The Creation Catalyst is Coming the Week of 12 April

Greetings!

The Creation Catalyst will become available to players after scheduled maintenance the week of 12 April. To access it, you will travel to the far south area of Zereth Mortis that is the Catalyst Gardens. The Creation Catalyst is on a floating island above the main pool area and can be reached via flying or using a small teleporter right below it.

At a base level, how it works is you input a piece of Season 3 gear and a corresponding tier set piece will be made with a matching item level. The useable items can be Season 3 gear from raids, Mythic+, PvP, World Boss Antros, or items purchased with Sandworn Relics from Rafiq in Pilgrim’s Grace, Zereth Mortis. The applicable slots are helms, shoulders, cloaks, chests, bracers, gloves, belts, legs, and boots. Note that the 2-piece and 4-piece set bonuses will only be on the helms, shoulders, chests, gloves, and legs.

The Creation Catalyst can transform one item per week, but it can store up these charges so that if you miss a week you’ll be able to create two set pieces the following week, and alts or players who come along later in the Season may be able to create an entire set if they have the Flux for it.

The Catalyst will use the Cosmic Flux currency that is earned from a wide variety of activities in the game. The costs for the different item slots are:

• Bracers and Cloaks: 600
  • Belts and Boots: 800
  • Gloves and Shoulders: 1200
  • Chests, Helms, and Legs: 1500

If a character vendored, disenchanted, or destroyed a Season 3 item that you want to use for this system, please visit the World of Warcraft Item Restoration page for assistance.

Some additional details:
Q: When creating tier set items with the Creation Catalyst, what is the item level of the tier piece after the process is complete? Is it the same item level as the base piece given to the Creation Catalyst or are there item level ranges that snap to LFR, Normal, Heroic, and Mythic item levels for tier?
A: The resulting item will have the same item level of the item that you put into the catalyst. It also keeps Mythic/PvP upgrade paths, tertiary stats (leech, speed, etc.), and sockets.

Q: Are tier set items created by the Creation Catalyst upgradeable or do you need to remake the tier with a higher item level base piece?
A: You’ll want to remake it with a higher item level base piece, unless the initial version had an upgrade path from PvP or Mythic+ and you earned currency to allow it to be upgraded in that way. For example, if you convert a non-set 9/12 helm from Mythic+ to a 9/12 tier piece, you will be able to use the Valor currency to upgrade it to a 12/12 tier piece.

Q: What secondary stats (Haste, Versatility, etc.) will be on the items made by the Creation Catalyst?
A: The tier pieces all have specific secondary stats regardless of what item is put into the system, only the tertiary stats (Leech, Speed, etc.), and sockets carry over.

9 Likes

just to be clear: its one charge per character, yeah?

can you please let us transform cypher gears too?

1 Like

Blizzard are you ok? Has something happened? Why are you doing things we actually want and not the usual frak-the-player-base? Im a little bit worried.

All things that make playing alts less grindy is a VERY good thing. Actually playing alts should be encouraged not the other way around (like it has been)

I didnt like Lost Ark because it didnt have a good transmog system, but Bliz should definately learn how to handle alts from that game.

1 Like

This was planned from the start and they have purposely held it from us to make us suffer!

If they were giving us something we wanted, we would have had this weeks ago, when we started asking.

And limiting it to once a week is just an insult.

2 Likes

Wording here is a bit odd.
Please elaborate on what happens if you use an cloak etc. in the forge. Do you get an item that progress towards the set bonus but does not “hold” it? Or is it pointless to put anything but the 5 “usual” items into it?

Ok, see you in may when I’ll be able to craft my full set.

I’m glad that the sand relic gear will finally see some use. :slight_smile:

Still no info on which transmog you get.

scheduled maintenance shows as Monday 12th April …

Monday is the 11th, also dont we usually get them on Wednesday?

Whats the deelio? we getting it 2 days early or??

Fantastic addition to the game, as others have said it’s a shame it didn’t com earlier. Thank you Blizzard either way - gives people who don’t raid (and the unlucky ones) a chance to get tier.
While it’s a good change, the time gating factor leaves a very sour taste. The only people who could tangibly get a benefit from this day1 are those who are 1/4 or 3/4 in their tier progression. More so for the latter.

They’re doing great on the alt catch-up side of things, this is half a step forward… an alt now needs to wait a at least whole 4 weeks in order to get full tier set from the CC… even after waiting for it to release. Which is objectively annoying.

Is the time gating worth it? Realistically waiting 4 weeks to get tier set - after that it’s cosmetic and minmaxing. I’d say the sour taste it leaves is absolutely not worth.

All in all good change, obviously. Thank you!

Only tier slots count as tier.
The other option is for transmog and if lucky a slight stat optimization.

If people are wondering what stats the cloak, bracers, belt etc will have you look at what the transmog set for example bracers are called, look what secondaries they have and that’s the bracers you will get.

Or better yet go to. Wowhead
They have made a list for every class
So if you don’t have the 4pcs bonus nothing aside from crafting that makes any sense. You will do it later to complete the transmog set.

I’d also like to know how this works, because after the first couple of weeks my Creation Catalyst use will likely only be to unlock transmogs. I guess we’ll start to find out some of the answers as people begin using the system, but a post that just explains how it works would be so much simpler.

This is pure speculation based on no actual info so I could be completely wrong, but my best guess right now is that the transmog for PvE items will be based on the item level of the piece being converted, with the ranges based on the highest item level dropped in that difficulty of the raid. 246 gear (the sandworn relic items) would unlock the raid finder transmogs, 247-259 would unlock normal, 260-272 would unlock heroic, and 273+ would unlock mythic. Upgrading a piece after converting probably doesn’t change its appearance, so it’s locked in at the point of conversion based on its starting item level.

For PvP appearances I’d expect it to be a simpler process. Converting a Conquest item (Cosmic Gladiator’s whatever) to a tier piece would unlock the Gladiator transmog for that slot, regardless of its item level.

Which transmog do you get on a tier piece created this way? The one closest to your item level? Does it default to normal? Does the appearance not actually change since it’s just your current item with tier stats and effects on top?

Timegating a timegated content, brilliant idea.

Since the start of the expansion, for the first time I was going to “raid” this patch. We lost alot of people from the guild because they got frustrated with the tier drops and literally stopped playing.

Now instead of finding new people, GL also decided to pug things up as he also got fed up.

I don’t understand Blizzard’s addiction to time-gating. Like, are they actually THIS MUCH blind to not see that they are literally losing players because of their weird time-gating addiction?

Will it, though? It’s ilvl 246… so I guess it will be downgraded to an LFR tier set? To get a normal tier set you’d need ilvl 252 min, right?

Once per week is a spit in the players face. Would be acceptable if this was released on patch day.

Can anyone confirm if this is once per week per account or can you upgrade on multiple alts in the same week too?

So as a solo casual player, I can Upgrade BOE, relic gear which is lvl 246, but I can’t upgrade the highest lvl gear I can get, cypher gear lvl 252, so yet again as a solo casual player we get screwed again. thanks, blizzard lmao.