Raider.io Should be broken if it continues charging players for fast updating

Yes but could you run the same one 9 or 10 times in the same night, at an appropriate level when trying to get a drop on your BIS item. You would need a very large guild to do that.

If you donā€™t gear in the first couple of weeks to near full you arenā€™t getting invited to pugs. And Iā€™m pretty tired of people saying get a guild, most guilds outside of a handful of top ones are dead as doornails.

2 Likes

Iā€™m starting to think that you donā€™t understand how raider io scoring works.
You can gear at any time and get your sport in pugs as long as you score is decent, and that is very little dependant on gear.

Iā€™ll genuine be curious at this point to have a look at your main score.

Raider io add-on is free. The website is free. The add-on updates once a day. The website updates when the API comes through from the leaderboards.

All you are doing is spreading lies. Raider io is a free application that operates within the rules set out by blizzard.

You need both, after all who are you going to invite, they guy with X Rio score around 395ilve or the guy with the same rio score about 405ilev. You have to constantly push every aspect of your character in this game now, most of the population are viciously competitive and self interested these days. If you fall behind in your neck, your gear, or your RIO score you are no longer wanted, harsh but very true.

It has additional charges for access to fast updating. It states that clearly on itā€™s own website. What part of that not being free do fail to understand. There should be NO charges inflicted on players to use third party addons at their optimum performance and Blizzard needs to rectify this.

1 Like

My guild is 1/4 if not less of what it was during Uldir, yet still we have like 5-10 people to do high keys. Yesterday we did some sub-10 keys for new people. We canā€™t raid as we did tier before but we still can do M+ and on Twisting Nether due to a large population itā€™s not easy to get to the leatherboards when you have a guild group from such realmā€¦ yet we still have fun, some farm TD like crazy for weapons, I farmed WM in between many other runs.

No it just mean that you havenā€™t played enough. The real currency of this game is time, not raider io score. If you canā€™t put in enough time to keep up, you canā€™t blame a third party addon for it.
There are tons of option in the current game to catch-up, gear is really not a point. I pick the higher gear only after checking the score and the class i may need. Itā€™s a very small bunch of cases where it may make a difference.

Again, Iā€™m really curious to see your main score at this point.

It is pointless to break raider io without giving a replacement because people will just create another iteration of raider io. Blizzard can try to close their API more and more, obviously, but this would be a weapon-armor battle. Instead of fighting this battle, they should make raider io obsolete by providing their own tool - whatever that is. My choice would be automatic solo queue for M+ with requirements like ā€œyou have to complete M+5 to queue for M+6ā€ and some smarts for group composition. Current manual team queue can be left unchanged, it will obviously be sidelined in that 90%+ will use the automatic queue, but so be it. (Most of the 90% will be new guys who donā€™t do M+ now, too, so itā€™s win-win.)

1 Like

No you donā€™t understand that the rules when using Blizz API are to provide a free product not blocked behind a premium wall. Raider io meets those standards. The addon is free, the desktop app is free, the website is free.

In order for them to be breaking the rules the addon itself, the website itself or the desktop app itself would require a paywall to access them. None of them have a paywall. All of them update from the Blizz API for free.

yes and no, the site and addon is free yes, but to get the que down you have to become a patron they say, I would link it here what it says, but I am not sure that is allowed.

You canā€™t really put rules on 3rd party apps doing what they want with public information from blizz.

The fact that they are charging for premium services should be clamped down on by blizzard. That is the whole point of this thread, to highlight that and to point out to blizzard that it their game will get hurt when eventually everyone has to pay for a premium service on an addon.

2 Likes

Ye to have it be instantenous instead of waiting some five whole minutes.

By ā€œbreakingā€ they mean limiting the API so that the site cannot extract the info it uses for its rankings.

That queue is still free and that queue does not affect your latest dungeon. It is still held up by Blizzā€™s API.

Like I said many many posts ago, there is this myth that somehow having premium will update that score faster and itā€™s simply not true. The score appears when the API comes from Blizz. Nothing I can do will speed that up. Once Iā€™ve done a run I have to wait like everyone else for it to appear. I can ask it to go check the leaderboard but there is nothing to find. Because Blizz hasnā€™t updated yet.

There is a box to the right hand top side of your raider io profile page. That will show the latest dungeon you have done when the API comes through from blizzard. There is nothing premium can do to speed that up.

The problem with this thread is people are just talking about things they have no understanding of, they have presumed all sorts and simply donā€™t know how the site or the addon work. Blizzard has closed down API access to other addons that have charged a premium to use them. Raider io provides a free service, and like many other sites it also provides a premium service.

The Audit spreadsheet works in a very similar way. It works for free but has limitations. You can unlock extra perks if you support them via patreon. These perks are not affecting your free access to a free product that updates for free.

1 Like

then the premium actualy goes under false advertising what can directly affect Blizzard again, so it is still wrong in a way atleast.

You donā€™t have to pay. You can pay if you donā€™t want to wait five minutes. You donā€™t even have to wait, you can just que the update and itā€™ll happen without keeping the site open.

Obviously running the site isnā€™t free and giving paying supporters QoL Premiums isnā€™t wrong lol.

They do not advertise falsely. They do not do anything wrong. The only thing wrong here is your vendetta against a popular addon that is used a lot.

Itā€™s a 3rd party site and blizzard doesnā€™t have any affiliation with them.

Explain this how i was number 2846 5min later i am 3132 out of 4785 10min later i am still at 3842 out of 5862.
20min later again i was down to 2823.
That was when i closed it this was on thursday.