Realm Layering Update – English

With layers removed, please re-implement queues. Limit the poplation of each un-layered realm to a viable size.
I would much prefer to sit in a queue and then eventually be able to play when I do get in, than this parody where I log in, look at a zillion players fighting for mobs, sigh and log back out.
2 different communities are trying to get attention here. PvPers who want as many players on the realm as it can hold. and PvEers wanting to enjoy the ride.
2 differnt solutions to these 2 problems would be nice. One size fits all do not exist in WoW either.

6 Likes

Me and my wife play on Hydraxian Waterlords and we found that really confusing why all of a sudden there is more players than mobs and questing is impossible in most areas. Must be even worse on more populated realms.

4 Likes

Why so early? Bring layers back, there people who are still leveling in hard conditions due to overpopulation!

6 Likes

It’s clear to everyone that the only realms with a population suitable for a single layer world are the Medium pop realms like Bloodfang or Judgement.

Please release fresh single layer realms in preparation for P2.

Keep those realms transfer-free until they mature, so that people are actually incentivized to start there and you don’t end up with a bunch of lvl 50s surprised there is no community and no economy.

5 Likes

On the contrary, this weekend at peak hours most realms were Full, a handful were High and only Dragonfang and Judgement were Medium.

3 Likes

The reduction in layers has introduced delays and random key press to spell activation gaps.

1 Like

By now that is pretty much the only way I’d renew my Subs (no typo), the Vanilla content isn’t really build for the Mega Realms that the Classic ones currently are and I have yet to see any indication that e.g. Naming Violations/other breaches of the RP Ruleset or the layer/XP abusers have been dealt with in an appropriate manner (instead getting an earlier Dire Maul, GG).

At least Hearthstone is still fun to me I suppose (sunk several k in it by now, ‘weird’ how that goes with stuff I like) but still, fix the Classic customer satisfaction.

2 Likes

uhm…for last week since you “optimised” layering queues have gone up to 2000+ again… like can you put it way it was 2 weeks ago… had max 200-300 queue then now its like a hour to log in allready

That solution already exist in the form of server types?

Sadly the only way to reach playable.server populations they need to lower the server cap by removing layers. Either deal with it, quit or transfer to another server

3 Likes

In theory you’re perfectly rigth. In reality all Normal realms were at full during prime time, leaving me no freedom of choice whatsoever.

1 Like

Transfer to WHAT other server? All 3 Normal realms are Full.

3 Likes

Didnt know you were on a normal realm.
Then you are sh*t out of luck… i am sorry

1 Like

I have had to reroll three times now to less populated servers, each time the server becomes packed and now I am stuck in a zone with loads of other players and all the mobs are dead :frowning:

1 Like

Layers where added as a short term remedy called a “hot-fix”. The purpose was to allow players a smoother start so you would not have 10000 orcs/humans stand in line everyone trying to tag the same mobs…

Last month they reduced layers already, it is first this month that some servers go from 2 down to 1 essentially disabling the hotfix. This is done as the server reaches a healthy zone by zone population spread and keeping layers on forever would mess with the balance too much.

If you are smart you farm & buy from the auction while multiple layers exist as it multiplies the resources everyone farms and sells. Once layers normalize down to 1 the prices will start to rise to a normal state as everyone is now farming on the same layer.

note: your hard conditions isnt the reason for the layers… the layers where the for the extreme case release would otherwise have caused. If your server has too high pop in leveling still u should consider a server without a que as you would need to be on an over populated server to have over pop in leveling zones at this time.

All 3 Normal realms ar still layered and overpopulated. There ARE no low pop Normal servers to re-roll on :face_with_raised_eyebrow::cry:

7 Likes

layering off for good, righT?

Seems like it. And now total unplayability :frowning: I begin regretting I paid for 6 months in advance.

1 Like

Yep, seems to be, for the moment, at the end of the day, loads of people wanted layering to be removed, and that is exactly what Blizzard have done, across all EU realms, let’s see how it pans out from here :slight_smile: , in my case, my realm (Pyrewood Village [normal]) is showing as full but can login no problem, not sure what other peoples experiences have been over the past few hours.

They didn’t kept there promise just so you know. They said they’ll remove layering by phase two which was the release of dire maul. Dire maul released, still layering.

1 Like