Raider.io Should be broken if it continues charging players for fast updating

It is mandatory as far as the player base for M+ is concerned. It’s scoring system has become the standard, therefore you are judged on it. It meets all the definitions of being essential.

It is essential unless blizzard break it. As other players demand your M+ score this makes it essential if you want to run M+.

They can still make enough from running adds on their website. The problem is that Blizzard are allowing this form of premium services rubbish to be forced on players by third party websites. They need to put a stop to this.

If they don’t all third party websites will be trying to find ways to charge you once they have sufficient critical mass.

What a terrible analogy, did you give a whole minute thinking up that one.

Unless of course I pay them for their “premium service”, which is exactly why Blizzard need to put them in their place.

1 Like

its not breaking ToS - no reason to remove it.
its as simple as that. LMAO

I am not saying it is breaking the TOS. I resent having to pay money for essential addons when I am already paying Blizzard for this game.

Blizzard should either create those addons themselves, don’t think it would take much work on their side and put them into the game i.e. quest helper.

Or

Blizzard should tell all third party sites that they are updating the TOS to ban charging for premium services.

If they do not do that the next thing will be all addons forcing premium services on players and the bill for playing WOW skyrocketing to four figures per annum.

1 Like

good, then there’s no reason to remove it.

1 Like

The website is free
The addon is free
The desktop app is free

Premium does not affect how fast your run appears.

I generally disagree with this, as it does not fall afoul of Blizzard’s TOS for Addon developers. The addon itself is still free, and the source code is still freely available. To argue that an optional feature external to the addon should not be paid for lest Blizzard bans the addon is weak in the face of that fact.

Besides this, I think few in this thread understand how much it actually costs to run services like this, especially if they need to operate in a cloud environment to ensure high availability. I highly doubt that advertising (if done) and the occasional impatient player who demands a fast update are enough to cover those costs.

I think the general issue here is that many players are resentful toward RIO for reasons that have nothing to do with the optional paid feature, and are looking for reasons to force Blizzard’s hand on the issue.

6 Likes

There is every reason to. Blizzard cannot allow this form of external charging to creep into the game.

Well RIO clear say on their updater when you click to update your character that you get faster que times if you pay premium.

No they clearly state elevated queue access.

Not instant, doesn’t update the addon.

This is literally a non issue for anyone.

This. Until blizz decide to include in the game the scoring system like they did with gearscore and ilvl.

Whether you have premium or not the run will always appear 30 mins to 1 hour after.

Try it next time. Just use F5 instead of update char.

Premium just updates stuff on my profile, gives me better support access on their discord and a few other perks.

Is Rio flawed? Yes. But I wouldn’t blame it entirely on Rio for being flawed. I would blame the 370 ilvl plebs who demand 390+ players with a score of 1000 for a +5 key (1000 Rio score can be interpreted as every dungeon completed on a +10) because they

1. want to be carried through the dungeon so they can sit afk and do something else
  2. want players who don’t need the gear so that they get as much free gear as possible.
    It’s these kids who make Rio flawed. I’m sitting on around 1500 score (season 1) on my main and my friends are around there too with one of the sitting on 1600. whenever we have to pug a random guy for our 13-16 keys we look for players with an equal score to ours, or higher, AS WELL as inspecting them and making sure they use a decent talent build, azerite and that they have the proper score for the dungeon (say we pug for a 14 shrine so we won’t pick someone who has 1600 score but only done a 7 shrine at best).

But Rio can be misused as well when people with 1k+ score gets invited to a group but proceed to ruin the key cuz they are clueless on what to do. I tried to do a 10 Shrine this week on my alt and friends so all we required was a tank. Luckily for us (we thought) a 1400 score Blood DK queued up so we were like “yes. He knows how to play, let’s go”. He even linked us his pre-made Method Dungeon Tools route so we though he was the real deal. It turned out the guy was absolutely useless. He had no idea how to play Tank DK and didn’t know how explosive and reaping worked, even though he had done runs with those affixes already. He straight up left because he was so bad he started thinking we were the problem.

Just because Rio puts a number on dungeons in the game doesn’t mean you have to look at the numbers alone. Rio really only shows you how high keys a players has completed, what role they play and what affixes they’ve played.

You mean like when Blizzard introduced the wow token so people indirectly pay them to be boosted in dungeons, expeditions, raid and pvp? Or how the token screwed up the economy of the game? Premium Rio and Raidbots aren’t actually destroying the game like the WoW token is.

The higher your education is, the more likely you are to get a higher paid job. This is how things work.

There is no serious problem with Rio having a premium option. It still takes a while for the website to recognize the run you did the past hour or two.

It’s free for everyone. You do not have to pay for premium to use the website. so what are you on about exactly? Without premium it can take a while to update characters and guild but who cares if they have to wait a few extra minutes? Do something useful in the meantime. Read up on dungeons or whatever.

Well if you hate it so much and aren’t having fun playing the game, how come you’re playing the game? And why are you even commenting on a lvl 13 character? Too scared people will find who you actually are?

3 Likes

I think they will inevitably. The data is already public, it just needs to be aggregated ingame. Reality is, players will always try to find new ways to get the best group possible, because not everyone wants to wipe for 1 hour on simple mechanics in difficult content because some mage kept pulling mobs unnecessarily.

Yes, I too struggled to find groups in the beginning, but I solved this problem by making my own groups, even before I switched to tanking. RIO is really just the latest example of a way players are trying to get smooth runs.

2 Likes

Let’s just assume the Site will be taken down.

So what’s the point of this whole story? You will now have to write your own synchronisation tool and provide it on the web sharing the load of thousands of requests / minute? I highly doubt that

edit: theres a saying: “you don’t bite the hand that feeds you”

@Cucullan
Ye, sire, are a troll of a great power. I greet ye and honour ye for this. Long hath these forums waited for a person capable of such tricks. Ye hath awakened a flame in the forum dwellers’ arses so strong that it summoned two MVPs. I bow before ye and abandon this thread. My powers are not enough to counter yours. Shame be upon me for trying to confront a troll warrior so convinced…

2 Likes

My main has nothing to do with this, that is just ad hominem.

What I do see on this thread though is a lot of players like yourself who are long established in guilds or with solid groups arguing in favor of an addon being allowed to charge players for fast updating. The message you get on RIO clearly says premium payments allow you to skip the update que ahead of non-premium.

And since when are MMO supposed to be fun, that goes out the window the first time someone calls you a scrub and you know you either have to get good or quit, becuase there is little inbetween.

IMO the reason the game has lost so many subs is because of people realising they are just not good enough to be playing it. After all Blizzard themselves put all the emphasis on the best titles, rewards, mounts, etc. on achieving high rating in tougher content. WOW has become a competition, it is not something like Red Dead Redemption where you sit back and relax.

And again, no premium required…

Our Crawlers are continually scouring for newly completed Mythic Keystone runs. However, this is certainly not an instantaneous process, so if you have just recently completed a run you will need to first wait for Blizzard to show your run on your armory page (usually takes about 30 minutes to an hour), and then wait for our crawlers to detect the new run.

https://support.raider.io/kb/help-my-mythic-plus-runs-are-not-showing-up/why-arent-my-recent-runs-showing-up-on-the-site

Well then explain clearly why are they posting that message and saying that with premium payment you can skip the queue???

The queue to update your profile is not the same as your latest mythic plus run appearing.

The profile is the one that gives your score.

The latest run will appear regardless of whether you hit update profile. Next time you do a run that qualifies to be on the wow leaderboards just sit on your profile and hit F5.