Raid Tuning Coming 6 July

As we previously mentioned, we’re working on a number of hotfixes to the most challenging bosses in Sepulcher of the First Ones.

With the weekly reset in each region (6 July here), we intend to apply the following hotfixes:

Anduin

• Anduin’s Hope and Anduin’s Doubt health reduced by 20% on Heroic and Normal difficulties.
  • Reduced the movement speed of Anduin’s Hope by 15% on Heroic and Normal difficulties.
  • Grim Fate reduced from 200% to 150% on Mythic difficulty.

Lords of Dread

• Boss Health reduced by 10% on all difficulties.
  • Swarm of Decay and Swarm of Darkness damage reduced by 15% on Heroic difficulty.

Rygelon

• Boss Health reduced by 10% on all difficulties.
  • Damage of Dark Eruption reduced by 75% on Heroic difficulty.

The Jailer

• Health reduced by 15% on Heroic and Normal difficulties.
  • Health reduced by 10% on Mythic difficulty.
  • Azerite Radiation increased from 3%/stack to 7%/stack.
  • Domination is now triggered on players with 3 stacks of Tyranny (was 2 stacks).
  • Decimator no longer includes knockback on Heroic and Mythic difficulties.
  • Surging Azerite damage reduced by 15% on Mythic difficulty.
  • Surging Azerite heals Azeroth for 5% per tick (was 4%).
  • Rune of Damnation damage reduced by 15% on all difficulties.
  • Rune of Domination will be cast 3 times during Phase 2 on Mythic difficulty (was 4 casts).
  • Rune of Compulsion absorb reduced by 35% on Heroic difficulty.
  • Shattering Blast damage reduced by 20% on all difficulties.
  • Chains of Anguish damage reduced by 30% on Mythic difficulty.
  • Dominating Will absorb reduced by 15% on Heroic and Mythic difficulties.
  • Chain Breaker damage reduced by 20% on Heroic difficulty.
2 Likes

Why was it not tuned like this at launch?

I don’t understand why you can’t get it right the first time.

5 Likes

Good lord, you’re desperate to get people into the raid now aren’t you?

6 Likes

This is not gonna be enough to compensate for the 2-3 less month for 2 days guilds

2 Likes

Anduin nerf seems overwhelming for that ye. Even with the previous nerfs. Lords shouldnt take longer than half a raid night at worst now. Jailer got hard nerfed.

this addon killed more guilds than sylvanas people with burning the tree. im in the 3rd raid guild now and its dying soon. maybe s4 will save it

4 Likes

These nerfs are way too little and wont make up for massive time that was cut from season 3.

For example for Rygelon damage from Dark Eruption should be nerfed by 75% on all other difficulties (including mythic). Simple HP nerf is useless, since most groups already have much more DPS than needed and problem is over punishing mechanics, not DPS at this point…

2 Likes

In 1 month i could try to solo the jailer with my bm if they continue with the nerf

4 Likes

the raid isnt worth it. idid it once on lfr. got a tier piece from zerth morthis 1500 cosmix coin upgrade…why would anyone do raid?

You guys don’t understand that guilds don’t need obliterated bosses but rather a reasonable amount of time.

2 Likes

I too am on my 4th Guild now. My experience is it’s not that the guilds don’t want to do it. People go in once or twice wipe a few times and then the following week don’t bother to sign up. Makes it difficult to go raid if you cant get 10 sign ups let alone tanks or healers. I myself cant be bothered to spend a night wiping for 2hrs so I too don’t bother unless I am specifically asked to come help out.

1 Like

Why are you doing this? no one will take people seriously when they kill bosses after nerf
:smiley:

As much as I can see why these nerfs are needed, the one boss that needs it the most (next to the Jailer) is Anduin.

Any guild on Anduin now wont have a chance in hell to even see rygelon (or LoD, depends on how you want to kill them), let alone even pull Jailer once. Cutting the season by like 2-3 months and then also bringing in absolutely useless nerfs for 2 of the fights at the least is kind of missing the entire point.

I’ve seen tons of people at the same point we’re struggling at and saying that the nerfs have to basically decimate the fights to give any 6/11-7/11 guild a sliver of a chance to get to Jailer

Because they don’t want to recognize that S4 is either a bad idea or should not have a raid portion at all.

I dont think anyone cares about this anymore.

I mean, raids are generally one of the flagship features of WoW so it makes sense they’d like more people to participate :smiley_cat:

And the current tier has been almost universally criticised as too hard. Afaik, less guilds have cutting edge this season than ever - even as a percentage of guilds who have killed a few bosses in mythic. It’s no shock that Blizz want to make it accessible for the last few weeks in the hopes of getting guilds to have one last push.

I mean… you get more reliable endgame gear from the vault. One drop per player per clear is pretty tiresome, especially during progress when you will only be doing a few bosses and a lot of people will get literally nothing. And there’s big deadzones between being able to clear 2 bosses and 5 bosses, because it’s only giving people 1 vault slot for all that time.

Tbh, I think raids should drop more generously and not be included in the vault at all. Game needs to reconnect players with “loot comes from the raid” so they actually get something on the night with 20 people in voice chat. That’s more fun than everyone picks up their vault on wednesday and doesn’t talk about it because it was bracers again.

1 Like

It is quite interesting 3/4 seasons of legion was 5 months, bfa same thing. Only the last season of both expansions were long. In SL it got out of hand with the difficulty which means we needed way more time for them. I am not sure what blizz tries to achieve.

Because they’re trying to absolutely weave in that S4 nobody asked for. If Blizzard removed this useless half baked season then they would not need to nerf.

1 Like

Should have just been an extra affix on a 3 week rotation and that just boosted that weeks raid to +13ilvls versus the current max.
As a bonus for that week for raiding.
The M+ and PVP content could have gotten an “S4” with new rewards as normal.

I’m still not entering a raid without any lore tied to it.