Realm Consolidation Update - Season of Discovery

Can we get an update whatever happened with the names? Kinda sad that it all went downhill with the transfer, even if it was expected.

5 Likes

Has anyone been able to reclaim a name?

Still nothing for anyone in my guild 3 hours later.

Apologies, been wrestling with the free character move pipes most of the day. Confirmed this name should be available, digging into what’s going on.

3 Likes

Guys it is in the text
 overwriting inactive names will be locked for another 2 days.
If you transfered a char then you probably have to choose a name that is not taken or you stay offline until friday evening.

The full sentence doesn’t say anything about inactive names though.

1 Like

If it turns out that the “name reclamation” is not working properly (I firmly believe is not, since I had the same problem like a lot of players, my name was not being used by any active account and couldn’t claim it), what will happen to us players who chose a different name? I think the fairest thing would be to give all players a second name change for free to combat this error.

2 Likes

My initial assumption was correct; this is not working as intended. Many people were forced to rename their characters. Will they have the opportunity to reclaim their original names and get free rename now?

7 Likes

It’s currently 02:44 AM for EU players and 17:44 in Irvine.

All I’d ask is that if and when you guys determine it’s not possible to resolve the name reclamation issues today and call it/go home, please give us an update before you do, so that we know when we can go to sleep without potentially losing our names overnight.

1 Like

So, I was forced to rename pretty much all of my characters. The main ones for sure. And I learn that the reassignment algorithm actually didn’t work and I could have kept some or all of my names. On top of that, character creation wasn’t locked as specified, and to make matters worse, all of my character maps were reset to 100% fog of war as if I had never stepped out of my current location
 what now? Will you reassign names retroactively if they were free at the time of the move?

I demand free name changes

2 Likes

For everyone!
Not only transfered chars.
I was also planning to do a name change with the new mega realm, just to realize if you are on wild growth then there will be no chance for that.

They do offer free character changes every now and then.

So what is the verdict, when will name reclamation be possible as i tried various nieche names and some actually very rare and still none are available.

1 Like

So how do you report that honor was lost in the transfer? Can’t find anywhere. It worked for one char but not another. Lost like 50k.

Could we please get some help with this? Name reclamation has clearly 1000% not been working or turned on not even for a moment since the server changes went live. My guild is raiding on Living Flame tonight but I’m holding off transfer while waiting for you to fix this issue. Please tell us something.

Please? :frowning: We can’t wait much longer we need the name reclamation feature to work ASAP

Fwoibles/GarnetHound is based in Irvine CA, where it’s currently 04:30 AM, and it sounds like he’s dealing with this solo, so I expect we’ll get an update in US office hours.

Are we going to get an update?

1 Like

There certainly seems to be some issues with name reservations. For one- As far as i know the name “Crimson”, the name of my Crusader Strike Paladin supposedly was on a dead character. Could i get confirmation if there indeed is an issue related acquiring old names, or should i just lock in the name change?

Any update?! Why not give us a new server in the first place? name reclamation is not working or it was a complete lie.