PvP Rank Pools Hotfix Coming 14 October

Why dont you listen? you do NOT know better.
even the victorians understood the saying that the customer is always right.
most of your customers are calling this a mistake. Idiots.

well on this topic i saw one good video… NEVER SAY YOUR CUSTEMERS what thy wann, aka you think you do you dont :smiley:
its basic managment knowledge… in any other company managment would be fired…
in my country we had long ago world wide succes bussines man maybe you heeard about " Tomaš Baťa" maybe you wering “his” shoes evne today. And healways said: “our custemer our master (or how to say) and this were 70 year ago … somehow blizzard managment is stuck in 19 century. :smiley: no wonder company shares are constantly droping :smiley:
reading blizz anoucments is always fun. Thy say thy do hot fix but no explaining or no plan for low pop realm no comunication nothing.
Kaivvax is totaly incompetend person… same as customer support whne i asked if this change is added before or after honor update thy werent able to tell anything.
When i asked what thy will do if soem on low realm abuse system by blockign bracked 1 after he get r 14. He said " i dont uderstand your question” he had no clue how rank system work.

Damn I’m so disappointed in Blizzard right now…

How can you be so out of touch with your community. How on earth can you decide to make such a huge change affecting all ranking players so sudden after it being in the game for more then 8(!!) months!

About 4 months months ago I decided, I wanted to rank up and I was dreaming about at least rank 13. Finally getting my hands on my that gear that was untouchable 15 year ago, and now it seems it might still be… I started off fairly casual and since one month I have stepped up a notch, playing for more then 30-50 hours weekly to get to the specific bracket caps. Finally after all those months I am one week away from rank 13, and then this “hotfix” gets announced. I am playing on a very small realm but with quite a few dedicated PvPers around my rank, more than there are spots in Br13 and Br14. Around the Battlemasters we already notice many less players, and the poolsize at the moment is already a lot smaller then it used to be at this time in the week… It makes me wonder if there even will be a Br14 spot…

And who does this help now that so many have used the same method previously? Why change it now? And why so sudden?

I will be trying to get standing 1 this week, it’s the only choice I have to achieve my goal. Doing nothing else but PvP, cutting down my sleep to 4h per night, eating behind my PC. Great respect to those early rankers who had to go through this in early vanilla for multiple weeks. I can’t imagine how it must have been in this toxic system that was created.

Please Blizzard, please start listening to your community.

4 Likes

R.I.P. WoW Classic PvP.
Blizzard is a big disappointment

There are so many fun things to do in classic. I believe pvp was boring af in the way it was. It was embracing toxicity in the community with all the pvp mafias.

Support for classic is so embarrassing, bugs fixing follows no clear logic and happens way too late.

Shame on you “blizzard”.

You can still do that. What you can’t do is make 500 characters per week on a single account. Now you are limited to having 50, with a maximum of 10 per server. That should be more than enough to keep a boosting “community” going.

1 Like

Mate you clearly have no idea of how WoW Classic operates maybe you are a retail player or just a new player. In Wow Classic we cannot invite or interact with players from other servers except for battle grounds the servers are isolated silos. Asking for players to go on the internet searching for a way to contact players from other servers to fix local issue is just a ridiculous proposal.
Before you come here saying what is good or bad get to level 60 and try to rank up yourself. I promise that if you are minimally intelligent you will change your mind.

Just wondering, how will this affect a non active/casual pvper who wants to get to rank 8/10? I get somewhere between 15-30k honor per week.

Depending on how big the poolsize is on your server and how much are actively pvping at the top, it might take substantially longer and even unattainable for the casual pvper…

Ye what Lugerr says. Most likely the latter…

Poor rankers that ruined bgs with their premades can’t exploit anymore. I feel so bad for them :frowning:

3 Likes

You are right, I do have a few retail characters. Most of them were created back in vanilla and TBC. You should be able to validate that I did play back then by checking the transmog of this character.

You do realise that you can change to another server in the upper right corner of the character selection screen? Finding the top rankers of other servers should be fairly easy, and there is no need to “search the internet” (unless you consider ingame chat “Searching the internet”).

People were organising cross server pool parties several months ago in classic. It’s possible, and it’s effective. It does however require some effort to organise. Since the current rankers want to minimise the effort, you resorted to rampant exploiting instead. Once again, rankers were unable to restrict themselves and took it too far. Premades took it too far in AV, and got it changed. You took it too far with pool boosting, and it’s getting fixed. Never go too far when you are either runining other peoples experience, or exploiting. Or, as a wise man once said: Never go full retard.

