Raider.io Should be broken if it continues charging players for fast updating

I do have many problems with raider io.

They should totally break it, yes. It is not ok for the game design to be directed by a fan site forcing people to do in-game objectives that weren’t designed by the dev team and having a serious impact on how players are accepted.
If it is to exist, it must be in-game. Not out of it.

1 Like

Without it it would be even worse like inflated ilvl requirement, closed friends lists and more not to mention more PUG wipes detracting good players. Don’t expect lack of raider IO to give you successful BfA M+ runs at higher levels nor more invites.

1 Like

People all seem to forget wowprogress does the same thing only slightly less efficiently. Before raider io we all used to check wowprogress and that didn’t come with the convenience of an in game addon.

3 Likes

Yeah sure, add it as a baseline ingame so this way instead of a good chance to not get invited because of a potato score, you have a 100% chance of not getting invited because of a potato score.
Raider io should stay optional.

Even WoWHead charges its subscription for extra features.

2 Likes

I agree, R. IO should be terminated

Yes

You know mate, there is a big difference between your score updating on the site, which happens every 1 hour, regardless of your account ‘level’(be it unregistered, registered or premium) and the addon updating, which happens every 24 hours, regardless of your account ‘level’.

The only benefit for being a premium user is, that you can update your profile faster, which is unrelated to your score updating faster.

It got explained like 10 times in the thread and yet you’re still not understanding.

Furthermore, if it takes 11 hours to update your score in the website, chances are it’s a problem with the blizzard API and all scores, regardless of account level, take 11 hours to update.

You know, running +2s all day won’t improve your score, it will just count your best +2 and that’s it.

Calls someone else too casual while posting on a lvl 13 toon.
Just show us your main if you’re getting insulting.

Yea, those guys should spend thousands of dollars each month for servers and development for a software that is used by 90% of the WoW playerbase without any way of earning any money.

There are more than enough addons and 3rd party sites that had to shutdown cause they couldn’t keep up with all the effort it takes to develop and sustain, without having any form of monetization. Even the DBM author was about to quit developing cause was a fulltime job without salary, before he opened a patron.

The difference between a 1chest and a 2chest is like 5 score, in which world are you getting declined, because your 5 score difference isn’t recorded instantly?

EDIT: Why do you even care about your score when you didn’t even play 3 of the 10 dungeons on mythic or higher?

7 Likes

I wouldn’t really say that we are in “favor” of the website charging players if they want to skip the line. It’s more of a “Eh we don’t give a crap. We can do other things in the meantime while we’re sitting in queue.”.

So? Are you sitting on borrowed time or something so you can’t actually wait a few extra minutes? I’m pretty sure the queue time isn’t that much shorter than non-premium queue times. Also, you don’t skip the line of other premium users. You’ll still end up behind them so I can’t really say it’s worth paying money to shave off a few minutes each week(or however often you update your character).

Someone calls you a scrub? Welcome to the internet where people can be mean because they know they are protected behind a computer screen. There is actually something in between your “get good or quit” philosophy when someone calls you bad. It’s called IGNORE.

Eh how high keys or raids have you done? The game is thriving with casual kids who have no idea what to do, yet somehow believe they are the best in the world at the game. Anywhere you look you’ll find groups with casual kids thinking they are good enough to push 10 keys when they still have no idea how their own class or role works. Even worse when they don’t know simple boss mechanics like dodging what needs to be dodged. The same thing can be found in raid pugs where casual kids think they have the skill to do Mythic Uldir/Heroic BoD. Somehow they just forget that there are mechanics that you need to execute in Heroic/Mythic compared to normal where you can usually brute-force your way through.
The main reason people stopped playing the game is because it’s no longer as it was in Vanilla/TBC/Lich King. Not because people don’t think they are good enough for the game.

