Raider.io Should be broken if it continues charging players for fast updating

@Cucullan: Ummm… How many completely different UIs should Blizzard then offer… 3? 5? 10? Quest helper options? Different healing mechanics? Addons generally exist by the players and for the players. World of Warcraft is 100% playable without any addons, but many of them offer various kinds of customizations and additional information that people can find useful.

In short, if there were no or far fewer addons, the base game would not differ much, if at all… at least not without additional cost in our subscriptions… or reduction of other properties.

3 Likes

But you don’t need to pay extra to be able to play the game in any way, shape or form. Some of the third party extras have a premium service but that service gives you nothing in game that you wouldn’t get as part of the free service.

I don’t do M+ at all but even I can see from a quick look through their website FAQ that there is no in game advantage gained from paying for the premium service.

3 Likes

Well obviously paying premium gives some edge with updating or otherwise they would be charging for it and people wouldn’t be paying for it.

How about the notion of ‘I appreciate this persons work, and I feel they should be compensated for this work they’re doing’?

Not everyone is 100% out for themselves.

2 Likes

How about I buy a game and don’t have to pay money and download numerous stuff from several other companys in order to play the friggen thing.

It gives some perks but not the things you claim. Go do a key. Press F5 on your profile. Key appears without having to use the update profile queue. It is a free service.

1 Like

But it’s not and you have been told this many times already.

It is a free service, you can choose to donate funds via patreon and get some fluffy stuff that makes it a smidge quicker to use.

It does not update the addon in game faster.

most will not go off and check the website just too see if you have gone up by 10 points from 550 to 560 because it really matters not at all.

Your misunderstanding of the addon and it’s use is showing and it’s not pretty.

Usually and in almost all cases I say it’s fine to sit on a low level alt, but this is the one case where it is not ok, You want to be taken seriously while maintaining an incorrect stance all the while not understanding what the site is offering and expect us to believe you do hundreds of Mythic + runs…it’s all beginning to stretch the believable options left.

1 Like

Yet another ad-hominem attack.

You use that phrase to add meaning or impact? but I think you are now over using it and frankly it shows how desperate you are.

Again you are wrong, I’m posting on one of my mains because I have nothing to hide.

But you have been wrong since the first post because you can’t read properly what Raider IO state you get from the patreon support.

This thread should be locked.

2 Likes

I can 4see another ad-hominen inc :joy:

2 Likes

Why wouldn’t I when both of you seem to be more obsessed with my main than debating the topic at hand. There is no better way to describe it than an ad-hominem attack.

Deflecting attention from this still does not change the fact that Rio tells you that you get elevated queue priority if you pay them.

Here, copied straight off their message when you go to update:

Become a Patron and Get Rewarded!*

• Browse Raider .IO AD-FREE!**
  • Update faster with elevated queue priority**
1 Like

Yeh there it is !! number 8 of the thread !!

But no reply however to the exact wording from the Rio site. Continue deflecting from the debate.

We have all told you lots of times not our faults your not reading YOU DONT HAVE TO PAYE IT simple and many addons are doing it and many sites doesnt mean anything so please stop trolling .

For the millionth time. That queue does not affect your mythic plus run appearing on your profile.

You get a faster queue, yes, there is more to your profile than a mythic plus run, there is more to the website to queue other than your own profile.

There is nothing deceptive or misleading. There is just your one man vendetta against an addon/website.

4 Likes

Wait was that an ad-hominem on an ad-hominem over an ad-hominem ?

Well 27 other people who liked my OP seemed to agree with me as well. And numerous posts from others on this thread.

And it clearly states elevated queue priority. As 99.99% of people are using the website and or addon for score then perhaps they might want to explain this clearly because either they are being vague or your score updates faster; either way that is not acceptable.

1 Like

But have you not noticed soon as people were shown actual factual evidence your “likes” (which mean nothing btw) stop happening in your following posts ?

1 Like

There are lots of people who dislike the addon because they feel it keeps them out of mythic plus.

4 Likes

Seriously…This is still going on.

At least now the OP has the wording right from the website…it only took 200+ posts to get there.

But still doesn’t get it.

It changes nothing at all…nothing. not a thing is different. support them or don’t support them that is your choice and yours alone no one is taking that from you.

But the addon and it’s database is free to use in game for everyone with the same update cycle so we all have the same information for the same period of time regardless of whether we support them or not.

So it is in no way breaching any rules.

I’m not sure in how many different ways people can tell you this, any more and people might wonder if we were to shine a torch at your ear we would see the light pass all the way through.

4 Likes