Quel’dorei High Elves as an Alliance allied race

Unfortunately you are lacking the compelling arguments from the previous thread. You’re not even asking for High Elves, just for Silver Covenant…which makes no sense at all, surely you would want to broaden your argument, not shutter it down to one group of High Elves, as that makes it almost certain not to happen. What is it about High Elves that you do not want? I keep asking you this, and you never answer.

2 Likes

You can never have too many Elf variants or pony mounts…oh, wait… Noooooo Blizz, I was just joking!

2 Likes

Want to play a high elve? PLay a Belf, they are literally high elves. You don’t have to like it, you do have to accept it.

6 Likes

Believe me Jalak, if this whole thing was just about looks, we would already be playing a belf or a velf, instead of having this discussion, but alas…

To keep it simple, all we are asking for is to experience a continuation of the story of alliance-loyal high elves, who were depicted aiding the alliance on quite a few occasions across several expansions, but in the form of playable characters, not just NPCs.

Having said that, two problems become evident :

1- These alliance-loyal high elves are sworn enemies of the blood elves and their horde allies, you cannot in good faith “pretend” to be one of them while simply playing a blood elf, they will kill you on sight, considering their problems now transcend simple political affairs or even a philosophical view upon the ethics of siphoning mana from living creatures, their animosity is now also fueled by bad blood.

2- This, sadly, is also why Void elves also don’t deliver on our request. Indeed, if Void elves had been previously these alliance-loyal high elves we always saw by our side, but then they had the transformation to Void elves occur to them instead of a group of blood elves, then the Void elves would have been the legitimate and playable continuation of the story of alliance-loyal high elves. But unfortunately, this isn’t the case.

So, is there another way that we can perhaps enjoy playable alliance-loyal high elves without annoying our fellow horde players? I believe there is!

Now, and please bear with me, why don’t we use the classic high elf model ( or the more recent yet similar Nozdormu model) for this new allied race? No! I’m not kidding! Of course it will need some improvements to look fit for modern wow, but it can totally be used as a base concept upon which modifications can be made.

Now this has the benefit of avoiding the belf model and using a NE model base which is native to the alliance !

Now of course I know some people will not like this idea and by all means they have the right to, but let’s be honest, thicc kul’tiran are the same biological race as stormwind humans yet they can look vastly disparate due to different body builds.
Similarly, under my proposal, the playable alliance-loyal high elves can be seen as the same biological race as blood elves yes, but with a different body build ( using NE base, I believe that makes them more muscular)

Finally, I’d like to thank you for reading this far, and i’d like to encourage myself and all our fellow players to continue discussing this topic with passion but more importantly in a civil and respectful manner.
Because when all is said and done, we are just discussing whether we add or withhold some pixels in a video game, but the people we converse with are real and words actually hurt more than we think. I hope every one stays healthy and safe in these trying times.

8 Likes

What you are asking for is essentially a horde race that was made available to us over ten years ago and back then we wanted blue eyes and tattoos. If the race was given to you back then we would not be on the forums trying to steal your race from you this is exactly what you are trying to do the high elves joined the horde that is the lore. It would upset a lot of the horde and it’s player base if you got what we have wanted from our own race for such a long time which is the blue eyes tattoo ranger look.

1 Like

Your passion is strong I’m going to start campaigning for your Draenei with perks and a cooler look.

Not horde race asked. But alliance race highelves, which already there as Silvercovenant

No offence to the alliance but void elves and night elves. Are just not for me but I do rather look forward to playing my blue eyes blood elf or should I say high elf priest And paladin in shadowlands.

1 Like

If you want blue eyes - alliance waiting for you

Their is no alliance race high elves it never happened they joined the horde. If you was to get what you ask at the cost of upsetting many in the hundreds of thousands in the horde what would you achieve?

I’m pretty sure you will be having a moontear when shadowlands drops and we get our blue eyes and tattoos we are waiting for you.

1 Like

Upset horde? It has nothing to do with horde. I ask alliance race highelves playable, Silver covenant,

It has nothing to do with the horde in your narrow view about the matter. Because you have not thought about others only your self perhaps.