So you mean to tell us that LFR and titanforging was meant for players who play more competitively? By playing LFR, where you literally just tunnel the boss until it’s dead, you have a chance to get higher ilvl than from the same boss but on mythic difficulty? Should Arena players not get extra rewards for pushing their rating, like a mount every season?
There is literally no reason to do mythic raiding/keys higher than 10 if you only want gear, thanks to titanforging. The only thing mythic raiding and keys higher than 10 gives players is achievements that proves how good they are and the feeling of accomplishment when you kill a boss/complete a high key.

You don’t have to play competitively in this game. That’s a personal choice. If you want to sit back and relax you can do so. Tired of running around at max lvl in Zandalar/Kul Tiras? Go to the old continets and do quests or just fly around and enjoy the view.

Even if you don’t have to pay, they can still advertise their premium option to you, duh…

Its a free service, If you want faster service for free you’re just not dumb but do not understand that running these servers aint free for them.

Solution: scrap all add-ons.

There.

1 Like

If it’s designed by the devs, it will work in a manner that is concordant with their objectives.
What is the current design won’t be the same.

Also, i’m ok with just there not being one as well. So, we cool.

If it’s designed by the devs, it won’t work as the community want and it will be replaced. Goal of the devs is having people play as long as possible, any player.
Goal of the community who is interested in this, is push harder as possible, so if the devs do something, it will be replaced, as it always was.
Gearscore got replaced by curve that got replaced by ilvl that got replaced by raider and so on and on.

And Curse Client / Curse Network also charges players for money to download addons from their Addon Authors. Does anyone complain about that?

Nope!

If you want this to change OP, Even that site, and any other site that has patreon or charges players for money to continue their developments / support. Need to stop entirely asking for money too. This include memberships as well and the sort.

Until those things changes nothing will change about Raider i.o asking for money to support their site.

I skimmed the conversation, but what OP is trying to say is charging for help, or features is illegal. The TOS explicitly says so. I also don’t understand how wowhead if not owned by blizzard can charge, and other third party sites.

Its literally a wormhole for anything to happen. Yet nothing is done about it, the moral of the story is, blizzard cba if its not in-game, or private servers, well then you’re free to do whatever and charge money for it.

That is not what the are offering on Raider IO.

They offer among other things elevated queue status, basically if you support them via patreon you will jump the queue on updates to the website, so instead of 5 minutes to get the update it may take 1-2.

The addon updates at the same time for every single person therefore no advantage is given to anyone.

The entire topic is miss representing what is being offered.

It does not say that. It does not say you can skip the queue.

It says in no uncertain terms that you get ‘‘elevated queue priority’’

That means it will take less time but it is not saying instant update.
And again it does not update the addon in game which most people use and check.

For the love of all that is good in the world give up, because you have been wrong about this since the first post.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/doomhammer/cucullan/achievements/dungeons-raids

Achivements are account wide you have not done anything to even kick in a 5 achivement .

Actually most of them aren’t account wide, and for all you know I could also have a number of accounts; but that is beside the point. You and others are desperately trying to deflect my objections to addons attempting to charge money to players for premium services based on my personal performance in WOW.

So how high a keystone should one be running in order to have an opinion? +15, or should I really be pushing the limits, up over +20? Perhaps I should also have Mythic Jaina downed by now as well, just so my opinion would really count?

Armoury shaming, the last refuge of a desperate ad hominem attack to deflect debate from the issue at hand.

Actually all achivements are account wide so your wrong especially dungeon ones.
You were the one stateing you where running multi high keys farming same dungeon for trinkets.

So your one of the few players who have multi accounts not linked just to hide right ok i belive you.

There is no issue at hand its been explaind to you alot but you dont understand that.

I dont think you understand what ad hominem means either because you just said it in the wrong context completely.

Your personally performance isnt hindered at all because your not doing any content in the first place.

I’d say it is you who doesn’t understand the meaning, attacking my achievements to deflect my argument fits the bill perfectly.

Ad hominem (Latin for “to the person”), short for argumentum ad hominem , is a fallacious argumentative strategy whereby genuine discussion of the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument.