Question concerning non-rp players

That is what happens when the company supposed to enforce rules for a specific niche (roleplay) does not enforce those rules properly. Non-roleplayers started trolling, it was brought to Blizzard, Blizzard is greedy and can’t afford to enforce their rules so people get a more and more extreme stance. Cool to know any Gmod roleplay server that has 13 year old owners has a better enforcement of roleplay rules than Blizzard. :slight_smile:

Install TRP3, make a small and very basic profile, there, that’s it. Takes 5 minutes over all.

Rightfully so as this is the last RP realm.

Don’t. Silvermoon is one of the worst toxic realms.

But… If you’re not actively roleplaying, what “community” do you mean? Hovering over SW and knowing “there are roleplayers playing” is not a good thing. Since you’re not really part of that community either. As much as people like to pretend they are, but they aren’t.

People are growing more hostile to non-rpers (especially if they are trolling). Personally when I see some person trolling I just whisper them why they do that. I get no response. Sad.

You mean if more non-roleplay guilds posted their ads in trade, they would drown out the roleplay ones which are already a minority?

Yeah, where have I seen that before? Was it… Every other roleplay realm of both retail and classic WoW that entirely killed the roleplay communities there? Or maybe the server merging of other MMOs (ESO, Star Wars The Old Republic etc) that flooded roleplayers with very funny “XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD trolling roleplayers” neckbeards? I don’t know.

If you meant that more PvE guilds should advertize their guilds in the forums then no. That would lead to even more non-roleplayers flooding.

Are you saying that the other roleplaying realms that are now completely overtaken by non-rp trolls is ok because “they were the majority”? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

You see, that’s the difference. I played on a PvE realm when I first started WoW. I always had an interest in roleplay and then I was specifically looking up what MMOs had an active roleplaying community. WoW was mentioned oftenly so I gave it a go.

Here’s the reasons OOCer join AD:

“I like the community” - “My friends play there” - “Goldshire” - “I abuse the AH”

And probably a million other reasons. Do they mention “Because I was specifically looking for a place to roleplay”? No, atleast not from a pure OOCer perspective. Because roleplay is exactly that, very niche.

Am I missing something or does that make no sense logic wise? You’re saying “the public opinion can change, depending on the individuals”. So what negative attitude you speak of? Since the current “majority opinion” in the forums is that OOCers are bad for the realm. You say they “shouldn’t be met with a negative opinion”, but that makes you the minority. In which case you are wrong, according to your own words.

Usually I can put out a straight forward “Yes I agree” or “No I disagree”. Sometimes something in between, but your posts give me a big questionmark. Maybe just a clarification and/or logic issue.

As the great Blizzard man once stated: “Roleplayers should police their own realms”. Would be a shame if someone found the level 50 forsaken warlock in that video and would give a little hint to Blizzard that this person might not be in for the roleplay. :slight_smile:

Anyways, here’s two thread why we don’t want more OOCers on the realm as many of them are toxic:

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/a-irn-cru-heroic-raid-guild/239776

There is a reason why AD is known to be “so friendly uwu”, while PURE PVP AND PVE REALMS (Silvermoon, Tarren Mill and others) are known to have awful toxic and childish communities. Because the roleplayers are keeping the community friendly. So what happens if a bunch of non-roleplayers, coming from exactly these toxic realms join? Hm… I rest my case.

3 Likes