Thanks, but I stopped at rank 10 back in February because I knew the effort required for higher ranks wasn’t worth it. Maybe you should have done the same?

Your proposing that players make lvl 1 characters, go on another server and ask for them to fix the problem of your server. Do you even read what you are saying? Do you honestly think that this is more reasonable than players of the same server cooperating to get their own server in better conditions for ranking? Although pool boosting is not the ideal solution a system that does not allow anyone to rank up if the pool is not large enough is even worse. it is flawed in it’s essence forcing you to compete against your own faction instead of the opposite faction. Have you ever heard “let’s lose fast so we can queue again”? Probably not because you are only rank 10 but this kind of thing happens because loosing a battle ground is less important then making more honor than your friends. Poolbooting may not have solved all the problems but it helped more than the other option. Stop trying to sabotage others simply because you didn’t have the guts to push your rank up.

1 Like

No. I have already stated that server population issues should be addressed in other ways by blizzard.

I have already stated that rampant exploiting, as this change is fixing, is not an acceptable solution. Especially not if it’s just for “better ranking”. What’s next? Allow botting? It certainly makes it better to rank.

How is that flawed? We frequently see people on these forums claim that they enjoy competing for better parses than their own guild mates. Friendly competition is an essential part of wow, and classic. Why do you think people in top guilds on their servers were “afking” for hours every day in ironforge and orgrimmar back in vanilla and tbc?

Yes, it’s one of the biggest reasons alliance always lose AV these days. Throwing games is also a bannable offense, in theory.

And you can still do it. You just have to put in some effort, like the people who gained their rank 14 several months ago did.

Should I stop reporting bots aswell? They are making other people’s life easier after all. Clearly, you don’t have the guts either. If you did, you would have been rank 14 long ago without this exploit, and have no problems with this exploit being fixed.

Just a piece of advice because I’m probably older than you and I’m 100% sure I played this game way more than you did.

1 - If something is bad it should be replaced anyone can agree with that but removing something bad to rollback to something even worse is pure stupidity. Find a better solution before ripping the band aid off.

2 - You still think it is easy to rank with pool boosting, it is not. If it was so easy you would be rank 14 now. Ranking is extremely exhaustive with or without pooling, you would know it if you had to manage the pool size of your server, brackets and chase people all the time to make sure they don’t break it.

3 - I did in Vanilla in the Alliance and I was about to do it again. The biggest difference is that back in the days I made enemies everywhere whilst ranking, this time I made friends. It has been a much more pleasant but far from easy.

4 - Poolboosting is not fun and it’s not botting this is a ridiculous comparison.

5 - Honor competition is not friendly, it is unhealthy and inhuman. Forcing someone to play 20 hours a day, sleeping with headphones on waiting for the bg to pop and eating all meals in front of the computer like I did in Vanilla is irresponsible to say the least. Health sacrifice should not be a requirement to rank.

Everyone that truly understand how this honor system works is against this hotfix even people who have rank 14 already (read the comments) but apparently you think you know better than everyone else.

1 Like

Ok, want a reward for that?

Just because it doesn’t benefit you doesn’t mean it’s worse.

So don’t. You are not playing the game the way it is intended. That’s the problem, you, not the game.

In some cases it is the same thing. They are both against the rules no matter how you try to wriggle around it though.

Noone is forcing you. You can choose to not do it. Optional activities in video games are not inhuman. You should be old enough to understand that based on your previous claim.

How does cancelling this fix change that? I thought you said you still have to work as hard?

You mean the people who already benefitted from poolboosting? I’m sure they are perfectly objective on the matter, just like you, me or anyone else who got killed by someone in rank 14 gear when their opponent was at below 10% health. That’s right, poolboosting gives you an unfair advantage, and is a bannable offense according to the rules. If you are as old and experienced as you claim to be, you should be able to understand that. Then you should also be able to accept this change and be happy you don’t get a long suspension for your exploits.

@Richdude

I have to ask, what do you personally benefit from this change? Why is it good.

Less people of the opposing faction running around with rank 14 gear. Should be pretty obvious.

Because it brings classic slightly closer to the vanilla experience.

1 Like

LOL at all who quit the game because of this hotfix - getting rank14 was never meant for people like you!