PvP Tuning Changes for 27 January

We’re working on a new set of PvP tuning changes that will be applied to the game with weekly maintenance in each region (early on January 27 in this region). Here’s what we’re currently testing:

Player vs. Player

• Players now deal 20% less damage to Death Knight, Hunter, and Warlock pets.
  • In 2v2 Arenas, Dampening will begin at 20% when both teams have either a tank or healer.
  • Druid
    • Convoke the Spirits no longer casts Full Moon and Feral Frenzy when engaged in combat with enemy players.
  • Mage
    • Triune Ward (legendary) now provides 50% effective barriers (was 65%) in PvP situations.
    • Fire
      • Infernal Cascade (conduit) effectiveness reduced by 33% in PvP situations.
  • Paladin
    • Holy
      • Divine Favor (Honor Talent) cooldown increased to 30 seconds (was 25 seconds), and now increases cast speed by 30% (was 60%).
    • Protection, Retribution
      • Word of Glory’s healing has been reduced by 20% in PVP situations.

As always, we’ll post updates if we make changes to the changes, and the final adjustments will appear in our hotfixes update soon after they go live.

37 Likes

that is actually massive. i can’t believe it’s real. thanks a lot for doing something really

16 Likes

Pets are still going to die to passive cleave, the pet ress cast time needs to be reduced as well.

23 Likes

Nice changes, despite currently playing Ret alt I won’t criticize.

But it would be nice if Combustion CD reduction was nerfed a little bit. They get Combustion back too fast.

And 5℅ or something Windwalker damage nerfs could’ve been nice, they have extreme pressure in both 2v2 and 3v3…

Generally nice changes.

11 Likes

unholy dk still needs some love in pvp! like bigtime !! also ret, ww and warri need some nerfs!

9 Likes

Feral bleeds would need some love , feral outside of Ferocious bite feels useless

15 Likes

Prot/ret paladin healing has to be nerfed by more than 20%, prot literally can keep a dps alive in 2v2 longer than a holy without having to cast a single time

also missing a ww damage nerf

14 Likes

Think Convoke still will be too strong since Starsurge hits almost as hard as Full Moons. I think the better way to deal with Convoke is to reduce the amount of spells used?

Also did you forget about Monks?

10 Likes

How does this always happen to me :joy:…every time I decide to make the FotM thing, it gets nerfed in the same day.
I purposly didn’t craft Triune, just because I knew it was gonna get nerfed, so I waited…and waited…and waited months, never got touched AND NOW THE SAME DAY I CRAFT IT, BAM NERF! XD RIP my 2000 Soul Ash…

Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad it finally got nerfed, but why so late :frowning: I want my Soul Ash back…

Great change, still think this conduit is way too strong.

Thank you! Might not be enough, but it’s better than nothing.
I’ve seen 32k WoGs from prot pally in arena, so yea.

Amazing change!

Not sure if Feral’s Convoke needed a nerf, but the Full Moon change is probably a good thing.

2 Likes

forgive my optimism, but i reckon that they’re looking to make small adjustments and will likely make more of these adjustments if it shows inefficient – at least i hope. having blue post here to announce balance changes like that is not something so common so i feel like they’re trying a new pipeline to make fixes and communicate them. we’ll see :smiley:

7 Likes

This sounds very reasonable.

I do play Hpal and I feel like Divine Favor down to 30% effectivness and 30 sec CD might be okay, especially when burst is tonned down.

It should be 1.5 sec Holy Light with Divine Favor up, so it’s perfectly purge/stealable + kickable. Also it now introduces the option to use it on Flash of Light which was until now always “wrong” choice with Divine Favor and wasn’t needed because even Holy Light was super fast.

I’d however say while this tackles on MAINSTREAM SPECS, you could also try to come up with something to non-meta.

Good changes.

Obviously salty about the WoG, but it’s pretty busted self heal if we are honest. It just felt like a good substitute for lack of defensives outside a 5 min bubble.

The Full Moon change for Boomie is big, and the change to Divine Favor might actually make it possible to purge + interrupt now, which was borderline impossible at 60 % cast speed

4 Likes

I do however agree that Convoke still can delete people in 0.3 seconds with 2 Starsurges or Ferocious Bite in a row. Literally happened to me.
Link to picture:

This does not feel good.

i definitely agree with that 1 , Feral frenzy just gives us cp back and extra bleed that does not hurt that much to be honest . i just hoped to see some bleed buffs but sadly none

2 Likes

Kinda wish they would have nerfed the Healing Hands talent rather than WoG itself, since the talent is the main source of WoG’s power. This change indirectly makes Selfless Healer worse, which is arguably the “healthier” talent.

7 Likes

Wait, how does a 20 % nerf to WoG nerf Selfless Healer? Please explain

1 Like

It’s not a direct nerf to Selfless Healer, but WoG also gives SH healer stacks. You know, on a second thought, i can’t really remember what my thought process was.
It’s not a nerf to Selfless Healer. Regardless, i still think they should have nerfed Healing Hands rather than WoG itself.

Where is monk, arms retri damage nerfs. Not enought nerfs btw.

15 Likes

Arh fair.

I’m not entirely sure, Healing Hands is already nerfed in PvP, and half the talent is already useless (the cd reduction to Lay on Hands), so if they make it too bad, it’s just gonna be unplayable in pvp. I do get that WoG is insane healing, especially in wings

I think a flat nerf to ALL covenant abilities could be the ideal nerf here, since it’s the main issue with Kyrian monks and paladins, and condemn for warriors