Its funny that you accuse of us wanting “blood elf” race playable for alliance, but you keep asking alliance highelves customization for blood elves.

We want our race playable - thats all.

1 Like

Because high elves are blood elves so yes I do want a Sylvanas wind runner look before she was killed by arthas.

1 Like

With all due respect Gromhal, allow me to make this clear. Blood elves are a horde race, yes, and blood elves are high elves, also yes. No one can deny that and I’m not asking for blood elves to leave the horde or even go neutral.

Again what we are asking for is another group of alliance-loyal high elves, these have nothing to do with neither the horde nor blood elves. Actually when you do see them they are almost always fighting blood elves (see: Isle of thunder and The purge of Dalaran), and that’s if we only take the Silver covenant in mind.

See Gromhal, I personally would totally like to see blood elves sport all these kinds of cool customizations.
Mind you though, it actually doesn’t clash with adding alliance-loyal high elves (yes, even the blue eyed blood elves), because they would be blue eyed belves, not the alliance-loyal high elves we are asking for (from a strictly lore view-point, unless a re-unification occurs of course, but it’s highly unlikely given the bad blood between them).

Also I would see blood elves gaining blue eyes through a different way than that of alliance-loyal high elves, perhaps by focusing to uptake arcane energy from the sunwell rather than holy energy. Rather than having always kept it like alliance-loyal high elves.
Then again I must admit, if blood elves are to gain blue eyes in such way, it becomes more necessary to use a different / modified model for the alliance-loyal high elves, but i believe this is largely mitigated by using a classic high elf model base as I had suggested before.

Stay safe, Gromhal.

1 Like

It all comes down to this: Blood Elves are High Elves.

When they retook the Sunwell, they stopped being “Blood” Elves, but they kept the name in honor of the High Elves who died defending Quel’Thalas. It is also a name that recognizes their noble heritage.

Giving Blood Elves blue eyes wouldn’t be a bad thing, if anything it makes a lot of sense. The glowing eye color of the elf is reflective of their magical practice, it’s not unique to any race. They’re giving all the races (I assume all of them) different eye colors, and it would be SO strange to not give them blue eyes specifically.

The pre-Scourge invasion High Elves are such an insanely rare breed and there’s about 900 left, some of them are neutral and some of them are still loyal to the Alliance (for some reason…). They’re not gonna go against the lore just to satisfy a delusional community of people who want to feel like a special unique snowflake in-game. Not gonna happen.

3 Likes

Oh my God, the OP is like a broken record…

Blood Elves = High Elves.
High Elves = Blood Elves.
Void Elves = Both of those.

You can split hairs all you want, but that mathematical formula is not gonna be changing anytime soon, and it is intellectualy dishonest to try and argue that High Elves are somehow completely different to Blood Elves.

You got your Void Elves. If you aren’t happy about them, then tough luck you spoiled baby.

4 Likes

They are not ‘sworn enemies’
Way to over-dramatise.

Philosophical view?
That is again an overstatement, it is nothing that complicated. Hell, the biggest problem here is that THIS is not why the Silver Covenant or Quel’danil remained outside of Blood Elven society, this seems to have been exclusive to the Quel’lithien Lodge, who are gone at large.

No. We know 100% that Blood Elves and High Elves look 100% alike in every single aspect, this has been established throughout WoW’s story. In TBC and again in Legion.

I suppose the High Elves could be fat :man_shrugging: instead of trying to sate their magical addiction with… well magic, they did it instead with food. Eating so much that they got morbidly obese.

2 Likes

I do respect your opinion, Fatugly. But with all due respect, numbers have been shown time and again to not really matter in the grand scheme of things, I mean honestly, how many Ashbringers exist? and yet there was no problem building an expansion around everyone wielding such one-of-a-kind wonders.

Also i’d like to remind you, Fatugly, our player characters are supposed to be very powerful heroes who saved the world times beyond counting…does this not make us special? The way I see it, it makes more sense for our characters to be more special than NPCs and not the other way around.

2 Likes