Raider.io Should be broken if it continues charging players for fast updating

At this moment a 3rd party website that charge for a certain service, is less harmful to the game than the developer itself. Rio may charge for faster score update, but it has no real meaning once you hit 1k, but the tokens and the in game shop is basically destroying the economy of Wow as we speak. Priorities Mate.

But its not a quicker score update thats the thing the OP is missing .

2 Likes

You are 100% right, but for my argument it doesn’t really matter. Whether your score refreshes in 30 mins or 4 hours doesn’t have a large impact on the game. At least not as much as the in game shop.

2 Likes

Especially considering the addon updates overnight so the scores you are gaining that day wont show until the next refresh anyway.

2 Likes

hmm, last i checked wasn’t it against the ToS for addon developers to ask for money? i’ll admit i haven’t looked into in in years but i seem to remember at least some cases in which blizzard sent a C&D notice to some addons that wanted money.

1 Like

I’ve linked all that information but still the OP wont listen :frowning:

Because no matter what you say they still have charges that give an advantage to those who pay, no matter how slight that advantage. This should not be allowed and Blizzard need to change their TOS to prevent this charge creep setting in across the board with all essential addons.

Learn to farm gold. If you are buying 2 tokens a month for flasks feasts & augument runes, there is something wrong with you.

Don’t have time to do that with real life where I’d earn a mutiple of the €20 a token costs in that time.

My issue is with paying money to 3rd party sites on top of all that.

Even when we can prove otherwise you carry on with your untrue claims.

The rules are that the website/addon must be free and not hidden behind a paywall. Raider io like other addons and sites adheres to these rules.

You have no need to pay for any premium on raider io. The website and addon work for free and your score is update for FREE.

If, however, you want to help support the costs of servers and everything else they do then you can sign up for premium/patreon and you will get some goodies in return for your helping to support.

But it does not change that the addon data updates overnight (providing you open the the twitch desktop app to do this) and your profile and score is there for free.

So what about

Icy Veins ?
WoWhead ?
DBM?
300 + other addons that ask for or suggest donations/subs ?

You are bing obtuse and have been shown the eveidence many times it gives you no advantage ingame at all of any shape or form.

1 Like

I doubt a copy of your armory or a lack of up-to-date raid progression will matter for a M+ invite, especially when high keys are totally different thing than raiding and people look at given dungeon runs more-often than on general score not to mention raid progression. If you have multiple runs recorded it will show up nearly as quickly as leatherboards list them. That part isn’t affected by any paid queue.

So you kill a new raid boss on normal and then you have to wait for Bliz Armory to update it, then Rio has to update it, then you have to wait for daily addon to be released, then you need to wait for people to update the addon, which for some may take up to few days… and then they will see you have a one more boss killed here or there. Congratulations, you are now entitled to +15 key…

There is still wowprogress but people like more polished version of raiderio. Anyone can make a clone, just it seems not everyone has the funds and time to do so. And you can be excluded from in-game content due to your attitude, your lack of experience with given level of content or just being one of hundred that queued.

1 Like

Blizzard will have to change their terms and conditions OR all addons can now charge money…they can start charging about £50 a month and people with more money than sense will pay

Is this thread still going on? OP is one of those trolls that repeat same bs no matter what you tell him/her. When everyone got tired of overquoting and repeating same sentences he/she can claim winning argument on the internetz.

2 Likes

Why should Blizzard prevent 3rd party addon/tool-makers to make some money out of it?

Plenty of popular addons or tools will rapidly become outdated. Is that what you want?

Nobody forces you to use it, nor to pay for it. What is the big deal?

Heck, first time I learned about the RIO thing I had a score of around 500 (yeye other char) I didn’t even know about it before that. Proof enough that you do not need to pay to use it (or need it overall to get in mythics < 10)…

It’s already not allowed to CHARGE money for an addon.

It’s not forbidden to ask your users for a donation to support you developing and providing said addon/service.

If i develop a software that hundred of thousands of users use every day and it takes me 8+ hours a day to develop said addon(See DBM, he announced that he won’t continue developing due to it being a not paying fulltime-job when people recommended he would open a Patreon and now has 2.8k people that are willing to give him 1-3$ each month for his hard work), i would appreciate a few donations or i would just not develop said software.

Furthermore, it’s not bad or prohibited that you can get small extra features for donating, be it access to a discord, faster queue times on your webservice or whatever, as long as it’s not hindering the basic functionality of the addon itself.

If you prevent 3rd party addons/sites from charging money for small goodies or asking for donations, all sites will be filled with MMOGA ads advertising goldsellers/levelboosting whatever.

There are developers spending hundreds or thousands of hours developing this sites and addons, which costs money (Around 100€/hour for a full fledged developer here in germany) and they are hosting/providing said addon and website, which costs money (I don’t want to know the workload the RIO servers are under on a reset day when a new season starts, that alone costs a fortune).

1 Like

You don’t have to use the addon to play the game.

And you don’t have to pay to use the addon.

I use it to save time, several hours a day, cause i can decline people like you in a matter of seconds due to lack of experiance.

You know, if you have no education, your opinion on certain topics is completely irrelevant to me.

If you have 200 score and are complaining about raiderIO it’s pretty likely you just don’t understand the system and are angry about something you can’t comprehend rather than being angry about something specific.
(You complain about being forced to buy a premium account so your score updates while those two are completely seperate, just to name one example)

I won’t discuss atom physics with someone that is making burgers at McD either.

1 Like

But would you discuss making burgers with someone that is atom physicing?

I understand they both important subjects yet to me only 1 matters. hint: I dont eat atom physics :joy:

Wow, I had no idea that was a thing. They are explicitly profiting of an add-on, as far as I recall, that is a very big no-no.