a BG and never getting a single honor point because you’re always dead. There’s no win some lose some situation it’s always on the losing side. No one signed up for overpopulated servers where people are rewarded for killing players and one side has a clear numbers advantage. Get a clue.

i usually kill ppl once, maybe twice.
depending on situation ofcourse, he might deserve it.

on my druid i do the occasionally gank fast you described.
BUT i run circles on the map, i dont wait for this dude to respawn to gank him again straight away !

give him some time, go back in 10-15 mins and kill him again if hes still there (might not even be there anymore)

if i ganked players for like 3 x i just start to avoid them and ignore them, just move on to the next target (unless he attacks you , you defend)

there is no fun in griefing/corpse camping anyways.